Canadian Natural

Canadian Natural Employee Reviews for Accounts Payable Clerk

Accounts Payable Clerk5 reviews
Canada5 reviews
I was hired when CNRL had about 250 staff and left over sixteen years later to retire when my Husband retired. I loved working for this company and felt that my contributions meant something to the corporate goal. I felt that I could approach any one of the executive team and they would make time for me. Payables meant that you connect with a broad group of upper management when payments are being processed. When I left I believe there were around 4000 staff. This growth meant that things were evolving consistently and I grew and learned at the same time by getting involved in many of the new processes and system upgrades. I truly enjoyed going to work at CNRL and felt challenged on a regular basis.
Pros
Very supportive management team.
Cons
Rather than lay people off, CNRL was never known for over staffing.
CNRL has always been the forefront of innovative technology. A sound management group has seen it survive and thrive through this recent and long lasting recession.
Great company to work for, management is awesome, kind and productive. Excellent benifits and salary. Originized and friendly work place. Always work to do to great work flow.
When I started working for them it was okay. After about a year their true colours showed. Especially when oil dropped and they started dropping people left right and center but the big boys never took a wage cut. Greedy, Greedy, big company.
Was able to advance to other areas within the office environment to attain various experience and responsibilities. Enjoyed working with everyone I worked with and the experience I attained.
Pros
Advancement, salary and benefits
Cons
No advancement to management positions within Administration
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Canadian Natural?