Canadian Forces Morale and Welfare Services

Canadian Forces Morale and Welfare Services Employee Reviews

I worked as casual part time kiosk attendant at JJ Parr and I get along well with my colleagues and supervisor. Great place to work. The facility us a bit dated but we all got along
This was a great company to work for but it seems that since I have left, they have moved away from the belief that software engineering is their future. Also, management doesn't seem to share information too well, in terms of where the company is going.
very poor management and poor culture. Organization is trying to be entrepreneurial but is too tied to DND thinking and doing. No room for advancement, poor salary for managers, managers not able to think for themselves very directed by higher level managers.
Get to work closely with military staff after they are dismissed from parades. Staff get to work in an independent environment and really hone bartender skills
flexible lots of training easy going Led the project team responsible for the migration of cellular contracts from Rogers to Bell. Deployed new cellular devices. Assisted with server and network outages and deployed broadcast information to users as per the CIO. Rapidly diagnosing, troubleshooting and resolving client Hardware and software IT issues over the Phone, by email and in person.
Pros
flexible
Opportunities offered to learn and advance. predictability of daily expectations, and requirements. Security of employment and strong potential for consistent life-long employment.
This is a good office to work in, the people are great and the work is rewarding. Everyday you help out members of the canadian armed forces and the bases with the various accounting tasks. However, to due to the administration required for new hires is can take a while for vacancies to be filled.
Great opportunity to support Canadian Armed Forces on deployments around the world. Not for everyone though since military deployments are never your typical 37.5 hour work week. Every day will be different. Living and working with the same people for up to 6 months can be difficult.
Pros
Good salary + tax free allowances when deployed
Cons
Long days, lack of freedom or personal space
The work environment was good and the hours could be flexible when needed. This job allowed me to develop new skills as well as improve on existing ones.
Pros
Great location
Very busy position but enjoyed all of it. Retired in 2011 to travel in the winter with my husband. Have been working from April to November upon my return. If work available I return to help them out.
Pros
Nice people, very interesting environment
Plan, coordinate, manage, monitor, and evaluate the operations and delivery of messes’ activities and facilities. Plan, coordinate, manage, monitor, and evaluate the operations and delivery of bars’ services. Enforce the requirements for health, hygiene, safety, and security standards and programs. Ensure strict enforcement of provincial liquor legislation and DND, CF, and B/W/U policies concerning the responsible serving of alcohol, employee drinking restrictions, and customer behaviour. Manage employees. Manage employees’ work schedules and monitor employees’ performance. Manage employees’ training and development in required certification to meet provincial legislation in bar services. Authorize, monitor and document financial transactions/commitments. Develop and implement marketing strategy for messes’ activities and facilities. Coordinate functions, determine staff requirements and administer the protocol, table settings and arrangements, seating plans, table service and decoration, special menus, and beverage requirements. Manage all messes’ departments to meet operational demands (bars and events). Attend all major messes’ functions to supervise messes’ staff, personally greet and speak with patrons, and administer general arrangements. Respond to membership feedback and messes’ committee’s directives, keep members, PMCs and the responsible managers informed of current issues and concerns, and recommend changes to products or services where appropriate. Develop and prepare messes’ activities, bars operations budgets and business - more...
What more can I say? The environment is unique, extremely dynamic, and provides much advancement opportunity.