Canadian Linen & Uniform Services Management reviews

Stay away
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON31 January 2019
Horrible place to work, management one sided, very little support or help when needed, neglect company vehicles, even unsafe @ times. Will 100% take advantage of route jumpers, days are over loaded, not enough time to have lunch or breaks. Normal day is 10hr/day or more. Slavery @ its BEST!!! Management and staff are quitting on a monthly basis. Worst experience!!!
NO STABILITY ( DO NOT APPLY )
Pros
weekend off, decent pay
Cons
long hours, unsafe vehicles
Detriorating workplace environment
Service department (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 January 2019
Used to be a great place to work but workplace culture has gone down in quality for a while. Co-workers and mid level management were always great and supportive and would make working there tolerable. Going through some growing pains over the last few years we really got to see where upper management really stands. Employees are given unreasonable expectations and put in a position to fail on a daily basis. Most employees are miserable and upper management's inability to admit that anything is wrong is killing the workplace.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Upper management, workplace culture
Slavery is back
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 November 2018
Don’t ever work here, the company does not care for you one bit. If you are sick or hurt don’t even bother asking for the time off to heal as there is no one to cover. Meanwhile the management are sitting around in their offices slacking off. Some (not all) management have huge chips on their shoulders and if you voice your opinion they belittle you and come right in your face and want to start something.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Management and everything else
Easy work with decent pay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK12 September 2018
Not a bad place to work, but new ownership and management has made it difficult to want to stick around with them expecting quite a lot of their employees with, at times, little benefits for the extra hours put in.
Horrible Place To Work!
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  London, ON16 June 2018
Everything about that place is horrible, aside from the wonderful employees that work inside the factory. Everyone else (especially the drivers) are horrible. All the drivers do is waste time, leave carts or dirty linens/ garbage around the docking area, dont put anything back, etc. Managers are even worse! Constantly rushing people, thinking that they're everything to the company, always looking at their phone and timing people. They need to force allot of people to resign or shut down the company. People slave their, and if the managers dont like it, they're fired within weeks. Dont ever work here!
Pros
Cons
Long hours, horrible management
great productive place to work
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 August 2018
a lot of benefits when working here ,good management work scedual was great still gives you time to pick up children after school is good a very fast past enviroment and it is very hot
Co- worker on the most part were great
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS21 April 2018
This company required a lot of overtime, although this was difficult at times it was okay for the most part. Majority of the workers were hard working.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
long hours, management when I ended employment was not good, since then has changed
Good company. Bad Managment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 May 2018
Good company I had great co -workers and loved my position there as I was almost there for 2 years. My position was Receptionist Bad Management. No Job security.
decent pay and commission
Customer Service Rep/Driver (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK9 April 2018
it was good until all the management got fired and they had nobody trained to take over for the people who were let go ,pay was good ,weekends and holidays off was also good
hours
General Helper (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 November 2017
The disadvantage about working here was production management turn over rate which made things very unorganized considering dead lines were needed to be met.
Pros
40 hours monday to friday NO NIGHTS NO WEEKENDS
Cons
production manager turn over rate which made production VERY unorganized
Horrible people horrible job
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 November 2017
Management sucks they don’t know there tail from there face The job it’s self is rediculus they expect u to push around. Hundreds of pounds at a fast pace even if it mean your safety is compromised
Pros
Cons
Every thing
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK21 May 2016
Working for Canadian Linen is bittersweet. The job provides enjoyable challenges and a great deal of personal freedom when solving them. These are 2 things I find extremely important in my career.
As a whole, however, the company is failing miserably at supporting their front line operations. Our depot (and I assume most others) has challenges entirely unique to our location and community which we service. Unfortunately our solutions for these problems are ignored at the corporate level and we are expected to fall in line and make do with outdated technologies and unacceptable expectations.
It's disappointing to find myself stifled once again in a position where I could have shined.
Boring
Soil count, checking In (Current Employee) –  Somewhere19 October 2015
It sucks, I would never recommended it to my worst enemy. To many immigrants not enough Caucasian plp, always to much firing and not enough hiring, plp are always let go before there 70 days is up, seems like management is filling there pockets full of cash by letting new employees go before probation, they push and push u, work u like dogs, or a robot
Pros
Mon-fri that's the only thing I like
Cons
Upper management sucks, u have a lead hand who is younger then u, everyday there's stress, fighting that never gets delt with
Good paced, great people
Mat roller-organizer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 August 2012
Early mornings, the days go smoothly, good people to work with. I learned puntcuality and values whilst working there. Management was great and treated everyone fairly. Co-workers have been all friendly in the past, and everyone was easy to get along with. Working in the mat room and pulling the matsoff the floor was the hardest part, but it gave you a great workout. The barbecues and free lunches were the best part of the job.
Pros
barbecues, christmas bonus.
Cons
having to work overtime due to other peoples mistakes.
the rout is way to heavy
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Regina Sk6 October 2015
I worked at Canadian linen for two and a bit years. I was brought on as a CSR and was given a out of town rout, I was trained and I was given the impression that this rout was typically a 10 hr day and only until a in town rout was available. the truth was that most days ended up being 12 - 15 hr days with no assistance form management or other staff. short story is that there never was an in town rout and the rout I was on was way too heavy for one person and management kept adding to it.after numerous attempts to improve the working conditions and appealing to management to adjust the rout where fruitless so I thought it best to resign and find better employment.
Pros
good pay
Cons
long hard hours away from home.
worst place I have ever worked
worker (Former Employee) –  Victoria10 March 2013
I wouldn't recomend working here unless you a) need the money and b) can put up with alot. This was not a fun place to come to every day. Management was less than supportive and continually threatend that the plant would close due to the low profit the branch was bringing in. Most of the regualar people working there are fine. A little stressed out but good people. So glad I got out of there.
Pros
a pay check
Cons
working for a bunch of jerks
Do not work here
Office Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS11 April 2016
I worked here for a month and was hardly trained and the lady that did train me left out stuff and I would get in trouble because I didn't do something that I was never told to do. They are so unfair and cold and pretty sure had me replaced before I even was fully trained. Would not recommend this job to my worst enemy.
Pros
There was none
Cons
Upper management is cold hearted and money hungry
So Much Potential, But Consistently Falling Short.
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB15 July 2014
Pros
3 day weekends
Cons
Central management (who are ignorant and oblivious).
Liked working there
Flat Iron Presser (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK15 November 2013
Work start at 7;30am to 3:30pm.
Sorted laundry and put priority orders through flat iron first.
I learned to move fast on assembly work.
Management was strict at times, but linen had to go out.
The girls I worked with were very good workers and we still had time to laugh.
Hardest part was getting rush orders to drivers .
Pros
Waiting for dryers
Cons
Trying to get to work when snowed in
Good management & friendly staff
Fleet Mechanic/manager (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS8 April 2017
Great place to work & management recognizes good workers & provides opportunities for advancement .Place is centrally located in business park & is on bus routes
Pros
no pressures when work is performed at your best, although it may be below industry standard
Cons
long work days at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Linen & Uniform Services. Our community is ready to answer.