Canadian Natural

Canadian Natural Employee Reviews in Fort McMurray, AB

Fort McMurray, AB111 reviews
Working at CNRL was pleasant enough, and there were opportunities to learn. I became much more knowledgeable in my field. They promote a culture of "with great responsibility comes great accountability". The hardest part of the job was the politics, the most enjoyable was overcoming problems and challenges via team-work.
Pros
4x3 work week, opportunities to learn and grow.
Cons
Politics, long commute
I had friendly work team and a nice supervisor. I did good quality work and my supervisor were very satisfied. I live in a nice camp and I got nice food. I had a good exercise jam. And I really love this place.
The safety culture is one of the best you’ll see in the area, if you don’t feel safe don’t do the job. In this case your approach to lead hand and explain your situation there are times where you’ll be given the OK to deviate from the safety procedure for instants if circumstances to the job change. And your coworkers are are always eager to help in all circumstances. In short it was a great experience.
Nice place to work and team is well supporting. Good team lead and good camp. FLy in out is the best one in CNRL. Othersite we have to drive to work if we are from edmonton
workplace is good long hours very high pace work keeps you on your toes big equipment and lots of people around open pit mining
people are nice to working
good
good
Slow days, spent many hours waiting for tickets to come in, barely any training, dirty work environment, coworkers weren't very helpful. learning was not part of the culture
Pros
forced to save money because you're in camp
Cons
fly in fly out
Good work/home life balance, good job security considering recent years market turmoil.
Relatively new facility makes for enjoyable work life. Convenient schedule for travel.
Their compensation packages can be very lucrative if hired in the right moment, Constant pressure & some system interfaces tough to deal with. You will always face urgent requests and emergency work and pressure
Overall it is great if you put 6 years in fort mcmurray and have the ability to solve problems and work under pressure.

3.5/5
I always looked forward to going to work, the management team was easy to get along with and you always felt like you were appreciated for your hard work and efforts. Overall it was a great place to work in my opinion !
I enjoyed my working time and I learned a lot. The Company provided incentives and motivation for safety, production and accuracy achievements. I recommend this Company
not a lot of work. work was very easy and boring. not fast paced. a lot of slackers and people who don't know what they are doing as co workers. my feet hurt there
Excellent working culture. No bosses. No Racism. Excellent benefits.Team Work. Health Plan"Strive". Long term job prospects. No termination of employees(exception for bad reoprts) Felixable vacation plans.
Only issue I had at CNRL Horizon was that I was very experienced for the position I held and due to this, my supervision did not want to progress my career there as it may have interfered with their career, thus I resigned and moved elsewhere.
It seems like this company cares more about buying assets than taking care of the workers they currently employ.
The morale was getting bad and people were wanting to work somewhere else.
Canadian natural is such a great place to start a career, if you ever have to start working at this place you will notice right away this is the right place
Pros
Sports
Cons
Worked at CNRL FOR 7+ years. It's a very progressive company and thoroughly enjoyed my time there. Plenty of room for advancement, excellent wages and benefits and a great place to build a longtime career if you do not mind shiftwork.
Pros
Wages and benefits
Cons
Half my time away from my family.
CNRL takes our safety to the highest level and focus on integrate this way of thinking into everybody mind .
Once you started to work at this place, you see things differently
Pros
free luch
This company does not care about their people. They are the lowest cost producer in the region if you believe their statts??? IF!! The top echelon of the company are doing good things. The Middle management needs to be realigned to become more compassionate.
Positive work environment. Everybody was dedicated to work . Follow company standard and codes and more concern about safety.
Top management always take care about safety before any critical works. .
I don't want to write anything about this company.
without warning-they devastate a persons life by banning them from two sites. their Hr department is rude, unprofessional, and demeaning. but they can do what they want apparently. ignorant security, management and staff.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Natural. Our community is ready to answer.