Canadian Natural

Canadian Natural Employee Reviews

The pay here is great and the 7x7 shift works very well for the family but the job can be very frustrating due to a lack of resources required to complete tasks efficiently. (Tools, parts etc)
Pros
Great pay and great shift
Cons
Frustrating work environment
I worked for several years at CNRL. The work load is extremely heavy, with very little support or appreciation of the employees.My experience is that the Commercial Operations is a toxic environment due to the management. Quite often walking on egg shells with no consistency in processes.Any added extras in the compensation package are "taxable benefits", there are no pluses to working here other than being employed.
Pros
Working in a downtown office with vibrant surroundings in the
Cons
Management, Work load and life balance, compensation
CNRL is really a fantastic company to work for, but it solely depends on which department you are in. Document Control is a department to closely mimics Junior High School! Management and their so-called "document control Leads" are buddy-buddy and will belittle anyone who speaks up. I felt bullied nearly every day and often went to work with shivers up my back. I lost many tears being backstabbed by these fake and high-on-themselves "Leads". If someone said anything, it was often misconstrued and spun around. Not sure why, but with the exception of Managers and the so-called Leads, most of the employees in this department are Spanish and Filipino with poor language skills.
Pros
Compensation, High Paced Work, Lots of Work
Cons
Management, Atmosphere, Harassment, Bullying, Forced Fun Activities
Safety focus is the last thing on this company's mind! There is more effort and energy put into covering up incidents rather than investigating for root cause to initiate actions to mitigate incident recurrence. It's only a matter of time when the numerous minor/serious incidents result in this site (Horizon) having more fatalities to add to it's record. CNRL is utilizing the current COVID crisis as a means to force service providers to provide them with rates that makes it impossible to attract and retain a quality workforce with little to no profit margin for the contractor service provider. The department head consistently misleads contractor service providers with false praise and dangling increased scope with no intention in following through. There are some contractor service providers that are provided increased scope based on the value of gifts they provide to individuals. The management style of CNRL is one of the "old boys club" if your in you will get recognition and if not your efforts don't reap any of the benefits of the club.
Working at CNQ is fast paced and although the company is well managed from senior management, certain divisions with female management is NOT performance based, but based on their personal feelings. Management will do its best to force you to quit.
Pros
Being employeed
Cons
Pay, bullying, work life balance, covering cost of employment during the pandemic
Good conservative company that thrives in good and bad market conditions. Work, life balance. understanding management and friday holidays in summer months. Decent Stock options
Working at CNRL was pleasant enough, and there were opportunities to learn. I became much more knowledgeable in my field. They promote a culture of "with great responsibility comes great accountability". The hardest part of the job was the politics, the most enjoyable was overcoming problems and challenges via team-work.
Pros
4x3 work week, opportunities to learn and grow.
Cons
Politics, long commute
I had friendly work team and a nice supervisor. I did good quality work and my supervisor were very satisfied. I live in a nice camp and I got nice food. I had a good exercise jam. And I really love this place.
The safety culture is one of the best you’ll see in the area, if you don’t feel safe don’t do the job. In this case your approach to lead hand and explain your situation there are times where you’ll be given the OK to deviate from the safety procedure for instants if circumstances to the job change. And your coworkers are are always eager to help in all circumstances. In short it was a great experience.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Canadian Natural?
Lots Of Learning Options And Information . Lots Of Hands On Work And Longer Days Than Normal. You Get To See A Wide Range Of Areas And Report Right To Calgary Operations
Nice place to work and team is well supporting. Good team lead and good camp. FLy in out is the best one in CNRL. Othersite we have to drive to work if we are from edmonton
Management's objective is to look out for themselves and throw employees under the bus to protect themselves. Horrible work culture, horrible Management support. You will learn to work under extreme pressure which is a useful skill for your next job.
workplace is good long hours very high pace work keeps you on your toes big equipment and lots of people around open pit mining people are nice to working
good
good
working with the crew was great. learned new skills seen new equipment. cnrl always paid for any courses or upgrading i needed. if my safety tickets expired they would send you to get them and pay for it.
Trend your wells, plan your day, get service providers if you need them. get out there and get your production back. do your job safely as possible by yourself. put in a good effort and try to set up your crosshift for success.
The company has lost respect for its contract work force over the past few years. They use and abuse contract workers because they can! They do not honor or follow their contractual obligations.
A good place to work. Careers advancement probably not there but your job is secured. Good compensation with shares and match-up saving plan. A good place for fresh graduates.
I covered a large area with exposer to oil and gas production and maintenance. I had great people around me and help anytime! The wage reflecting overtime was nice.
Pros
Great peoplw
Cons
Oil prices
Learning experience ,busy , Professional , some internal politics with management decision making but it worked out at meetings. Lots of meeting about the next meeting.
Pros
In house training
Cons
Lots of reporting on work activity, took away from getting work done
very cash orientated markets effect job security daily, kept most employees buys through a 6 year down turn in oil and gas, with effective cost saving
Slow days, spent many hours waiting for tickets to come in, barely any training, dirty work environment, coworkers weren't very helpful. learning was not part of the culture
Pros
forced to save money because you're in camp
Cons
fly in fly out
  1. Employee reviews