Canadian Health Labs

Canadian Health Labs Employee Reviews

Canada14 reviews

Loved the work, * but…*

I worked as a remote admin, i’d go to different locations around fredericton and around NB and provide admin assistance to nurses at covid vaccination/testing sites. I only had this job from the end of January to the end of March, and in those 3 months I had maybe 4 or 5 shifts? I was told through the job ad that i applied for that it was 50-60 hours a week full time. And then everyone’s contracts ended abruptly at the end of march after already being told that they were being extended into april. soooo yeah..I’ll break it down like this: pros: * working with healthcare staff was amazing *entry level, great way to find out if you’re a good fit for healthcare administration*good pay, plus paid travel and travel expenses * some sites only took an hour but you’d get paid for 4 hours, per site.cons: * disorganized management / upper management , bad communication ( for example some people were told there is no dress code and then got in trouble on site for not following the dress code.) Not everyone is told the exact same thing. * no notice for travel - i’d get called on a sunday afternoon asking me to drive 3 hours north that night, and I can’t even drive a car. * very few actual shifts to go around, especially compared to how many people they seemed to hire. i can’t say for certain, but it really seemed to me like they over anticipated how many people they would need and how many clinics and sites there would be from Feb onwards and hired too many people. I literally worked *maybe* 5 times. This could be a pro for someone looking for more casual work to balance -

Fast Paced Environment With Exceptional Management and Team Leading

I worked with CHL as a contracted Registered Nurse. I found the management to be incredibly supportive and encouraging, even during the most stressful of days. The managers are true leaders, which is so incredibly important in the world of healthcare -- leadership helps us feel like we are all a part of the same team. I loved my experience with CHL and I can't wait to work with them again in the future.

Insights into Canadian Health Labs

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility

This is a fly-by-night numbered company with no professional standards

Be very cautious if you choose to accept any contract work. Ensure that everything in terms of conditions and compensation are written into the agreement.

Avoid at all costs

Truly the worst company I have ever worked for. Terrible from the top down. They don’t care about their “employees” aka contractors. They hire you this way (contract) so they can cut you at any moment they find you no longer useful. They are currently trying to get into travel healthcare/nursing/staffing and they have no idea what they are doing. They have no business in healthcare and are extremely unprofessional. Avoid at all costs.

Great experience

It was pretty fun. A nice workplace cool people great managers. It was a great opportunity and experience. I loved working there but unfortunately our place has been shutdown!

Contact Tracer at CHL

I worked with CHL on a short term contract for a COVID contact tracing project. The management is professional, organized and motivating. Our team effectively communicated with each other with daily zoom meetings and frequent check-ins.

Great place for low stress job

Great co workers. Friendly environment. Perfect for if you have another job or family requirements. Work/life balance. Pay rate is above average. All around great place to work.

Great People, Great Purpose

A great Canadian-owned healthcare company who is making a difference throughout the COVID pandemic. The teams across the country support and encourage each other, and although it is a very fast-paced work environment, the remote nature of the role gives flexibility and balance.

Disorganized, Poor communication, Managers with no experience. AVOID!

This company may pay well (if you fight for it), but they are incredibly disorganized and do not value staff, nor respect their time, at all. They are consistently chaotic, last minute, and unprepared. The managers leading entire teams typically have no experience and it is evident on all levels of operation. The communication all the way through management to staff members is abysmal. If you are going to work here, fight for every dollar they are willing to pay you, because that is the only thing that makes it slightly tolerable. And be ready to move on within a few months. Also, get EVERYTHING they said in the interview written into your contract - including hours to work each week, rental car access, etc. because they will make promises they do not keep.

Great Experience!

Great people to work with and the training is very in depth to make sure everyone is following along. I have never had such an amazing experience with management before. They really care for you and want the best for you. You're treated like a person and not a number!

Best place I have ever worked!!

Everyone is so helpful and kind ☺️ truly grateful for my time with CHL I met some amazing people! I was very sad when my contract ended with them and I would take a job there again!

Great company to work for

I really enjoyed working for Canadian Health Labs. The job was 100% remote, but still felt like a member of the team. Management was great. Unfortunately my job was a short contract type of job, but if another job opens up there, I would definitely go back.

Great place to work with great people on a true mission

By working here, you are able to support fellow Canadians and keep them safe! It is a great place to work because the role matters. The pay is great and the work enjoyable.

Pros

Depending on the role, there is a lot of remote work. Freedom to travel for other roles. You are helping keep Canada safe!

Cons

none!

Terrible training, terrible management, disorganized, late payments

unrealistic KPI, Terrible training, terrible management, disorganized, late payments, no communication, unprofessional set up, remote work, no technology support

Pros

remote

Cons

pay, management, training, communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Health Labs. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement