Canadian Linen & Uniform Services Management reviews

great productive place to work
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 August 2018
a lot of benefits when working here ,good management work scedual was great still gives you time to pick up children after school is good a very fast past enviroment and it is very hot
Horrible Place To Work!
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  London, ON16 June 2018
Everything about that place is horrible, aside from the wonderful employees that work inside the factory. Everyone else (especially the drivers) are horrible. All the drivers do is waste time, leave carts or dirty linens/ garbage around the docking area, dont put anything back, etc. Managers are even worse! Constantly rushing people, thinking that they're everything to the company, always looking at their phone and timing people. They need to force allot of people to resign or shut down the company. People slave their, and if the managers dont like it, they're fired within weeks. Dont ever work here!
Pros
Cons
Long hours, horrible management
Good company. Bad Managment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 May 2018
Good company I had great co -workers and loved my position there as I was almost there for 2 years. My position was Receptionist Bad Management. No Job security.
Co- worker on the most part were great
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS21 April 2018
This company required a lot of overtime, although this was difficult at times it was okay for the most part. Majority of the workers were hard working.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
long hours, management when I ended employment was not good, since then has changed
decent pay and commission
Customer Service Rep/Driver (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK9 April 2018
it was good until all the management got fired and they had nobody trained to take over for the people who were let go ,pay was good ,weekends and holidays off was also good
hours
General Helper (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 November 2017
The disadvantage about working here was production management turn over rate which made things very unorganized considering dead lines were needed to be met.
Pros
40 hours monday to friday NO NIGHTS NO WEEKENDS
Cons
production manager turn over rate which made production VERY unorganized
Horrible people horrible job
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 November 2017
Management sucks they don’t know there tail from there face The job it’s self is rediculus they expect u to push around. Hundreds of pounds at a fast pace even if it mean your safety is compromised
Pros
Cons
Every thing
Do you like slavery?
Driver (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC31 July 2017
Work here if you like rubbing molding laundry all over yourself and being told you're not doing it fast enough. Get worked like a dog then laughed at by managers
Pros
Still thinking
Cons
The smell that won't wash off.
Productive and Great workplace
CSR / Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK16 June 2017
Fix four days work and three days off job. This job has help me improve my time management skills and punctuality. The management and staff are awesome to work with.
Pros
continues commission
Cons
Long Hours
Horrible place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canada28 April 2017
Management is uneducated in their role and very little knowledge of coaching. Customer service is horrible. Do not work here. Customers constantly going without stock or deliveries. Work ethic is horrible.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, no coaching, constant customer complaints.
Good management & friendly staff
Fleet Mechanic/manager (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS8 April 2017
Great place to work & management recognizes good workers & provides opportunities for advancement .Place is centrally located in business park & is on bus routes
Pros
no pressures when work is performed at your best, although it may be below industry standard
Cons
long work days at times
It's a factory job. You'll be paid little and taken advantage of.
Camp Receive (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 January 2017
Overall it's a tough job that ages you quickly. Management only cares about the pennies they can save.

Several hours of overtime is to be expected every week without any prior notice.

Expect to work holidays and not be paid overtime for your first three months.
Bad place to work
Shipper/Receiver/Relief Driver (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB21 November 2016
Edmonton management overides the local manager without asking anything. I got hired by accident and was there 4 months and found out I was supposed to be layed off 2 months ago
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK21 May 2016
Working for Canadian Linen is bittersweet. The job provides enjoyable challenges and a great deal of personal freedom when solving them. These are 2 things I find extremely important in my career.
As a whole, however, the company is failing miserably at supporting their front line operations. Our depot (and I assume most others) has challenges entirely unique to our location and community which we service. Unfortunately our solutions for these problems are ignored at the corporate level and we are expected to fall in line and make do with outdated technologies and unacceptable expectations.
It's disappointing to find myself stifled once again in a position where I could have shined.
Do not work here
Office Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS11 April 2016
I worked here for a month and was hardly trained and the lady that did train me left out stuff and I would get in trouble because I didn't do something that I was never told to do. They are so unfair and cold and pretty sure had me replaced before I even was fully trained. Would not recommend this job to my worst enemy.
Pros
There was none
Cons
Upper management is cold hearted and money hungry
Boring
Soil count, checking In (Current Employee) –  Somewhere19 October 2015
It sucks, I would never recommended it to my worst enemy. To many immigrants not enough Caucasian plp, always to much firing and not enough hiring, plp are always let go before there 70 days is up, seems like management is filling there pockets full of cash by letting new employees go before probation, they push and push u, work u like dogs, or a robot
Pros
Mon-fri that's the only thing I like
Cons
Upper management sucks, u have a lead hand who is younger then u, everyday there's stress, fighting that never gets delt with
the rout is way to heavy
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Regina Sk6 October 2015
I worked at Canadian linen for two and a bit years. I was brought on as a CSR and was given a out of town rout, I was trained and I was given the impression that this rout was typically a 10 hr day and only until a in town rout was available. the truth was that most days ended up being 12 - 15 hr days with no assistance form management or other staff. short story is that there never was an in town rout and the rout I was on was way too heavy for one person and management kept adding to it.after numerous attempts to improve the working conditions and appealing to management to adjust the rout where fruitless so I thought it best to resign and find better employment.
Pros
good pay
Cons
long hard hours away from home.
Managemant
Asst .Production Manager (Former Employee) –  8631 Stadium Rd13 August 2015
Upper Management does not stand behind you or stand up for the staff. Would rather fire you and hire new people.The staff are out standing people and would give there right arm for you.
Pros
Nice employees to work with.
Cons
Upper Managament not so great to work for.
great place to work
CSR - Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NB9 March 2015
the environment is great and you get to meet alot of great people all at the same time. all the employees are all great and so is the management
Extremely unrealistic mental and physical requirements.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto,Ontario16 February 2015
This company was a great place to work many years ago, many incentives and a management that cared, and had a say as to how to treat their employees. This is no longer the case. The direct managers that run the service department today are under immense pressure and are given totally unrealistic goals and time restraints that are inevitably passed on to the customer service reps. The morale and atmosphere that permeate the working environment due to all of that pressure is unbearable at times. I've witnessed many reasonable people fly of the handle and crack under the stress. It was almost a daily occurrence. There is literally not enough time in the day to complete all of the quotas required. There is just enough time to fulfill the loading/unloading and deliveries for the day, provided you don't take lunch or breaks, which almost no one does. Any complaints or requests for overtime will get you a "leave, if you don't like it here" comment from management. This company has sucked the life out of almost everyone I've worked with over years. Great pay and benefits are not worth the long term physical and mental side effects.
Pros
Working on your own
Cons
extremely long days/no overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Linen & Uniform Services. Our community is ready to answer.