CANADIAN FOOD INSPECTION AGENCY

CANADIAN FOOD INSPECTION AGENCY Employee Reviews

CFIA is responsible for several regulatory mandates related to food safety and animal health. Great people, great employer. You will be very, very well-paid for what you will be asked to do 😊

Pros

Flexible work environment and hours

Cons

As a regulator sometimes overtime is required.

Experience

Not employee but i will more than happy to be part of it since I've been working for a couple of years in this industry.Will be able to explore and learn whatever it takes

Pros

Control sanitation and regulation is a plus

Cons

Equality

Productive and alot to learn

Respectful, Kind and Generous CFIA. Internal interview process is slow. a lot to learn new, new growth opportunities. Must be keen to learn and grow. Everyone motivates alot.

Friendly workplace with supportive colleagues

Everyone is friendly toward each other and willing to help if problem arises. Teamwork is excellent as well as communication. My team have weekly meeting which helps with our tasks and keep everyone up to date from day-to-day work.

Great pay for the hours worked.

Because there is a group dynamic, personalities matter. The supervisors were pleasant, but some lacked a practical understanding of the job. The CFIA organization is government bureaucracy at it's worst. Workers living in the West sent to work in the East, workers from the East sent 2 hours West to do the identical job. No practical sense of efficiency. However, once I turned off my brain & only concerned myself with my personal responsibility, the work was enjoyable & paid twice as much as the private sector for similar skills. Best job ever.

Good

good job no weekends enforce act and regulations deal with outbreaks good benefits as well 15 sick days a year as well as family days thanks for reading

nice place to work for

nice to work for, very educative, information and knowledge lot of experienced people. Lot of information was there to learn and i learnt a lot from the people there.

If you like to think, not the job for you.

Could be a great job but thanks to public sector unions (protect the lazy and incompetent), this environment was toxic. Management was a disaster, so many lazy people with a massive sense of entitlement. Cant count the number of times I heard the phrase 'I'm entitled.' Would never work in a union environment (public or private) again.

Pros

Worked with some amazing people

Cons

Union environment

lack of proper structure combined with phoenix pay nightmare

Worked as an EG 01 Primary Field Inspector. Overall good place to work over the summer (provided you are not unlucky enough to get Phoenix pay system errors), but would not personally choose to make a career out of it if there are other options.

Pros

vacation days payout

Cons

no health benefits at all

Nice place to work, gain lots of experiences

Very good place to work. Have chances to work with high-tech equipment. Learning many new things about processing data as well as trouble shooting instrument

constantly challenged with a small budget but good support structure

stressful but interesting , running a level 3 facility that is 50 years old was a challenge. At times was difficult with senior management constantly changing

Pros

integrity

Cons

long hours, weekends

Great experience

I honestly had a great experience working with this company !

interesting work

Very helpful in providing information to new employees and to orient them to become a very solide new employee with all working tools required to proceed in the job environment.

Terrible place to work

I have had nothing but anxiety and depression since I started working at Cfia, the management is absolutely horrible, they treat there employees like animals. Fallowfield location is a very corrupt facility where the managers seem to get away with anything they want. I hope they have an internal investigation.

Greatest place to work in Saskatoon

The job is wonderful, always learning something new, the people are amazing and become like a second family! The jobs are split into research and diagnostics.

Fastpaced at times but rewarding and easy work

The Canadian Food Inspection agency was an incredibly entertaining and rewarding job with an excellent salary and agreeable work weeks and overtime wages. The work was relatively easy with a low learning curve, even though the work itself could sometimes be fast paced and even stressful.

Great place to work if you are trying to get a government job or into the government. They allow you to move ahead and the management is relaxed. I did my co-op term here and would love to go back to work full time.

Great work environment

Was a summer student doing invasive plant and insect work. absolutely loved it.A great learning environment lots of flexibility and responsibility at the role

The CFIA is a great place for anyone to get a job, with the right background and skills you will have no problem fitting into the job, overall great place to work!

Great

Excellent organization and wonderful team. They respect work-life balance and coordination of care for patients. All staff treated equally and honoured.

Disorganized workplace. Very difficult to advance

Employees have very little job security. Expect to be a term employee for a number of years before receiving a permanent position. Management manipulates and shoves workers around with very little concern of employees needs, desires, or opinions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CANADIAN FOOD INSPECTION AGENCY. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement