Canadian Natural

Canadian Natural Employee Reviews in Grande Prairie, AB

Grande Prairie, AB6 reviews
CNRL runs lean and mean, not great for the family life but this changes from area to area depending on the leadership in that area.
Employees are treated well and are happy with benefits provided by CNRL.
I have been employed at Canadian Natural Resources Ltd for the past 9 years and have worked with the engineering and area coordinators in upgrading older properties that have been acquired through company purchases. Fixing existing plants, well sites and compressor stations. Installing new technology such as flow splitting, condensate pump skids, bigger separation to accept more wells. repairing older pipe line due to corrosion or wear from formation sand. Upgrading older disposal and reinjection batteries. Implementing CNRL work procedures and work practices for a safer work atmosphere. Communicating and helping workers on site to ensure proper and safer completion of tasks. Enjoy fixing problems with daily operations of gas plants, compressors and well sites.
Pros
Work close to home
Cons
people in the field were great , actual job was good but this company has been headed in the wrong direction for a number of years now , the upper managment in calgary are so far out of touch and the wage is at the bottom for this field of work
Pros
8 on and 6 off sched
Cons
under staffing to save costs
My career capped out without any chance of advancement. Learned all I know here. Very appreciative for opportunities provided.

Just want to move over to operations.
Busy company. Lots going on.

Learned a lot about environmental regulations with AER.

Learned lots about maintaining and repairing pipeline integrity.

Overall it was a very good experience working with Canadian Natural.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Low end rates
Great summer student job- opportunity to learn about all aspects of relief operating in sour/sweet, hi/low gas field and plant. Mentoring and management was excellent, provided feedback and guidance when required. Camaraderie was excellent and all team players provided me the opportunity to learn and expand/increase my knowledge and skills.
Pros
Excellent opportunity to expand skillset and knowledge of oil/gas operations
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Canadian Natural?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Natural. Our community is ready to answer.