Canadian Natural

Canadian Natural Employee Reviews

Good work/life balance depending on the team you work for.
Most departments work well together to get their job done.

CNRL is focused on their employees learning and developing their careers. They support movement within the company.
Working at CNQ is fast paced and although the company is well managed from senior management, certain divisions with female management is NOT performance based, but based on their personal feelings.
Management will do its best to force you to quit.
Pros
Being employeed
Cons
Pay, bullying, work life balance, covering cost of employment during the pandemic
Good conservative company that thrives in good and bad market conditions.

Work, life balance. understanding management and friday holidays in summer months.

Decent Stock options
Working at CNRL was pleasant enough, and there were opportunities to learn. I became much more knowledgeable in my field. They promote a culture of "with great responsibility comes great accountability". The hardest part of the job was the politics, the most enjoyable was overcoming problems and challenges via team-work.
Pros
4x3 work week, opportunities to learn and grow.
Cons
Politics, long commute
I had friendly work team and a nice supervisor. I did good quality work and my supervisor were very satisfied. I live in a nice camp and I got nice food. I had a good exercise jam. And I really love this place.
The safety culture is one of the best you’ll see in the area, if you don’t feel safe don’t do the job. In this case your approach to lead hand and explain your situation there are times where you’ll be given the OK to deviate from the safety procedure for instants if circumstances to the job change. And your coworkers are are always eager to help in all circumstances. In short it was a great experience.
Lots Of Learning Options And Information . Lots Of Hands On Work And Longer Days Than Normal. You Get To See A Wide Range Of Areas And Report Right To Calgary Operations
Nice place to work and team is well supporting. Good team lead and good camp. FLy in out is the best one in CNRL. Othersite we have to drive to work if we are from edmonton
Management's objective is to look out for themselves and throw employees under the bus to protect themselves. Horrible work culture, horrible Management support. You will learn to work under extreme pressure which is a useful skill for your next job.
workplace is good long hours very high pace work keeps you on your toes big equipment and lots of people around open pit mining
people are nice to working
good
good
working with the crew was great. learned new skills seen new equipment. cnrl always paid for any courses or upgrading i needed. if my safety tickets expired they would send you to get them and pay for it.
Trend your wells, plan your day, get service providers if you need them. get out there and get your production back. do your job safely as possible by yourself. put in a good effort and try to set up your crosshift for success.
The company has lost respect for its contract work force over the past few years. They use and abuse contract workers because they can! They do not honor or follow their contractual obligations.
A good place to work. Careers advancement probably not there but your job is secured. Good compensation with shares and match-up saving plan.
A good place for fresh graduates.
I covered a large area with exposer to oil and gas production and maintenance. I had great people around me and help anytime! The wage reflecting overtime was nice.
Pros
Great peoplw
Cons
Oil prices
Learning experience ,busy , Professional , some internal politics with management decision making but it worked out at meetings. Lots of meeting about the next meeting.
Pros
In house training
Cons
Lots of reporting on work activity, took away from getting work done
very cash orientated markets effect job security daily, kept most employees buys through a 6 year down turn in oil and gas, with effective cost saving
Slow days, spent many hours waiting for tickets to come in, barely any training, dirty work environment, coworkers weren't very helpful. learning was not part of the culture
Pros
forced to save money because you're in camp
Cons
fly in fly out
Good work/home life balance, good job security considering recent years market turmoil.
Relatively new facility makes for enjoyable work life. Convenient schedule for travel.
Fast paced environment with a vast range of varied projects to gain experience from. Large to small projects ranging from oil to gas. Usually steady work compared to other peer companies.
The work environment is a bit tense. There is a strict distinction between contractors and staff personnel, not only in admin and HR related items, but also in the actual work. You may not be in the loop for some of the discussions that are related to your work! Of course this was my experience and it may not be true for all groups.