Canadian North Employee Reviews

Overall operation makes me laugh
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 February 2019
I see other reviews from various departments, now here is one from the maintenance department. It is a very laughable maintenance operation with mostly pilots running the maintenance department behind the scenes. The pitiful premium they pay ACA signing authority just doesn't make it worth it to HAVE signing authority. Speaking of signing authority, if you were to end up into working Heavy maintenance you would be expected to sign for the work of 5 or 6 apprentices which usually results in a Q&A nightmare. Seems like there's more managers than actual maintenance personnel. Line maintenance will get you nothing but straight night shifts. No night shift premium, unlike places like Air Canada, and other "industry peers" which is a term to company loves to throw around a lot. All in all, very doubtful someone would enjoy working at a place like that. I would discourage anyone from doing aircraft maintenance to begin with, but if you still feel compelled, I HIGHLY discourage anyone from doing it at Canadian North
Pros
Better than unemployment
Cons
Too many
Canadian North Inc.
AR (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 March 2018
Multiple softwares and platforms to learn, provides interesting opportunities. Not much room for growth. Employee advancement and education available. Very business oriented, a good place to learn private corporate structure. Co workers are incredible and kind people. Management is supportive and intelligent but can only provide opportunities within their means as this corporation is run by a larger parent company.
work with wonderful people
Charter Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 August 2017
the atmosphere was great. Looked forward to going to work everyday. The benefits were excellent and the flight benefits were nice to have and offer to family and friends.
Enjoy my job and the people I work with
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta30 October 2016
I get to meet different and interesting people in my job. My co-workers are a great bunch of people to work with. I have also gotten to fly to places that other people pay lots of money to go see.
Company miss managed
Deskside Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 March 2015
Company miss managed and never could make solid decisions so any big projects were always on hold.
The perk was flying all over the North and meeting lots of people.
Pros
Very nice colleges
Cons
Very disorganized and the company did not pay their bills!
Fun and friendly co-workers
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC4 February 2015
This job is casual but I love it as I love to work with my co-workers. They are talent, funny and friendly. Very support team and great job.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
3 hours a week
Fun workplace with great management and awesome people!
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 October 2012
I quite enjoyed my job at Canadian North. I had great surpervisors and mentors and I felt lucky to be able to go to work and enjoy my day. Everyday I met new people, my crew and passengers and I'd go to work and be able to laugh and enjoy myself. The most difficult part of the job was remaining safety conscious while making everyone feel comfortable, however, my training made that quite a bit easier.
Pros
flexible schedule, travel benefits, team environment
Cons
not always having the ability to contact my supervisor