Canadian Natural

Canadian Natural Employee Reviews in Fort Mackay, AB

Fort Mackay, AB14 reviews
The 7 and 7 shift they provide is good for home and work life. you learn a lot working the maintenance department. The hardest part of the job is braving the cold.
I find this company very organized. They are good to there employees. The camp life is comfortable. The work schedule is very good and easy to follow. The company as a hole looks after there employees.
The atmsphere do at times seems tense because of the dead lines,
it's never too radical as to not to do things right following standards and procedures,focusing on safety and eficiency .
Pros
process driven
Cons
short duration of the job
Checking if inventory was up-to-date and correcting any discrepancies found for any materials and then finding a solution for it. Co-workers are friendly and willing to help with any questions or needs. Hardest part of the job is doing the same things over and over for a long period of time in the day. Sometimes this means working inside a warehouse on a 30 degree+ day with a coverall on and a hardhat and safety glasses that sweat your brains out. Overall a great experience but the pay is very low for a summer student.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Low pay for an oil company, no overtime, no paid travel time to and from work.
CNRL is a great place to work to learn more about the oil sands manufacturing industry. The people are very welcoming and eager to help inexperienced workers. Working in the field is a great opportunity to experience construction firsthand.
Pros
Great Salary and Great People
Cons
Long shifts in Camp
-always execute excellence
-always require 2:1 return on capital expenditure

-Lean SIX sigma is the tool widely used in the company

-Lowest oil producer among all oil sands companies
most days your workload changed from the previous with no explanation, there were many injuries from the harsh workload...and we never felt the company cared how we were ... it felt like...if one breaks we can get a new one tomorrow...
Very good managed work place, safety and work ethic were always top priority. Everybody maintained good working relationships with colleagues and contractors that were based on mutual respect.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Wasn't a bad place to work, wage was good and personally I liked the camps. What sucked was how management treated people, and you were truly just a number.
With better, smarter and more caring management this really would of been a good place to work. Even on my exit interview I don't really even think they cared; but then again no one even showed up for my hiring interview. go figure.

I do believe this was just the local management; as I have a better feeling about the Calgary management
Pros
none. what they wrote down is exactly what you got.
Cons
Read above and read the small print
Fantastic relationship with co-workers and supervision, progression,,,, not so much. After 8 years of working I am still stuck at an entry level vacation rate
Pros
People are great
Cons
Progression, 120 hours vacation yearly
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Canadian Natural?
- great supervisor

- flexible in travel time

- willing to add more responsibilities

- the most enjoyable part was working for a great supervisor
~hauled material to needed locations
~ hail gate in the mornings to be notified of any changes in the pit or medical issues

~ had to do a walk around equipment to make sure everything was in order if not we had to report it

~Good communication

~The crew was like family if you were unsure about anything you were able to ask
Great Culture, Great Values, Great environment. Nothing to say but good thinks. I have been working here for over 6 years and we have grow together.
Canadian Natural is an oil sands company that employs a large number of services. Working in the Horizon Oil Sands plant gave me the opportunity to experience the oil sands processing first hand and interact with engineers, planners, tradespeople and financial workers. Expectations at this organization are high, so it is always good to try your very best while working here. Great staff, and an excellent learning working environment.
Pros
good pay, decent camp living
Cons
remote location
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Natural. Our community is ready to answer.