Canadian Mattress Recycling Inc

Canadian Mattress Recycling Inc Employee Reviews

3.5Pay & benefits

Good company, great employees

Mattress and box spring dismantling can be very physical, however once you get into a groove it's not terribly difficult. Although it can be very dirty. Management and staff are wonderful. Co workers are great. Diverse workplace. There's a pace to keep, but it's not super strictly enforced, you kind of just have to do your very best and I think management respects that because the job can be difficult. Overall I enjoyed my time here. It's a laid back workplace, hard work, there's advancement to operating machines, which is nice, also music while you work (radio), good safety protocols, good vibes.

Pros

Accomodation for Part Time, Wage

Cons

The mattresses can be wet

Good place to work, can learn new things and machine work, everyone nice

Can be hard work but I don't mind that and lots of different things to do. Like that lots of staff getting to take vacation this summer. Learning lots about health and safety and we do stretching and talks every morning. And everyone is nice to work with and fair and helps each other. Supervisors care about staff.

Pros

easy to get to, good benefits and sick pay, lockers, sometimes cakes, parties, presents

Cons

lots to learn but pay attention and then it's not hard

Fast paced

Some of the mattresses were wet with god knows what. They were extremely heavy. This job is good for young, strong, men. It’s too heavy for a woman lol

Pros

Decent starting wage

Cons

No bonuses or RRSP matching, or boot allowance.

Good Company

I like that they are diverting huge tonnage from the landfills. Great culture of reduce/reuse/recycle. Leather and vinyl are reclaimed from furniture, metal is recycled, and the cushions are available for a donation and they are great for pets, daycare etc. The mattresses are dismantled and everything that can be recycled is.

Clean well run workplace

Fast paced well organized business. Very safe and progressive employer. Management was accessable, hard working and friendly. Most of the employees are long time employees.

Decent

The type of work performed here was pretty repetitive. I didn't really enjoy my time working here due to the lack of staff and job supervision. The workplace was really dirty.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Mattress Recycling Inc. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7Job security/advancement