Canadian Niagara Hotels

Canadian Niagara Hotels Employee Reviews

Direct supervisors very responsive to your needs. Upper management, not so. It's all about making MONEY for the company. If you do your work, you are fine. But if you slack off, there are issues.
Pros
Good supervisors
Cons
Lower than average salary
I was previously with the company from 2014 to 2016. I left for 5 years for a better opportunity and came back for an even better opportunity so that says it all. I am excited to be rejoining the team and ready to get going in my new role. Covid hit the whole industry hard which has created a lot of challenges but the company is strong and the people are great so we are all ready to ramp back up and be more successful than ever. In the meantime, the slow business brings morale down a bit which we will all have to keep working on. The people are friendly here and mgt and owners value the good people they have.
Pros
Free lunches and parking, great benefits
Cons
Industry was hit hard by Covid so morale is a bit low now
Worked here for 2 years, and at first i loved my job. After we went under new management everything went downhill. They were not understanding in the slightest, threatened to dock my pay if i wanted to reduce my hours, and refused my requested days off for medical appointments. Our policies and pricing were awful, resulting in customers constantly yelling at us and taking pictures and videos of us.
Pros
Cons
getting harassed, belittled, blamed for everything
Call in sick? It will affect your schedule. Did you put in extra work and show great team spirit? You will still be let go without notice. They do not follow labour laws and fire people who ask questions. Their head of HR, is also their lawyer. So don’t go to HR with labour law concerns because they will just fire you to protect themselves.
Pros
Stressful work environment
Cons
The people around you are working when they are sick because they can’t afford to miss a day of work
My experience at CNH was a great one and I have learned a great deal during my time with this company. The company values its employees and promotes a positive and engaging culture. There are so many opportunities for career growth within the company.My coworkers were unmatched; so hard-working and pleasant. They made my experience at CNH even that much better! My management team was one that empowered and motivated you; they ensured we all strived to be our best.I am so happy to say I was part of a fantastic team and a world-class, successful company!
Pros
Comprehensive benefits plan/career progression opportunities/leadership
Cons
More time and investment in training for computer software/programs
this is one of the best companies I ever worked.Everything there were based in customer saticfaction. Eventhough is is fast paced work enviornment and once you trained it is easy work.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
less hours available in winter
As a Switchboard Operator an 8 hour shift answering guest questions and referring callers to the appropriate departments. It's enjoyable interacting with the public from all over the world who wish to reserve a stay at our resort of hotels.
I love to work in the evening shifts. the staff members are so cool and very supportive. Always appreciate the other person and help others. The managers and the supervisors are so good in their work. They have a good experience and work ethics
Kitchen is dirty and has almost no properly working equipment, and management is terrible all they do is lie. they tell you they will give you advancement then leave you waiting. worst kitchen I ever worked.
Pros
buffet food
Cons
terrible management
Absolutely horrible management. They hired me for a role as a host. But after one week of hosting duties with no training. They put me on receiver and now i'm supposed to be a busser. I've been told one thing by one manager and then something completely different by another. I have one manager who constantly talks down to me and I've told another manager about him and he continues to do it. I wouldn't recommend this place to work for anyone. I believe that they will loose all of their current staff and go under.
Management only know pushing but never give solutions Not helping if employee had difficulties Super overload job, the Controller tried to save money. Not recomended at all. Very stressful environment. High turnover in finance department Not equal tasks. Very unprofessional working environment.
Pros
Benefit is okay not really good
Cons
Salary too low. far below market. No life balance
Started off making less than half what similar positions in the Toronto, Ottawa, and other key markets earn. Pay raises were tied to 1% per year if approved. Made things tougher each year. You can't tell the difference between the employees and managers that are genuinely skilled, trained and experienced and which ones are friends or relatives of ownership. Company culture is largely a toxic mix of "just look busy" and "don't do anything unless approved". Every new employee and manager should be trained about what a double-bind is so that there are fewer nervous breakdowns by employees. Managers, multiple male and female, that rub peoples backs, kiss their heads and otherwise engage in unprofessional conduct that is dismissed. Friends and relatives of ownership, employed at various locations, are off limits for constructive criticism or reporting. HR works for the company only, not for employees. Don't mention when they call you racially insensitive names. Don't mention when they flip out and do not accept responsibility for their mistakes. Don't mention when they disappear for days. Don't mention the double standard for mental health days between managers and non-managers.
Pros
Free lunches for certain locations, benefits package, paid vacations
Cons
Management conflicts, below average pay packages, double standards
Working at this place was good in terms that you got to interact with a lot of people and be able to work in a fast paced environment. You gain a lot of experience and skills through working and the people there are fun to work with.
Upper management is good, high energy, constantly challenging goals to meet. Job and Personal life balance is non-existent, you are on call 24/7, which is great if you do not have a family or children. You need to treat your outlet as if it is your own business in a resort setting.
Management is not cooperative and is withdrawn for the employees. Very little interaction between hotel GM and Revenue Clerks which is what I think should be a priority
I was hired on as full time at the hotel, the only thing that is full time are my days off. It's a fun part time job and would be a good, enjoyable job if full time meant full time.
Pros
Really good to staff
Cons
full time only means full time when they need you
Fabulous people and terrific leadership. Transfer between departments as well as progression in an area is possible. Lavish Christmas dinners by excellent chefs. Individual birthday recognition. Years of service recognition. Great HR/Payroll team.
Pros
Easy access to any nearby restaurants, employee potluck lunches, internal transfers between departments if desired.
Everyday was a new learning experience weather it was to so with the job itself or interaction with Guests. I can Honestly say I have learned a lot again with either the job itself and all the different tasks to be done, as well as how to handle all the Guests needs.
Pros
A Free Lunch/and Employee of the month gift are always nice
Cons
Sometimes the Shifts themselves make it difficult to get some jobs done do to noise restrictions
Great place to work excellent company Great benefits package and awesome staff and management company wide CEO is very approachable Company is expanding and provide great opportunities for growth
Great place to learn and grow Have chance to be involved in different types of business in several levels. Nice company to start your accounting career.
Pros
Lots of learning
Cons
low salary vs heavy workload
Interacting and entertaining customers while serving food Cooking and preparing pantry dishes Working in a team environment
Pros
Great people