Canadian Linen & Uniform Services

Canadian Linen & Uniform Services Employee Reviews

If you work to your fullest this a good experience

Learn alot of new skills. You can grow within the company if your willing to work hard and learn new positions. Some overtime is asked when the work needs to be done.

Pros

Day shifts. Weekends off

Cons

Drama if you inject yourself.

Would never recommend this company

Change in management was atrocious Told them I was moving onThey refused to honour my unpaid commissions I kept good records and with the help of the labour board received payment of 27 thousand dollarsThe rest is history

Productive and on hand training

Good working environment, very friendly ppl no working on weekends it is a Monday to Friday job hours are good 6-2:30/7-3:30 . The Assistant manager and Production manager are really good bosses to work for.

a typical day includes entering everything for your branch... eft's credit cards and cheques but you're under pressure to get everything done fast. and I wasn't fond of the supervisor asking personal questions at my desk. I don't need the whole floor to know everything about me .. It was unprofessional and none of her business. plus I felt like if I had different interests then everyone else i was left out of stuff. I felt like the outsider the whole time i worked there and i was there longer then a lot of the people. I didn' t feel included. I remember someone asking everyone but me if they could pick something up .. .I never felt welcome and for awhile they went through a lot of staff. a couple of times by the time I learned their name they were gone.

Pros

the pay was good.. every once in awhile they would have pizza day, hot dog day.

Cons

long hours didnt make me feel like a part of the group felt pressured

Poor management

They will fire you weeks before your probation period and accuse you of doing things you did not do. Very shady and unprofessional. They mess around with paychecks.

Pros

Hours

Cons

Union

The faster you go. The earlier your done.

I worked in Calgary base for 2years. Good pay. But they push hard. They want the job done in 8 or 10 hours. But if it takes 15 hrs you get in trouble. So what. But take pics of your hours of work at the end of every day. They will hack the punch clock and drop your hrs. I experienced it several times. After 6 months I got my route figured out. I was done in 8 hrs or so. But that’s hustling and they pay 10 hrs. If I remember right. I got fri sat sun off. 4 day work week is great. I hurt my back. And they had me string bags for light duty. Again they want 1000bags done by lunch. As a driver I laughed at this and done maybe 100 bags. You won’t see to many overweight guys working here. Very physical.

Pros

Good pay/benefits/hours

Cons

Management pushes hard

Good pay. If your willing to work for it.

Good pay if your willing to work for it. The bosses know what they are doing and help where they can. My only gripe is the amount of punishment I had to put my body through to make the good money.

Pros

Good pay. Doughnuts at meetings.

Cons

Long hours.

Fast pace and stressful work environment.

I worked as a Customer Service Rep/Delivery Driver for Canadian Linen in Lethbridge, AB. The job itself was okay. It was physically demanding and at times, quite stressful. The big problem at this branch was the management. There was no support from any management from the GM to the service managers. I was blamed for every problem on my route, they didn’t back me up when customers complained, I had to fight for any time off including sick time and bereavement leave, and they were overall unprofessional. If you can deal with poor management, you are paid well to deal with it.

Pros

3 day weekends. 4 - 10 hour work days a week.

Cons

Paid for 40 hours a week, even if you work more. No overtime.

Well Paid but hard on the body

The pay is pretty good, but they are really demanding. Long days, hard on the body, and some perks at some of the customer accounts. You are really just a number and that’s how management sees you. The people working in the plant are treated like slaves and do not make enough.

Pros

Good pay, Benefits, freedom when on route

Cons

Hard on the body, Management

Management SUCKS!! Not worth the money

I have worked for Canadian Linen in Toronto, kinda expected the same here in Calgary. But the management sucks. Trust me love yourself a little and dont work here

Pros

No Pros

Cons

Management is horrible

Jobs at Canadian Linen & Uniform Services

See more jobs

Disgusting work

The work itself is absolutely disgusting, changing out filthy mats, mops, and filthy coveralls. The management is absolutely terrible and if you ever bring up any kind of constructive criticism to make working there better, all you are met with is "you don't like it, get another job". Drivers are constantly being given more and more work and responsibility. The only good thing about this job is the pay, and the 3 day weekends.

Pros

The pay

Cons

Pretty much everything

Great job

It’s a great place to work; physical demanding but if your willing to hustle you can do well. I made a lot of friends that I still have years after leaving this employer. I’d go back.

Pros

Like running your own business but not having to do half the job.

Cons

Physical pain and can get held back by the plant.

An unproductive work place

It's the shitest place to work. Management is racist. They are so unreasonable and the management see the employees as enemies. It's a very toxic place

Great to work for in Alberta, Terrible in Vancouver

Two different environments from province to province. Alberta is the only non union canadian linen, and being unionized didnt change the job at all. The work load for the union was heavier, there was less pay since Vancouver basically gives product away practically for free, and the hours were gruelling. As a result, the sales and management push the csrs to the brim, and the truck was overflowing with product and they still demand more. Working in alberta was awesome. Vancouver is awful. are

Pros

Good benefits package, best linen company to work for ( unifirst is even worse!)

Cons

Long hours, heavy work with handling gross, wet mats and disgusting bins of kitchen towels that get mouldy, management is awful, Pay not that great for the effort put in.

Stressful

I found it very high paced. Very stressful environment. Always want more product with broken down machines. Always pushing for people to do more with less. Doesn't matter if you are new or been there for a long time. They pay you the same even your raise in pay. Don't look for any actual help.

Pros

pension is you stay long enough

Cons

Always stressful

Awesome place

Early shifts, manage your own time. Daily loads are physically demanding. Your days start between 530 and 7 to load and you leave the plant by 8-9 the latest, get back to finish your shift after deliveries by 3-4 depending on how busy your route is. I was laid off due to Covid 19. Great place to work

Pros

Weekends off and holidays

Cons

Physically demanding

It was good but there was no advancement

it was ok but no advancing in this company,it was like working in a high stressfull atomosphere if you can handle it you will do good you must be able to handle alot of critics,and try to please everyone

Pros

pay was decent

Cons

No advancement

Horrible place to work with laughable upper management

I started working there and was greeted with warm welcomes from my co workers. However, the people in upper management only see you as easily replaceable and don’t hesitate to take out their anger on whoever is in their vicinity at the time. The embarrassingly low wages and toxic work culture/management made me leave the company after 7 months

Pros

Friendly co workers with good cooperation

Cons

Lower pay than McDonald’s and you work 10x harder. Management is a complete joke

Not good

I worst job i ever had they r very mean and rude i have never had to put up with worst management in my life some of the crew were nice but others were very rude

Pros

Friend good pay

Cons

Bad management

Extremely poor management and do not train properly for the job which you are hired to perform.

Poorly managed and employees treated with disrespect. Training for the job which you are hired for is not done properly or not done at all. Bad company to work for.

Good

It is a job and that's it, just a job and not a future! No structure in place and management is confused most of the time! The pay is ok but not up to par! And no pension plan!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Linen & Uniform Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement