Canadian Natural
Canadian Natural Employee Review

Greedy big company

9 March 2016
When I started working for them it was okay. After about a year their true colours showed. Especially when oil dropped and they started dropping people left right and center but the big boys never took a wage cut. Greedy, Greedy, big company.
15 January 2020
Same role
Supervisor, Accounts Payable (Former Employee) - Calgary, AB
I was hired when CNRL had about 250 staff and left over sixteen years later to retire when my Husband retired. I loved working for this company and felt that my contributions meant something to the corporate goal. I felt that I could approach any one of the executive team and they would make time for me. Payables meant that you connect with a broad group of upper management when payments are being processed. When I left I believe there were around 4000 staff. This growth meant that things were evolving consistently and I grew and learned at the same time by getting involved in many of the new processes and system upgrades. I truly enjoyed going to work at CNRL and felt challenged on a regular basis.
Pros
Very supportive management team.
Cons
Rather than lay people off, CNRL was never known for over staffing.
22 May 2019
Same role
Accounts Payable Administrator (Former Employee) - Calgary, AB
CNRL has always been the forefront of innovative technology. A sound management group has seen it survive and thrive through this recent and long lasting recession.
10 March 2020
Same location
Construction Manager (Current Employee) - Lloydminster, AB
Fast paced environment with a vast range of varied projects to gain experience from. Large to small projects ranging from oil to gas. Usually steady work compared to other peer companies.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Natural. Our community is ready to answer.