Canadian Natural Employee Review

View all Canadian Natural reviews

A great place to work.
Warehouse Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB3 March 2014
The best oil and gas company that I worked so far. I work at the warehouse issue counter during my day shift 7/7 and work in recieving area on my night shifts. I learned a lot working as a warehouse technician under materials management/supply management. I love my co-workers. The hardest part of my job is being there for too long. I spent 7 years with CNRL, I am looking for a new company to work with. The most enjoyable part of my job is during Christmas time and just working with nice people and a great team.
Pros
Fifo, camp, free food
Cons
cold.

Other Canadian Natural Employee Reviews

Nothing more than drudgery
Welder (Current Employee) –  AB14 April 2018
Management has no respect for people getting the work done.You have an employee number and that’s exactly what you’re treated like. A number, nothing more.

No home life/work balance. You’re expected to hide in a bubble on days off so you’re ready to give them a full 110 percent the next week.

Poorly organized. Management is quick to enforce rules they seemingly make up on the fly.

Only thing I’ve seen this company care about is how many barrels of oil they can produce in a day. Zero concern for assets or employees. Run it all into the round at all costs.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Disgusting managerial style, no pension to speak of, poor benefits.
Average work place
Welder and Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB8 April 2018
Overall it's a good place to work. CNRL is more business driven and it shows in how they manage their people.. They are not afraid to make cuts.

The major downside to this company is there is no company pension. You are invested entirely into their stocks for retirement... Stocks of an oil and gas company in a world that is advancing towards greener technology every year.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
No company pension

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Natural. Our community is ready to answer.