Canadian Heritage

Canadian Heritage Employee Reviews

Canada9 reviews
I worked for this federal government department in the Yukon, Canada, for 9 years and only left because the family moved out of the country.
Fantastic teams on location and remote, strong group spirit.

I was lucky to have a manager who encouraged me to go further.

Should I go back to Canada before being too old, Iw ould certainly try to work there again!
This was my first experience within the government as a university student. I learned valuable skills and information for future endeavors in the public sector. However, opportunities (for a student) were slim and our work was often non-challenging and overlooked.
It was regular 9 - 5 hours, however the job was a fantastic learning experience and a one of a kind opportunity.

It dealt a lot with organization and data inputting, and this was continuous throughout the duration of the internship. A lovely atmosphere to work in with great equipment and people to work with.
Help with DG with email, files, meeting and travel.
Learn a lot about canadian heritage.

Need it to go at the ministry office for mail and docket.

Dealing with confidential document.
Typical day is quite busy and not enough place for the advancement either. If you like keeping yourself busy then its the right place.
for the first place, I restarted my career at. I loved it, everyone I work with was very friendly with me and taught me so much during my time there. The experience and professional relationships I gained from work at Canadian Heritage I will take with me from now, going forward in my career development. The unfortunate part is that I am no longer working there due to budgeting issues.
Working at Canadian Heritage taught me valuable and practical communications skill that are applicable in any workplace. My employers understood how to challenge me while also guiding me when appropriate.
Adjusting to a desk job was the most difficult part of the job. That being said, I was given the opportunity to work on various projects such as a website, PowerPoint presentations, media monitoring and product development.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Desk job
Typical day at work: I have daily tasks such as reports to update, client services, organizational duties for meetings, logistic preparations, etc.
What I learned: To work with a team for a common goal. A smile and a genuine interest in learning generates respect and opportunities to surpass yourself personally and professionally.

Management: I have been fortunate to have had supervisors and managers that were kind hearted and although driven, provided trust and guidance in his/her staff.

Your co-workers: Having had employments that permitted me to work with many different personalities within a team has sharpenned my natural ability to be friendly, cordial and professional with my teamates.

The hardest part of the job: Because I deal with specific legal terms related to policy making documents for the United Nations (for implementing Canadian conventions), it makes it a challenge to deapen my knowledge in the subject matter.

The most enjoyable part of the job: To see the difference that we, in the Human Rights Program, are making in the quality of canadians,
Pros
Because I live close to work, I can go home for lunch
True commitment to mental health awareness, initiatives and activities
Pros
Filed Placement
Cons
No advancement opportunity
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Heritage. Our community is ready to answer.
4.4