Canadian National Exhibition Employee Reviews

Working at CNE
Cashier - Maggie's (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 April 2018
I made a lot of new friends at CNE and are still friends with them. Great workers and fun games to play. Handled scanning tickets and cooked Hot Dogs. The hardest part of the job was when customers asked me questions and did not know the answers to them.
It was a lot of fun and the work itself was fairly enjoyable.
Express Train/Stop Conductor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 April 2018
The work was fun and interesting, and the co-workers were always a great help. Responsibilities were never over-demanding and the work environment was always well maintained.
Collaborative and active workplace
Cleaning Department Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 March 2018
The typical day involved leading others and quite a bit of traveling on foot. Learned a lot about communicating with others and assisting others whenever I can. Most of the management was strict but sociable.
Pros
Entrance to the exhibition on days off
Exciting but stressful environment
Concession Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 March 2018
The CNE is full of excitement and new experiences. For the two weeks, millions of people from different parts of the city come to see the attractions and especially to eat the food. As a concession stand worker, I encountered so many different people and that was one of the most enjoyable parts of the job. The hardest part of the job was maintaining stock as our cooking equipment was not large enough to provide for the amount of customers we were getting. This meant we were selling much faster than the food could cook. A typical day at work consisted of long hours of moving around, roasting corn, cutting lemons, cleaning the stations, making change and serving hundreds of customers a day. There was never a time in the day where business was slow. If anything, as the day went on, the longer the line got. The management was great. They made sure everyone was doing their jobs and they always gave us encouragement. I learned several things from working at the CNE. I learned how important having patience is when it comes to customer service and how having a positive attitude can get you through the longest and roughest days.
Great summer job
Kid's World Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 March 2018
Easy job to start working at with a good introduction to working with the public on a large scale. Solid supervisors that are willing to go out of their way to help. Overall fun experience.
great
Canadian National exhibition (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 February 2018
I enjoyed it very much. I earned a lot about customer service, how to act under pressure, and how to make the best out of new circumstances. Great experience
its good for seasonal work
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 February 2018
this is a good job if your just trying to look for some extra experience or cash you gain knowledge on cleaning which is always something good to have on your resume 0
they had a good co-worker and even better management
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  210 Princes' Blvd, Toronto, ON M6K 3C39 February 2018
i was give in a lot of hour to work. break where no give out much. sadly it was always busy so never had nothing to do. their was no hard thing in this job if you have been in a kitchen. i have nothing of good thought of the cne
Fun place to work at!
Ride Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 February 2018
Met lots of people, some of the coworkers can be rude at times even when your not at fault in the first place.Good pay though.Employees get discounts
Pros
discounts, good pay
Cons
long hours, seasonal
If you made friends with the workers that monitor the rides, you can get on for free
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  Housekeeping Attendant25 January 2018
Grounds are very big so when its lunch you have to walk all the way to the food building and by the time you buy your food your 30 minute lunch break is over.
Cons
Short Breaks and Long Hours
Alright position
Housekeeper/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 January 2018
Working there is alright but probably never again. The hours were okay (10:30am-4pm) but I was paid the student minimum wage (at that time $10.50), so I wasn't making much money as I needed to. It is a great place to start off with (as your first job and such), but if you're like me who's worked before, then not the best place.
Extremely fun!
Pita pit employee (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 January 2018
I loved working here, my time working in the food-building was amazing! My coworkers were the best and everybody was great! Highly Recommend this job to anyone who wants a easy-going well paid job!
Fun temporary workplace
Food Handler (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2018
manage food stands
built teamwork skills
gained food handler experience and skills
made sure all appliances were sterilized
in charge of making popsicles
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Relatively Easy work if only repetative
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 December 2017
Depending on the shift, the regular work day is reliant on the needs of the show, either pre-, during, or post cleaning. Management is good, the foremen are relatable, and the work culture is overall relaxed, but boring.
nice environment
Gate Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 November 2017
this was a great summer job experience. fun place to be and great people to work with. i made a lot of friends at my time working with the CNE. great memories there.
Daily Interactions with people.
Concessions Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 October 2017
I worked many 12 our shifts, each day i communicated with many people from different places. I worked with 3 or 4 others at my stand. We got 2 breaks whenever we wanted. Hardest part was making sure no one was cheating at the gambling table. I enjoyed speaking with costumers and meeting new people.
Pros
2 breaks
Cons
Bad Weather
Not fun
Concession Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 October 2017
Worked concessions. It was horrible, everyone working there didn't like their job and seemed disappointed that life had brought them to the unfortunate circumstances of working in a depressive work environment
Best seasonal summer job
Ticket Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 October 2017
summertime at the exbition is the place to be an be seen..... working.
Loved all
My co workers
Great outdoor work experience
Good incentives
Friendly environment
Pros
Not all year
Cons
Seasonal
Fun Workplace
Texas Hold'em Dealer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 September 2017
A typical day at work would consist of doing chip count checks when you are seated at the table, card count checks.

You walk up to the supervisor and you will get assigned a table to deal at. Depending on the number of dealers available, you get a break every 20-60 mins. You will always get sent to a different table, and sometimes get assigned a dead table if there are too many occupied.

The enjoyable part of the job would be interacting with the players and watching the players reactions. As the dealer, you have the power to deal the cards to players and watch who wins and loses.

The hardest part of the job would be that if you are very susceptible to criticism and have a low EQ, this job is not for you
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Lack of shifts, casino only comes around for a month once a year
It was fun
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 September 2017
It was fun to work in Summer. The hard part was, working late shift and come back to work in next morning. Its a multicultural place to work. People come from different location, so you can meet with different people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian National Exhibition. Our community is ready to answer.

Canadian National Exhibition Reviews by Location