Canadian Nuclear Laboratories
Canadian Nuclear Laboratories Employee Review

Challenging work in an interesting field

14 November 2019
CNL is a great place to work. The staff are knowledgeable and friendly. The environment inside and outside is peaceful and refreshing and the location is beautiful on the banks of the Ottawa river. CNL is a growing company that was previously a crown corporation. After privatizing about five years ago, many transformations are occurring including new infrastructure, more commercial focus and strategic focus on exciting new technologies that solve challenges in energy, the environment, security and health including nuclear medicine and the effects of low dose radiation. CNL's focus on the future is evident in their work in clean energy solutions such as hydrogen technologies and research in areas like cyber security and machine learning. The benefits are great. There is a lot of room to growth. Science is fun and the world is investing into it. A nice place to be.
5.0Job security/advancement
27 April 2021
Research Scientist (Current Employee) - Chalk River, ON
I liked my work and wasn't stressed. The range of work is great and managers are understanding but the beaurocracy slows work so much that it really hamstrings research.
Pros
Good wage, low stress
Cons
Inefficient
29 January 2021
Training Consultant (Current Employee) - Chalk River, ON
I love this place. Love it.Perhaps it is because I am a 31 year veteran AND worked for 5 years for a company providing training for the military that I just amazed that supervisors/managers can be respectful and not abusive. The respect I receive is off the charts and the benefits are equally amazing. I simply love love my job of courseware development.
Pros
Creative freedom.
Cons
The odd dinosaur who should retire.
11 October 2020
Carpenter (Former Employee) - Chalk River, ON
Working in the trades on site is very limited as most of the large jobs are contracted out so trades only get the small tasks to do.A lot of sitting around and waiting for work to start.Micro managed and poor supervision.They are big on safety on site
Pros
Good benefit package
  1. Challenging work in an interesting field