Canadian Niagara Hotels

Canadian Niagara Hotels Employee Reviews

Canada24 reviews
A good company to work for with room to grow
As a Switchboard Operator an 8 hour shift answering guest questions and referring callers to the appropriate departments. It's enjoyable interacting with the public from all over the world who wish to reserve a stay at our resort of hotels.
Healthy and friendly staff member
I love to work in the evening shifts. the staff members are so cool and very supportive. Always appreciate the other person and help others. The managers and the supervisors are so good in their work. They have a good experience and work ethics
Terrible managament
Kitchen is dirty and has almost no properly working equipment, and management is terrible all they do is lie. they tell you they will give you advancement then leave you waiting. worst kitchen I ever worked.
Pros
buffet food
Cons
terrible management
Worst company I ever worked for!!
What else is the General Manager going to say?? Is he/she going to say something negative and risk losing their job? Hard to believe that this all started on Main in a small television repair shop, must have fixed alot of tv's. Thank god for Al Paladini.
Pros
Christmas party
Cons
Everything Else
Not a good workplace
Absolutely horrible management. They hired me for a role as a host. But after one week of hosting duties with no training. They put me on receiver and now i'm supposed to be a busser. I've been told one thing by one manager and then something completely different by another. I have one manager who constantly talks down to me and I've told another manager about him and he continues to do it. I wouldn't recommend this place to work for anyone. I believe that they will loose all of their current staff and go under.
Stay away from this company
Management only know pushing but never give solutions
Not helping if employee had difficulties

Super overload job, the Controller tried to save money.

Not recomended at all.

Very stressful environment.

High turnover in finance department

Not equal tasks. Very unprofessional working environment.
Pros
Benefit is okay not really good
Cons
Salary too low. far below market. No life balance
Terrible place to work
Worked as a Server at Perkins. Long hours. Little tips. Large tip-out that went directly to a manager. Extreme bullying. Sometimes physical. The manager turned a blind eye Favouritism when it came to scheduling and assigning side-work.There was no team atmosphere. There was constant back-stabbing and tattling.
Pros
Not open late
Cons
Too many to mention.
This is the place to work if you like making half.
Started off making less than half what similar positions in the Toronto, Ottawa, and other key markets earn. Pay raises were tied to 1% per year if approved. Made things tougher each year.

You can't tell the difference between the employees and managers that are genuinely skilled, trained and experienced and which ones are friends or relatives of ownership.

Company culture is largely a toxic mix of "just look busy" and "don't do anything unless approved". Every new employee and manager should be trained about what a double-bind is so that there are fewer nervous breakdowns by employees.

Managers, multiple male and female, that rub peoples backs, kiss their heads and otherwise engage in unprofessional conduct that is dismissed.

Friends and relatives of ownership, employed at various locations, are off limits for constructive criticism or reporting. HR works for the company only, not for employees. Don't mention when they call you racially insensitive names. Don't mention when they flip out and do not accept responsibility for their mistakes. Don't mention when they disappear for days. Don't mention the double standard for mental health days between managers and non-managers.
Pros
Free lunches for certain locations, benefits package, paid vacations
Cons
Management conflicts, below average pay packages, double standards
it’s not worth your time
Management is horrible, they don’t care about there staff at all. The owner sits at a table by Starbucks on his phone all day and does nothing. they don’t even try to get to know you.

the pay is extremely low considering their a billion dollar company. free meals only for food & beverage staff no one else.

parking garage is a liability itself.

The hours of operation are so stupid. Poor Starbucks has to stay open till 2 am on a Monday? It’s also infested with cockroaches.

The retail store is so overpriced, people just look at you stupidly when you tell them a bag of chips is 6 bucks.

Don’t waste your time there are far better jobs with better rewards, acknowledgment & more out there
Pros
free coffee in the break room?
It was a good experience as a high school student
Working at this place was good in terms that you got to interact with a lot of people and be able to work in a fast paced environment. You gain a lot of experience and skills through working and the people there are fun to work with.
great place to work, plenty of room for advancement
Upper management is good, high energy, constantly challenging goals to meet. Job and Personal life balance is non-existent, you are on call 24/7, which is great if you do not have a family or children. You need to treat your outlet as if it is your own business in a resort setting.
good benefits / salary
Management is not cooperative and is withdrawn for the employees.
Very little interaction between hotel GM and Revenue Clerks which is what I think should be a priority
Fun to work however hours suck
I was hired on as full time at the hotel, the only thing that is full time are my days off. It's a fun part time job and would be a good, enjoyable job if full time meant full time.
Pros
Really good to staff
Cons
full time only means full time when they need you
Fabulous people and terrific leadership. Transfer between departments as well as progression in an area is possible. Lavish Christmas dinners by excellent chefs. Individual birthday recognition. Years of service recognition. Great HR/Payroll team.
Pros
Easy access to any nearby restaurants, employee potluck lunches, internal transfers between departments if desired.
Get to meet some interesting people everyday
Everyday was a new learning experience weather it was to so with the job itself or interaction with Guests. I can Honestly say I have learned a lot again with either the job itself and all the different tasks to be done, as well as how to handle all the Guests needs.
Pros
A Free Lunch/and Employee of the month gift are always nice
Cons
Sometimes the Shifts themselves make it difficult to get some jobs done do to noise restrictions
Excellent Company
excellent company

Great benefits package and awesome staff and management company wide

CEO is very approachable

Company is expanding and provide great opportunities for growth
Great place to learn and grow
Great place to learn and grow
Have chance to be involved in different types of business in several levels.

Nice company to start your accounting career.
Pros
Lots of learning
Cons
low salary vs heavy workload
Great Co workers
Interacting and entertaining customers while serving food
Cooking and preparing pantry dishes

Working in a team environment
Pros
Great people
Cons
Productive and Fun place to work
Assisted potential guest with room packages . Co Workers were great, Management was great. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to experience what the guest would experience and hands on factors .
Very friendly but some what unproductive workplace.
I, personally, really enjoyed my experience with this company. I worked there from 2011 to 2013. I learned a lot about working with cash and money, and was first in line to become a supervisor before I left the workplace. Everyone on site was always friendly, but not exceptionally productive. I found that only certain people really "cared" to do their job correctly, while most others viewed it as a time to joke around and be unprofessional. Management was alright. A lot of issues that needed to be taken care of were not necessarily dealt with correctly during my time there. For example, the entire time I worked with the company, I worked with a broken sink. Broken promises followed, due to us being told every few months that it would be repaired. It was not. Even when I left. Maintenance was horrible. The workers in the building are supposed to do routine checkups of the workplaces as well as come when called to observe a problem. Only one staff member, of at least 5 would show up and answer to the calls of broken pipes/energy circuits being out/broken toilets and stairs etc. The cleanliness of the place could be rancid at times, due to uncooperativeness and laziness. Nights would go without floors being mopped, milkshake cups being put away, tables/spills being cleaned etc. However, I sound like I am nagging the company. It is a good place to work for, and there are tons of friendly faces. However, on a professional level and a mature level, I wouldn't rank this company exceptionally high.
Pros
Busy area, so easy for lunches and breaks, easy hours, friendly coworkers
Cons
Dirty surroundings, bad management
Fun and enjoyable work environment
-great for developing people skills
-fun fast environment
Pros
Great team work