Canadian Museum of Nature Employee Reviews

Hard work great people
Guard/ Supervisor/ Security Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON31 May 2018
As a labor for a painting company, mine was sure the most hectic day. However, the people I worked with were good and welcoming.
The pay was acceptable and fair.
The hours were good too.
wonderful place to learn about science and natural history
Advancement Officer, Annual Giving & Events (Current Employee) –  Ottawa-Gatineau, ON1 August 2017
Great place to continue learning every day about something new.
Opened my mind to the science of natural history. Really enjoy the culture of the various departments, scientists and researchers. Management is different departments are not always on the same page as everyone else and therefor it creates a lot of tension, however despite that - its a constant learning platform.
Excellent working and learning environment
Environmental Monitoring Program (Former Employee) –  Aylmer, Gatineau, Quebec,Canada25 August 2014
A typical day included fieldwork in the morning (insect/plant collection) and laboratory or desk work in the afternoon (including data input from the morning's collections).

I learned a great deal of flora and fauna identification through hands on training.

The management style of my supervisor was very comfortable. Tasks and projects were assigned and the team would provide updates as to our progress.

The hardest part of the job came at the beginning, the learning curve was steep and all the memorization was difficult. The best part was being outside.
Pros
There were so many excellent people to work with and learn from.
Cons
The work location was a long commute.