Canadian Natural

Canadian Natural Employee Reviews for Equipment Operator

Equipment Operator10 reviews
Canada10 reviews
Very productive place to work. Great people and a good work culture. Camps are very clean and rooms are very big with your own shower and bathroom. good company to work for overall.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Short Breaks, Terrible lunches
workplace is good long hours very high pace work keeps you on your toes big equipment and lots of people around open pit mining
people are nice to working
good
good
I always looked forward to going to work, the management team was easy to get along with and you always felt like you were appreciated for your hard work and efforts. Overall it was a great place to work in my opinion !
Good place to work, salaries are fair at some locations but vary, promotions and career advancements are limited, camp accommodations provided are very nice.
Pros
camp accommodations
Cons
early travel to site
I would work a 12 hour shift and it always felt like a 6 hour shift because I enjoyed the work. I got to know how to work around the large equipment and still maintain an excellent safety record. The people I worked with were very professional and management were excellent and had the operators best interest at heart while getting the daily projects completed. The hardest part of the job was when your equipment was down but I thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of being there. I operated a D11, a 24H and a 797 hauler among other pieces and it was all a great experience.
Pros
Operating equipment
Cons
bad weather
I operated a cable or hydraulic shovel loading oil sand onto 400 ton haul trucks.
We worked a 12 hour shift, alternating one week days and one week nights. Working night shift was the hardest part of the job, by the end of the week you were really tired, but we were very well paid to do it.

My co-workers were the best, and I enjoyed the team work.
Pros
good pay, good camp, good team
Cons
night shift, long commute from saskatoon to edmonton to catch flight to
This was a great place to work. Had a lot of fun and made some good friends
Long Hours and long commute to and from work. Putting production before safety was an issue I could not overlook or be submissive to, as their track record will speak for itself.
Pros
Stock options
Cons
Not enough rest period between shifts
9 month probation is a downer that ive never heard of before, ok co-workers
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
long probation
Management disconnected from employees. Run like a bad coal mine. Long hours spent in a hot haul truck. employee moral not promoted at work site.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Canadian Natural?