Canadian National Exhibition Employee Reviews

fun workplace
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 April 2019
Got along with other employees and the manager working at a fast paste most of the time,mostly rush hours occurred at 11 and finished within 15 minutes of my skill of being really fast at busy hours.Customer friendly really got along with customers made them feel more comfortable.
Productive and Entertaining
Kid's World - Program Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 April 2019
It was a great environment and the staff and team members there were very welcoming. I had a position in the Kid's World area therefore I had to interact with children and their parents. If any of the parents had any questions, I would answer and direct them if they are lost in the park. Some duties included sanitizing the items the children played with and ensuring the kid's area was clean. I would definitely work there again!
good experience
ticket scaner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 April 2019
good experience was amazing.excellent pay and work is also amzing.the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and assisting new people in a friendley manner
Fast paced minimal supervision
Gate Greeter/Roamer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 March 2019
Hardest part of the job is being on your feet for 6-7 hours and they might start to hurt. Meet amazing new people and laid back supervisors generally. Gain lots of knowledge of the grounds and lots of freedom. Good job for those who are don't like being behind a counter all day doing work. Get to explore and meet a lot of new people, fun times.
Pros
free food
Cons
On foot, weather
Super Fun
Entrance Gate Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 March 2019
I mean its CNE the best place ever! so much food, rides and people like its a whole package! You get free passes as well to go on the rides! It is very fun place to work in.
Pros
rides
Cons
sunny
fun place to work
Games Booth Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2019
its a good place to work gives you alot of hours and get to meet new people everyday, good co workers lunch is not that long but manageable and pay is good.
I worked in kids world, it sucked.
Program Attendant, Kids World (Former Employee) –  kids world25 February 2019
We got two sessions of training with no hands on and then they directed us to our stations. While i appreciate getting the job there, they didn't give us enough training and there was no system in place to get information.
clean environment
Cleaner/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 February 2019
working there made me realize how hard the worker to clean the place. working there is hard but at the same time its fun. cleaning the whole place is very hard but you have friendly co-workers.
Good environment and time goes by fast
Manchu Wok - Server / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 February 2019
The CNE does get extremely busy everyday but this means time will go by pretty quickly. You will learn how to deal with troublesome customers in a polite manner as there are many of them. Overall, you get a good pay since you will most likely work everyday that the CNE is opened which is only about 18 days.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
can get extremely busy and hot
Working at the CNE
GAMES ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 February 2019
A typical day at the Canadian Exhibition (CNE) would start from 9:30am to 12:00am. While working at the CNE, I learned to adapt to a fast-paced environment, which helped me work on my punctuality.

Getting used to the work environment and customers took some time.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know new people and working with my team members.
Pros
Working outside
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 January 2019
Very highly recommended summer job for a teenager. Would fit right in with the crowd of other teenagers that come and visit there and also work well with the other teenagers.
very fast paced
10 Nova Scotia Ave - (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 January 2019
Working at the CNE, my work hours were long but they were fun. I learned how to work quickly under pressure and in a really hot kitchen. All of the people I worked with were very nice and really fun to work with.
Relaxed workplace with a very friendly culture
Kidsworld Art Studio Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 November 2018
-Working about 5 hrs/day for three weeks straight
-Really nice co-workers and supervisors
-on your feet for long periods of time
-teaching crafts to kids is fun and rewarding
-You need to constantly clean the studio
-multitasking is important
Pros
Rewarding environment
Cons
no days off for three weeks
Fun work environment
Food Handler (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 November 2018
I enjoyed myself while working at the CNE friendly people and reasonable work hours, my work was easy to find being in the centre of all other food trucks.
fun place to work at
Admission Ticket Seller/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 October 2018
best place.
friendly people
hardest part would be getting there
everyone is so friendly and greeting you can make mistakes and not get in trouble
i typical day is very busy
Productive and fun work space
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 October 2018
The Canadian National Exhibition was an overall fun place to work. I learned a lot of new things in that environment, it was easy to make new friends.
Pros
Free tips
fun but also hard
Food Truck (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 September 2018
it was super long with barely any breaks. i was outside for 14 hours a day. i had to pay for my transportation from markham to downtown toronto. it was insane
Pros
breaks but super small
Cons
super long hours (14h)
Fun workplace
Employee/Team Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 September 2018
Fun, productive workplace. hours are limited some days get really busy which means more work obviously, but overall not a very difficult job and people are friendly.
Fun workplace with lots of loud music and entertainment
Made waffle batter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 August 2018
Overall I loved the experience of working at the CNE. It's always busy so there's constant entertainment and loud music all around. I learned my way around pretty quickly which was the best part because I always took shortcuts to where my work station was.
Pros
Free Admission and Ride Passes
Cons
Long Hours
Fun and enjoyable workplace
Ride Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 July 2018
1. I would make sure the rides were safe eg. the sit belts were still in tact and I would also check the if the cashier was working 100% percent if I had ticket sales that day. I would do all this before the CNE opened. The rest of the day would just be me selling tickets and checking if the each persons height is ideal for the ride.

2. I learned how the rides operate, how to know if there is something wrong and the customer service guidelines

3. Management is exceptional. They makes sure you understand every task clearly and will help you ti any means to complete it.

4. At the CNE every worker has to make sure everybody follows the rules and there are no exceptions for anyone.

5. The atmosphere

6.Meeting new people
Pros
Get to meet celebrities and other famous people
Cons
Long hours in the heat

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian National Exhibition. Our community is ready to answer.

Canadian National Exhibition Reviews by Location