Canadian National Railway Employee Review

View all Canadian National Railway reviews

Review for CN RAil
Accounts Receivable Representative/Rate Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 August 2013
CN Rail was a fantastic company to work for. I started as a data entry clerk and through in house training moved into Accounts Receiveable and then a Rate clerk. Both challenging positions but rewarding as well. I like to learn and this company offered me that challenge. Co-workers and management were great and offered great opportunities for advancement if you were willing to learn and step up to to the challenge. One of the most enjoyable parts was the salary without a doubt. Still to this day it was the best paying job I had in my working career!

Other Canadian National Railway Employee Reviews

Your whole life will become the railway
Conductor (Former Employee) –  British Columbia18 April 2018
Great company to work for as far as benefits and money goes. However you need to be aware you are signing your life away. On call makes it impossible to live any sort of life outside of work. Insane hours. constantly on the road. Constantly getting moved from city to city without a choice. There is a reason why CN has one of the highest divorce rates out of any company in North America. You are barely ever home. And when you are, you are constantly fretting about getting that call to go back. Overall would not recommend to anyone who wants to enjoy their life away from a train.
Pros
Money
Cons
Never home
Nice to work here
SAP Development Manager (Current Employee) –  MontrĂ©al, QC18 April 2018
Great company to work with.

Hardworking
custom focused

They have a great vision about the future of the company.
Working in a past paced Agile environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian National Railway. Our community is ready to answer.