Canadian Natural Employee Review

View all Canadian Natural reviews

I would give it 0 stars if I could
Safety Advisor Coker Rebuild (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB12 December 2013
Where to begin.

They have no safety culture. They hire inexperienced safety people with no experience in the oil sands or construction and they are bullied and ignored by management that couldn't care less about safety. Their philosophy is get it done as quickly and as cheaply as you can. Safety should be seen and not heard. Incidents are covered up or blame shifted to the workers instead of management who creates the problems to begin with.

Crane topples, major shutdown due to explosion and fire, and at least 3 people dead and at least 53 charges from OH&S. Their record speaks for itself and it's the worst in the Alberta oil sands.

The camp is horrible. Food is worse than the worst high school cafeteria you've ever eaten at. Rooms smell like urine. They bring in unqualified migrant and foreign workers who are cheap, easily exploited and sent packing if they complain about the abuse.

Avoid at all costs...
Pros
Great place to work if you don't care about your own personal safety
Cons
Everything.

Other Canadian Natural Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Field Operator (Former Employee) –  Elk Point, AB7 May 2018
not much job security. excellent place to work. enjoyed the people and management. gained lots of knowledge. how ever too many lay offs and no room for transfers.
Very good company
MAIL CLERK (Former Employee) –  Alberta4 May 2018
Very good company to work for. I would have loved to stay there for eve and build my career there. I shall be back! Great employees and work hours. Thank you

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Natural. Our community is ready to answer.