Canadian Executive Search Group

Canadian Executive Search Group Employee Reviews

Canada32 reviews
Not very outgoing on explaining the job process, not very organized in relating key information on stress or the extremely fast paced work with much information to retain.
Definitely a place on what not to learn. Extremely poor management, cares more about money than people. Fast paced environment with no training. Bad management = bad environment. Would give a zero rating.
In Canadian executive search group company I have learned number of things such it helps us that how to check the parts of cars perfectly. It also helps us to be united at the workplace.
Got a recruitment job after college not knowing what to expect. Pay was bad but was no surprise coming right out of school. But after talking with the other workers, the pay doesn't get better even after years of working there. No room for advancement.
Very stressful job with the owner's barking at everything all day and night. Need to be ready to make calls and answer all calls up to 10 pm. If you're driving and you miss a call, or miss a call for any reason, you're scolded for it.

VP was the worst part of the job. Horrible individual. VP would call my manager drunk while she was on vacation and yell at him about nothing. Major power control issues. Micromanaged every aspect of every day.

If you're coming out of school looking for an HR job, look anywhere else.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Horribly run company, Work is never good enough, Always complaining about something, Completely unprofessional VP
Got injured on the job pretty badly
Canadian executive search group did nothing to protect me plus they knew of bad accidents happening at job site and allowed it to continue I been off work now 8 months with a severe upper body injury requires surgery so that’s putting off even longer total time will be over a year off of work

Don’t work here - look elsewhere for job

And when you complain your looked at as the bad guy
hard to get a full time position,therefore the job was guaranteed to be your own.it was good place to work, the management was good as well but it was just so difficult to get a full time position.
Work balance was pretty good here.
They gave good assignment details and stay in contact with employees all the time.

Yes, it was very nice and cool to work with them.
Pros
Stable work hours
I only worked for this company as a temp, and only for one position. For the time I did work with them, it was a good placement. However I feel the communication could use improvement, and there was a week where I didn't get paid even though I sent in my time card. Once I was able to contact the person in charge of payroll, she did rectify it quickly, but I was surprised that it was my responsibility to call the head office (rather than the local office taking care of it for me).

Overall a fair experience.
Cons
Poor communication
It was a great experience to work with Canadian Executive search group because they facilitate me with a flexible working schedule and I learned a lot about how quality management works and how to adjust in different places with different people.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Job security
They were very helpful in helping me get a good job. People are very nice and did what it took to help me find a job to fit what I was looking for. Also called to make sure I was liking my job after a week of working.
I've had the opportunity to work for CES a couple of times. They have always helped me and have always been very professional. I had a payroll issue once and they cleared it up quickly. Hard part is finding a job that suits me but the best part is they are always willing to help me. I would highly recommend this company.
Pros
Great company
The finance manager/recruiter is very passive aggressive and has an ego the size of the moon. Cares about his bottom line not his clients. I suggest you seek a different job recruitment company.
I have been working through CES for quite a few years now and have never had any problems with the placement personnel there. Pays are always on time and in the bank every Friday morning as required. Some placements are better than others but, that's not the fault of CES as I've been seeing in a few reviews here! It's the fault of the companies requesting personnel and the image they give of their needs that seem to make it hard for CES to give the proper/right information to the employees about the jobs they are being placed with! I have found that all jobs through a placement agency (No Matter Where) are always temporary to a "possible" permanent position and the term "full time" refers to full time hours per week and not that "Dream Job for Life"!
Pros
Excellent people to deal with at CES.
Cons
That "Dream Job for Life is Only a Dream"!
I worked 3 days on the third shift they let me know i wound not be working for the 40 days, I got my paycheck the week after and i was only paid for 2 days they had crossed out my first day at work. The management was incredibly poor.
Pros
Hourly wage
Cons
Poor management
Temp agency had bad experience. Found me a job but the job would call me one day tell me to come in then call next day tell me my shift is cancelled happened every day then they’d call me later and tell me shift was back on so didn’t last long
My dealing with this company was not good.

I needed full time work closer to home so I decided to leave my FULLTIME secure job and put my fate in their hands.

The recruiter assured me it was fulltime with benefits and it was an assembly line!!

When I got there it was freezing basically a small garage with 15 people standing at 2 tables. No assembly line and the owner advised us that the company was moving to China in June . So fulltime it wasn't. HONESTY is the best policy but all I got were lies. Horrible way to run a company!! I left after 4 hours and would never reccommend CES to anyone!!
Cons
Good to work for and would refer to others I have a few jobs with them.The people are very good to talk to and to find work thanks .Hope to be hire to another company soon
Dangerous lift-truck drivers,& efficiency was not there. Way too many people for jobs at hand & also worked too close to each other,which in turn caused fights to erupt. I learned a lot about he products but did not want a full-time job at this placement. The most enjoyable of the job-leaving!
Pros
received a free lunch bag from CES for not mising any time
Cons
Way too many people for the tasks
I was fortunate enough to be a member for CES for over 3 years. Having no direct industry experience (only an HR Diploma) I was given an opportunity to get into recruiting and I am thankful for the opportunity I had to grow with this company. I had the chance to work as a regular employee and as a part of the management team. In both instances, the management team was fair and driven and gave each recruiter the opportunity to thrive.

The commission rates you are given are the best in the industry, and as recruiters, you have a chance to work on ALL openings making your income potential, endless.

We are asked to be on-call and to fill orders after hours but we were also compensated for this by bonuses. The more you stay organized the less you will have to spend after hours filling positions.

Lastly, CES is not the most known agency out there but in the coming years, they will be because of the drive the executive team has. I had an amazing experience here and would recommend new or experienced recruiters to keep an eye out on openings.
Pros
Opportunity, Great Team, Atmosphere, Management
Our supervisor is fantastic and treats everyone fairly. Hours can be a roller coaster: sometimes there's more work than we have workers, and other times you get time off you don't want because there isn't enough work for everyone. This is full-time and pay is only minimum wage now but is paid weekly and accurately. The work is a mix of being interesting or repetitive, having to be done within a specific time limit or at the pace of the cell, and there's days when you are sent from one place to another.
The hardest part of the work is a lot of the new people don't stick with it and just randomly don't come to work, and the job you're working on could be stopped without notice.

The best part of the work is there's lots to learn, it's interesting most of the time, it's a laid-back atmosphere, and our core working group is awesome.
Pros
Supervisor watches out for the workers; interesting work
Cons
Hours aren't guaranteed
I had a great experience with Canadian executive search group. They were made aware that I needed to find employment within a relatively short time frame, one week later I started at my place of employment. Contrary to other employment agencies in the city, who can take many months to help you gain full time employment. I found the staff to be professional and easy to deal with. Canadian executive research group is hands down the agencies to use.
Pros
Much quicker than other agencies & Good staff
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Executive Search Group. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9