Canadian National Exhibition

Canadian National Exhibition Employee Reviews

Canada217 reviews
Working at the CNE I could say was a very interesting experience for me because you always find out something new about the job. From meeting new people, to working in new places etc. The supervisors were very respectful and understanding. Plus my co-workers were also kind and easy to get along with. The only thing that was hard about the job is finding/knowing your way around the entire place.
I would recommend it as your first job.
I got to meet new people, the job itself was easy and the pay was pretty good too. They’re also pretty flexible too when it comes to switching your availability and suck.
Pros
get free stuff
Cons
working in a sweaty environment
The CNE is a fast-paced environment where you're always on your feet. Management could use some work, especially on busy days, but the coworkers were amazing and a pleasure to work with.
Woking here is definitely a milestone for any person looking for a job. It lead me to work here for three summers and they care deeply for there staff.
The environment is just satisfying and i never hated my job position. I always enjoyed seeing people be happy after getting their spaghetti served, because i was working with spaghetti 99.
Fast paced environment but you get to meet a lot of people in whatever job you get. Its easy when you you get used to it and the work isn't that hard.
My experience at the cne was fantastic. I met a lot of new friends, gained tons of workplace skills and experience, plus the total pay for only working a little over a week is also great. Would definitely recommend you apply.
Working at the CNE was fast-paced later in the day rather than in the morning. Hearing customers compliment the foods we make and the service we gave made me proud to work there. A normal day of work would consist of arriving at work early and waiting for my shift. When it started, i'd clock in and take orders, I was a cashier. I'd tell the line workers which foods to make and how much of it. Customers were normally nice but there were a few rude ones, as expected in a workplace. Id normally work until closing. We'd then clean up the work area and count the money in the till for the next morning. Once all the work had been finished, we'd leave. I think my favorite part of working at the CNE was getting to know my coworkers better. It made working there allot more comfortable. My least favorite part would have to be counting the till at the end of the day. Since the money was for the next morning it'd bee majority change and less bills.
Loved Porkies it was a great experience for me. Travelling downtown was a bit of work for me and I did get lost a few times but it definitely built character.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Canadian National Exhibition?
overall my experience working at cne was really fun! i was able to talk to a lot of other people working at my booth and it wasn't very hard, although the owner of the booth was pretty rude most of the time.
Very fast paced job. I had a lot of hours given to me to work. Break weren't given out much. Since the place was very packed time went by so fast. i RECOMMEND working at cne for the experience. Doesn't even feel like work.
Nest place to work at and i would like to tell others to work there too because you make a lot of friends and you get to enjoy and eat maybe sometime for free as well.
It was a easy job to perform yet can be every boring at times. The salary is fair however the hours where very limited. The work environment was very calm.
working at CNE was very fun, the environment was very chill, co-workers were amazing and the supervisors were very sweet. Working their was really chill
A great place for a person who wants to get their first job experience with all the management and co-workers being super compatible and nice to you. Everyone did their assigned job and overall it had a great learning experience.
Scanning tickets. Stamping customers hands. I learned to use their scanner. I learned about the different parts of the grounds. Easy going place to work. Long lines of customers. Free admission. You get to meet a lot of new people.
I have enjoyed my 5 years working at the CNE and hope to be back again this Summer. I enjoyed working with all the different people from the different departments.
Pros
Good boss
Cons
its bad when the ceiling fans aren't on
Working during the CNE is ok. You make good friends if you talk to them. Ask them about when they have shifts so you can know if you have the same shifts as them and talk. This job is mainly for grade 10s to grade 12s as it is a starting job.
The lead hands (supervisors) are chill, but most of them smoke too much and have to smoke everywhere.
working at the CNE was great, the people were nice, good management, great coworkers, it’s a good place to work during the summer even though it can get stressful during the most popular days
Working at the CNE was definitely a good experience. It was a fun place to work I met a lot of new people who did help with my people skills. it's very fast-paced but the day did go by pretty quick because of the workload.
CNE is a great first job as it was mine. It taught me a lot about customer service and catering to your customers. The pay is great for a 14-year-old looking for their first job and is unsure of where to apply. It is a very fast-paced environment and you are on your feet all day.