Canadian Niagara Hotels Employee Reviews

it’s not worth your time
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Niagara, ON30 April 2019
Management is horrible, they don’t care about there staff at all. The owner sits at a table by Starbucks on his phone all day and does nothing. they don’t even try to get to know you.

the pay is extremely low considering their a billion dollar company. free meals only for food & beverage staff no one else.

parking garage is a liability itself.

The hours of operation are so stupid. Poor Starbucks has to stay open till 2 am on a Monday? It’s also infested with cockroaches.

The retail store is so overpriced, people just look at you stupidly when you tell them a bag of chips is 6 bucks.

Don’t waste your time there are far better jobs with better rewards, acknowledgment & more out there
Pros
free coffee in the break room?
great place to work, plenty of room for advancement
Manager (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON7 May 2018
Upper management is good, high energy, constantly challenging goals to meet. Job and Personal life balance is non-existent, you are on call 24/7, which is great if you do not have a family or children. You need to treat your outlet as if it is your own business in a resort setting.
good benefits / salary
Revenue Analyst (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON20 April 2018
Management is not cooperative and is withdrawn for the employees.
Very little interaction between hotel GM and Revenue Clerks which is what I think should be a priority
Fun to work however hours suck
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON23 May 2017
I was hired on as full time at the hotel, the only thing that is full time are my days off. It's a fun part time job and would be a good, enjoyable job if full time meant full time.
Pros
Really good to staff
Cons
full time only means full time when they need you
Corporate Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON28 April 2017
Fabulous people and terrific leadership. Transfer between departments as well as progression in an area is possible. Lavish Christmas dinners by excellent chefs. Individual birthday recognition. Years of service recognition. Great HR/Payroll team.
Pros
Easy access to any nearby restaurants, employee potluck lunches, internal transfers between departments if desired.
Get to meet some interesting people everyday
Hotel Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON1 February 2017
Everyday was a new learning experience weather it was to so with the job itself or interaction with Guests. I can Honestly say I have learned a lot again with either the job itself and all the different tasks to be done, as well as how to handle all the Guests needs.
Pros
A Free Lunch/and Employee of the month gift are always nice
Cons
Sometimes the Shifts themselves make it difficult to get some jobs done do to noise restrictions
Excellent Company
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON9 August 2016
excellent company
Great benefits package and awesome staff and management company wide
CEO is very approachable
Company is expanding and provide great opportunities for growth
Great place to learn and grow
Corporate Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON2 December 2015
Great place to learn and grow
Have chance to be involved in different types of business in several levels.
Nice company to start your accounting career.
Pros
Lots of learning
Cons
low salary vs heavy workload
Great Co workers
Fourth Cook (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON22 May 2015
Interacting and entertaining customers while serving food
Cooking and preparing pantry dishes
Working in a team environment
Pros
Great people
Cons
Productive and Fun place to work
Reservations agent (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON26 November 2014
Assisted potential guest with room packages . Co Workers were great, Management was great. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to experience what the guest would experience and hands on factors .
Very friendly but some what unproductive workplace.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON2 March 2014
I, personally, really enjoyed my experience with this company. I worked there from 2011 to 2013. I learned a lot about working with cash and money, and was first in line to become a supervisor before I left the workplace. Everyone on site was always friendly, but not exceptionally productive. I found that only certain people really "cared" to do their job correctly, while most others viewed it as a time to joke around and be unprofessional. Management was alright. A lot of issues that needed to be taken care of were not necessarily dealt with correctly during my time there. For example, the entire time I worked with the company, I worked with a broken sink. Broken promises followed, due to us being told every few months that it would be repaired. It was not. Even when I left. Maintenance was horrible. The workers in the building are supposed to do routine checkups of the workplaces as well as come when called to observe a problem. Only one staff member, of at least 5 would show up and answer to the calls of broken pipes/energy circuits being out/broken toilets and stairs etc. The cleanliness of the place could be rancid at times, due to uncooperativeness and laziness. Nights would go without floors being mopped, milkshake cups being put away, tables/spills being cleaned etc. However, I sound like I am nagging the company. It is a good place to work for, and there are tons of friendly faces. However, on a professional level and a mature level, I wouldn't rank this company exceptionally high.
Pros
Busy area, so easy for lunches and breaks, easy hours, friendly coworkers
Cons
Dirty surroundings, bad management
Fun and enjoyable work environment
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON2 December 2013
-great for developing people skills
-fun fast environment
Pros
Great team work
Interesting and diverse...
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fallsview27 June 2013
Tourism offers a wide variety of cultures and people of different upbringing. Everyday we would assist and ensure the safety of tourists while keeping the 'sharks' at bay.
Some people will do anything for a dollar.
Management was caring and provided support.
Co-workers were young yet very well motivated.
Hardest part of the job is not catching a particular thief or criminal.
Most enjoyable part of the day, a day when nobody was injured, no thefts or assaults and the sun was shining.
Relaxing and stimulating outdoor surroundings!
Public Relations (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON1 November 2012
A day at work, was always like a meet and greet occasion. I learned about diverse cultures, both from guests/visitors and co-workers alike. I also became more aware of how useful my interpersonal skills had became and how they had gradually had become more acute over time. Typically there was not much not to like about working in hospitality, everyday was something new! it was only during the off season that made the job unbearable, it became boring with the lack of visitors/guests. For me, I require a more stimulating work environment.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
low compensation
productive workplace and fun employees
Staff Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON17 April 2012
Good company seasonal busy, supervisor for over 90 staff membe.
Fun environment.
Pros
meet all different people