Canadian Football League Employee Reviews

Fun environment
Player (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK16 September 2019
Didn't have to wake up early, got to learn all different types of skills to thrive, hardest part of the job is to perform, but that was no problem. The best part of the job was to perform
Pro Football
Athlete (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 March 2019
I love working for the Canadian football league. I've played football In the states and have learned to love my job more since being in Calgary. I love that I get to connect with this community. Go Stamps!
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Seasonal, I only work 6 months out of the year.
distraction
TORONTO Argonauts (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 February 2019
not enough for players to advance or learn from
lead in different direction in regard towards perfessional progression
left stranded by league and PA
Passionate Workforce
Digital Media Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 April 2018
If you have a passion for football you will be in the perfect place. During the season there is little room for a social life outside of the office, depending on your role. Expect to work long hours and any day of the week with games all occurring on off hours. Most if not all employees are all fans of the game and have a passion for the league so working long hours during the season is less work and more a passion. They are all laid back and have a lot of fun during and outside of work but know when to get down to work and deal with tight deadlines and an ever-changing environment.
Pros
Workplace is a lot of fun, passionate people
Cons
Long and odd hours
Practice
Professional Football Player (Former Employee) –  Manitoba26 February 2018
A typical day for a CFL player would be going to practice, meetings and workouts. Off the field activities would be community service for the city that you play in.
The CFL Rules
Vice-President, Communications (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 January 2018
It would take way more space than allotted here for me to describe my time at the CFL It was a dream job. I grew up with a huge appreciation of what the CFL meant to Canadians and sports fans. That wasn't lost on me. To have actually worked at my dream job is something I will relish forever.
Productive and Fun Work Place
Defensive Back (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON13 December 2017
Fun working with different people of all ethnicities and different cultural backgrounds. Atmosphere is demanding, but laid back as well. Everyone working together to achieve the same goal,
Great place for experience
Special Projects Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 September 2017
I loved working at the CFL in the early 90s. I was young and fresh out of university. I loved the collegial atmosphere as we were all under 30s. We were given immense responsibility and lots of opportunities and experience. Not surprisingly, the money was very low but the job has propelled me to many career highlights. Overall it was a great growing experience.
Pros
lots of travel
Cons
low pay
CFL - Not the best
Jr. Coordinator, Events & Production (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 May 2017
Amazing work oppertunity that did not turn out as I expected.
Very low wage, not complete inclusion into the CFL family.

I had the oppertunity to work with some great people and the experience I gained will help me work harder in my next role!

Lack of budget led to lack of meaningful tasks within my role. Lots of office politics.
Energetic and fast paced environment
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 March 2017
Working in professional sports on a national level is very exciting and rewarding. Young culture, very fast paced and wonderful opportunity to work with teams located across Canada.
Pros
Healthy environment, exciting atmosphere
fun place to work at
Graphic Designer/Creative Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 February 2016
dedicated group of people to work with,fun and productive work environment. I gained valuable experience designing for large sports and entertainment events nation wide.
Professional Football
Professional Athlete (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 September 2015
Canada is a great country to play in as a Professional Athlete. The CFL has a lot of great benefits on and off the field. Every day was a blessing just to be able to play with my teammates and coaches.
Enjoyable workplace environment
Player (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 August 2015
Fun work place with management and coach that know how to treat and take care of there players. A good atmosphere to be in and very enjoyable.
productive and efficient
Wide receiver for the Toronto Argonauts (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 May 2015
- Making all my assignments in due time.

- I would learn on what can improve for my position as an employee.

- When it comes to management, As an employee it will tell what are the demands or tasks we're being ask to do and how we should operate during working hours.

-I'm looking forward to get along with every employee at a workplace.

- the hardest part of the job would be doing it without any purpose.

- You get to gain experience, that can be useful when it come to help other individuals and you actually know what you are talking about and making it a fact.
Productive and fun work place with alot of professionalism.
Professional Athlete (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 April 2015
Working for this company helped me mature. It helped me understand the true meanings of hard work and dedication. The hardest part of the job was to put on a frown. I enjoyed this company and im very thankful of what it thought me.
Fun Work
Professional Football Player (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON19 September 2014
Great to go out and do what you love to do everyday. Great experience to be in a professional organization.
Pros
great
Cons
Great
great experience
defensive tackle (Former Employee) –  mississauga,on12 August 2014
in meetings from 7am-11. practice until 1:30 . learned responsibility working well with others . our coaching staff cared but were demanding of your best everyday . teammates were great. hardest part of the job was playing with injuries most enjoyable part was winning a championship with a bunch of great guys
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
long days
Great co-workers
Athlete (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 December 2013
Great couple years, always an awesome time to work for the CFL as a player.
Great place, supportive fans, and football
Professional Athlete (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON28 May 2012
Really great experience, couldn't ask for a better place to play the game of football.