Canadian Natural

Canadian Natural Employee Reviews

Canada314 reviews
Work culture and flyin out program is the best
Nice place to work and team is well supporting. Good team lead and good camp. FLy in out is the best one in CNRL. Othersite we have to drive to work if we are from edmonton
Horrible Management
Management's objective is to look out for themselves and throw employees under the bus to protect themselves. Horrible work culture, horrible Management support. You will learn to work under extreme pressure which is a useful skill for your next job.
fun hard
workplace is good long hours very high pace work keeps you on your toes big equipment and lots of people around open pit mining
people are nice to working
good
good
overall a good experience
working with the crew was great. learned new skills seen new equipment. cnrl always paid for any courses or upgrading i needed. if my safety tickets expired they would send you to get them and pay for it.
Fast pace, productive workplace with great people.
Trend your wells, plan your day, get service providers if you need them. get out there and get your production back. do your job safely as possible by yourself. put in a good effort and try to set up your crosshift for success.
Contract Employees treated little better than dirt!
The company has lost respect for its contract work force over the past few years. They use and abuse contract workers because they can! They do not honor or follow their contractual obligations.
A good place to work. Careers advancement probably not there but your job is secured. Good compensation with shares and match-up saving plan.
A good place for fresh graduates.
Fast pace and great people
I covered a large area with exposer to oil and gas production and maintenance. I had great people around me and help anytime! The wage reflecting overtime was nice.
Pros
Great peoplw
Cons
Oil prices
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Canadian Natural?
Professional and great people to deal with
Learning experience ,busy , Professional , some internal politics with management decision making but it worked out at meetings. Lots of meeting about the next meeting.
Pros
In house training
Cons
Lots of reporting on work activity, took away from getting work done
busy
very cash orientated markets effect job security daily, kept most employees buys through a 6 year down turn in oil and gas, with effective cost saving
Slow
Slow days, spent many hours waiting for tickets to come in, barely any training, dirty work environment, coworkers weren't very helpful. learning was not part of the culture
Pros
forced to save money because you're in camp
Cons
fly in fly out
Excellent job security
Good work/home life balance, good job security considering recent years market turmoil.
Relatively new facility makes for enjoyable work life. Convenient schedule for travel.
Good Canadian owned co
Fast paced environment with a vast range of varied projects to gain experience from. Large to small projects ranging from oil to gas. Usually steady work compared to other peer companies.
Ordinary engineering office
The work environment is a bit tense. There is a strict distinction between contractors and staff personnel, not only in admin and HR related items, but also in the actual work. You may not be in the loop for some of the discussions that are related to your work! Of course this was my experience and it may not be true for all groups.
Difficult enviroment
CNRL has no career development for engineers. Is mostly focus in operation and maintenance. Engineering is seeing as a second grade profession. No to good for senors engineers.
Ran By Immigrants
Us Canadians are pushed out of jobs so the foreign Mofia can take our jobs.Foreigners ALL have fake engineering degrees. I have worked with these engineers and they are NOT qualified.
Cons
Poor Outside management
High Pressure Rewarded Financially
Their compensation packages can be very lucrative if hired in the right moment, Constant pressure & some system interfaces tough to deal with. You will always face urgent requests and emergency work and pressure
Overall it is great if you put 6 years in fort mcmurray and have the ability to solve problems and work under pressure.

3.5/5
professional and practical
very practical approach while operating the plant, dealing with employee and decision making. Specs and standards of the organization still under development state that sometime create complexity for resolution.
Very progressive and aggressive style for speedy ROI.
Effective and highly competitive company to work for.
Great experience.
High responsibility and expectations.

Long hours at times.

As Exploit, you have big fields (or areas) of responsibility. Which can be demanding and stressful to keep on top of.
Management needs further training in the department I worked. There was no people skills and they made my work experience miserable.
Be prepared for a fast paced aggressive work place. Don’t look for positive feedback it simply doesn’t exist here. I found it to be cold and impersonal. Salary, savings, benefits and stock plans are equivalent to industry standards
Can be a good place to work at
For some time I did enjoy the work but now there is no chance for advancement and no training available. I am always busy assisting people and doing many projects around the office
The hardest part of the job is to see others get training and moving on in their positions

Most enjoyable - the people I greeted
Pros
Friday off in the summer
Cons
The friction in the office
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Natural. Our community is ready to answer.