Canadian Linen & Uniform Services

Canadian Linen & Uniform Services Employee Reviews

Canada177 reviews

linenrouteunionplantmatdriverovertimeheavy

would recommend

Calgary Canadian Linen has many long-term staff. Work is weekdays with stat holiday off. Potential for overtime. Busy but not strssful. Physical job, keeps you fit.

Stress free and good exercise

Job is very fast-paced. Before you know it your day is pretty much done. Can be hard on the body, but if you're looking to stay in shape and take care of your self, this job will help. Loved the relationship developed with my customers.

Insights into Canadian Linen & Uniform Services

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness

Not bad if you are a good liar

Just do your route and get leads and upsale your customers and you will do great. You will get paid a bunch of bonuses over top your wages. This is how that place works. If you can do that you will make out great.

Pros

the incentive structure

Cons

management

Horrible management

The work it's self is great and that's about it. Management is very toxic and puts everything on the driver's. Will make promises and then not even inform the driver. Garments go missing consistently and will charge customers damage charges on basically new ones.

Management appreciates honest and hard work done. sorting out scheduling with CSR and offer support and keeping all staff members engaged and safe through out their work.

Poor management

Management we're not helpful when you had questions. I've heard they've changed management since I've been there, I sure hope they did. There's a couple times that I was out on the road in places I've never been before and I call with questions and they would literally hang up in your face and not answer you they would laugh and hang up in your face. They tell you to figure it out.

Production Worker

Not a good company to work for. Your are treated poorly and if you cannot work the over time then your told you will lose your job. Some of the other staff are nice others are two faced and say one thing and do another.

Excellent environment

Employees are awesome on each department thanks to management and union representatives but everyone of us have different view Human nature Okay. too much drama that.i why. Left

Pros

Team effort

Cons

Jealousy and back stabbing

An ok can company to work for

The four day work week is the best part of the job. There is alot of interaction with customers to make sure they are happy and have what the need. Alot of driving.

Pros

4 day work week

Cons

Very heavy work loads

Expect overwhelming amounts of work with almost no help from management

Constant high expectations for the work environment, no need to work in an in office setting when it is possible to work from home remotely, very stressful environment with high expectations. When you tell management you are overwhelmed with work the answer is "overtime it available to you"

Pros

pension plan

Cons

large workload for small pay

A rare company that treats its employees like human beings.

It's rare to find a company where a CSR is treated like a person rather than a means to an end, but Canadian Linen is the exception. They treat their employees well and promote open an honest discussion about workload. I enjoy working here.

Pros

Honesty and decency

Cons

No short term disability.

not a good place to be

I would not recommend working there. They do not appreciate their employees. Especially if you are a POC. They will not care to show you exactly how they feel about us.

Great place to work honestly.

minus a little work politic here and there by the ol' heads up top it's good place If you fit the team and of course knowing how to do you job helps , first level at the rock hands on management great people.

poor managment

Typical day involves loading and unloading your truck. You work by yourself most the time and can generally move at your own pace. Winters can be brutal. Worst managment I have ever seen

Pros

4 day work week

Cons

everything else

Good company

Hard work, fast paced, good pay if you want to work for it. Since this was purchased by Aramark the family feel has disappeared but there are still a lot of good people that work here.

Poor Management

Extremely poor management at the distribution centre in Calgary. Unprofessional and no leadership for the employees. Low pay ( minimum wage ) for doing the work of three people. Tickets are gotten from online and involve some safety concerns. You have to have a Strong ability to over look stress and pressure to last for long term employment. Basic health benefits.

Busy workplace that rarely has the supply to meet the demand of customers

I'll try to talk about this in a neutral state of mind.Started in summer of 2021, I was told in the interview and read online that it is very physical which was true, it is very physical and I expected that which is fine. If you're use to actually *working* its not too bad but I wouldn't suggest this job if you're coming from a desk job.Typical day involves coming in around 6am to prepare your route for the day, some load the day before if they can to get a head start on the next day, others do it that morning which I don't suggest because sometimes you're waiting for a spot on the loading dock resulting in leaving late. Organize your invoices making sure there are no errors (There are always errors that need to be fixed) The job is advertised as 4 10hr work days but some days are longer than others. I have a couple that are about 12hrs and a couple under 10. A common issue I find is the production plant is behind a lot of times on the supplies for the routes so you either have to wait hours for your stuff or start your route short handed. Several times I've had mat shortages and customers could not get serviced as a result or I would end up deciding who to skip in order to service someone else. (Robbing Peter to pay Paul as they say) The company doesn't always have the supply to meet the demand yet they eagerly sign up another customer despite not having supplies, this isn't a management thing more so a head-office share holder thing. They advertise that steel toe boots are provided plus medical benefits etc but you don't get anything like that until you pass -

Pros

4 day work week on day shifts, weekends off, decent pay

Cons

Long hours resulting in overtime sometimes, very physical, having extra stops put on you, not getting all the supplies for your route, production behind behind, always understaffed.

Great place to work!

Good place to work overall ,the work life balance was very desirable . Management was great and employees were all very friendly. Great work life balance .

Pros

Monday to Friday 8-5

Cons

Lower than industry standard pay

Stress stress stress and more stress

Work environment is very stressful everything that happens that's not your fault is your fault. There is no help from management the GM is a piece of 💩. Customer gets overcharged you try to fix it doesn't get fixed and the customer gets mad at you the guy there are excellent coworkers. If you want to be mad and stressed all the time this is the job for you.

Pros

The pay and youre coworkers

Cons

terrible work you hard all the time to many expections

terrible place to work hard staff to get along with no respect for you as employee at all not worth the money you get for the work you do like slavework

Pros

bad staff

Cons

bad staff

Job had potential, Management was incompetent

Working at Canadian Linen had benefits of a flexible schedule, work from home and salary was decent. However the leadership was lacking in all forms. Micro managed and harassed is what I felt most of the time.

Pros

FLexible work schedule

Cons

micromanged and harassed, little to no direction and support

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Linen & Uniform Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement