CANADIAN ENERGY

CANADIAN ENERGY Employee Reviews

Canada18 reviews
I worked there for 6 months good people like a family very active place nice people but salary it's not that good but still a nice place to work if you like to stay active
Pros
Good envuronent
Cons
Nothing to say
24 June 2020
It sounds like you enjoyed the positive energy and comradery of our Montreal Branch and we are delighted to hear that. At CE we understand that compensation is a big part of the employee experience, after all everyone has bills to pay, obligations to meet and leisure activities to pursue. We have Branches from coast to coast and we ensure that our salaries are in keeping with wages for the role and the area. Everyone here makes well over minimum wage; no matter what province you are in! If you feel you are contributing above average work, we strongly encourage you to discuss that with your Manager, at any time. Don’t wait for your review, share your thoughts, ideas and enthusiasm. That’s the Honest, Humble and Hungry way!
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at CE. Your perspective helps us to learn more and do better and we wish you all the best in the future.
Very chill atmosphere, as long as you are working and getting task completed. Very little opportunity to grow or move up. Wages are very stagnant and not the greatest. Good if you are just starting out.
If you're looking to join an organization that will keep your mind and body active this is a great, Canadian-owned and operated organization to consider. The building blocks are in place and you are provided the resources and knowledge to succeed. Canadian Energy operates across many different locations in Canada yet you feel a strong sense of comradery and engagement... from entry-level roles to upper management, others are always available to assist and provide insight to help you succeed.

I am proud to tell friends and family I work for a 100% Canadian Owned and operated organization that provided me a legitimate opportunity to advance and maintain a work-life balance.
Managment has no issues with lieing to customers and staff. Product is poor. Some staff have no product knowledge or training. So many better places to work and buy batteries.
Pros
Cons
No ethics
11 December 2019
At CE we encourage learning and value the contributions of every team member. It is unfortunate that you felt under-trained. Over the past few years we have worked to expand our available training to include online resources through a commercial Human Resources platform for our team and we utilize our YouTube channel, to ensure that information is available to our customers, as well as our staff. We are proud of our product and believe that every successful member of our team strives to live up to our Honest, Humble and Hungry values.
We wish you every success in your future endeavors.
When i worked at the laval location i worked hard because i saw we all worked hard. Some of the guys would dance in the middle of picking an order but it just enforced the positive attitude we had, we'd laugh together, we'd have company lunches together and we always got the job done on time, no one was a number. We all got along well, the manager worked alongside us when it got busy and was and is still a good leader. Not many managers take the time to listen to their people and he would; I accepted this job because of the manager, his people skills and the ambience as well. It isnt always sunshine and rainbows when it gets really busy but you can sense that everyone has a fire lit inside them to make sure we get through it together. Even the head office guys would make sure to come say hi when they came down, I would still work here if i didn't have to move back to Niagara. Definitely would recommend!
5 December 2019
As a former teammate, you understand that our focus must always be on providing exceptional service for our customers. And, that takes a lot of hard work and commitment on the part of every team member at CE. We are extremely happy to hear that the work didn’t overshadow your experience of our positive work culture.

We give our all to build each team with like-valued people who are a fit for the culture we’ve curated. Our values are Honest, Humble and Hungry, and it sounds like you found that a good fit yourself. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and on behalf of the whole team at CE, we wish you every success in the future!
The main difference I see from this company is the company culture. Being a product of the values, expectations and environment that is set.

Repeatedly we see that no matter which position you are in we are all humble students to one another, Nurturing a creative environment and collectively helping to find a way to be innovative - this is shown from the top to the bottom. The justification is in our growth; the justification for our growth is in our people.
5 December 2019
At CE we value the contributions of every team member and look to our leaders to provide the guidance and recognition we expect. Sometimes, that can be the hardest job of all. The success of each and every branch rests with its team and their ability to work together to provide outstanding customer service for our customers. Branch success leads to growth, and then an opportunity for everyone to develop new skills and embrace new responsibilities. Thank you for leading by example!
Job and company are wonderful. Great management, very friendly staff.
Excellent work environment. This is one of the best place a employee can desire to work for.
5 December 2019
We aim to be exceptionally diligent as it relates to building our team with like-valued people who are a fit for the culture we've curated over the past 30-years. Our culture is based primarily on 3 things: trust, accountability, and hard work. It seems you really ‘get it’ and we’re delighted to have you onboard.
I have been with Canadian Energy since July of 2018 and I have enjoying working for the company. Always have been treated fair and respected. Canadian Energy is a National Company with branches from Victoria to the Maritimes and there is multiple opportunities to advance your career. I started in Regina and have since moved to the branch in Langley as the Senior Branch Associate. Our company is growing and there is room for advancement no matter of race, gender or physical stature. Come work for Canadian Energy and join our amazing team.
22 November 2019
As it relates to filling job vacancies, or hiring for newly created positions, we always begin the same way. We begin by looking for the values that drive that person day-to-day, inside and outside of their career. Experience is important, absolutely. But, we recognize that success isn’t just what you’ve accomplished in your life. It’s also about what you inspire others to do. We believe in energy: positive energy. Big egos and bad attitudes simply don’t succeed here. We just get after it and try to have some fun along the way.

Thanks, so much for your review. It’s pretty obvious that you’re enjoying the challenging and rewarding career Canadian Energy can offer to those who choose to possess a positive, "whatever it takes" attitude. No doubt in our mind that you are inspiring others along your way. And for this, we say thank you so very much!
I have been with Canadian Energy for just over 3 years and I wouldn't recognize the business from the day I started. All aspects have grown from sales to management to employee numbers. Personal growth in company is available as long as you apply yourself. fair competitive salaries. Management encourages new ideas to make more efficient and positive workplace.
22 November 2019
We try to be exceptionally diligent as it relates to building our team with like-valued people who are a fit for the culture we've curated over the past 30-years. Our culture is based primarily on 3 things: trust, accountability, and hard work. We want all of our team members on an equal footing, so that we're all pulling in the same direction.
Thank you for your review. It would seem that you’re not only pulling in the same direction as your teammates, but you’re also one of our anchors. All the best!
Horrible working environment. Worse management ever dealt with. Doesn’t listen to your concerns and opinions. Mentally and physically exhausting every shift. Those above you will sit on their butts all day and expect the “Branch Associate” to finish all the work. Ratings based on experience there. Avoid!!!!
12 November 2019
Canadian Energy isn’t for everyone. It’s a great fit for people that wake up each morning with a fire inside to make something happen and build a great life for themselves.

We’re sorry you felt your experience was a bad one. As a former teammate, you know that our primary focus must be on delivering outcomes. Our customers are our “North Star,” and their outcomes guide everything we do.

Over the past three decades, the bedrock of our confidence comes from our people. The best people, the best culture—this is what makes everything else possible. Make no mistake, we believe in accountability and we live and breathe our values: Honest, Humble, and Hungry. This is a high-paced work environment for all of our team members. That includes everyone regardless of their position on the team.

Any Honest, Humble and Hungry person can have a rewarding career at Canadian Energy. It begins by looking in the mirror and asking yourself each day, ”What will I do to serve others today?”

Good luck in all your future endeavours.
Avoid this branch unless you are a white male. As long as you fall in the category of "Other" you will be made to feel as though you should be thankful for being hired. No pay increases or incentives. Cheapest management possible. Most you get is a used pen. Discrimination is felt and you will only come across as xomplaining
12 November 2019
We take discrimination, and accusations of discrimination, very seriously. If you feel strongly about your accusation, we encourage you to reach out to our Human Resources Department who will expeditiously open an investigation. We are here to deliver the best possible outcomes to our customers and we believe that having Honest, Humble, Hungry employees serves that interest. Discrimination is not in our DNA and we actively work to make sure it is not practiced in our company. Please reach out via email at careers@cdnrg.com.
The sister runs saskatoon. She leaves the whole day or visits with personal friends in the office. She writes core cheques for her family and no product ever returned to justify the transaction and puts other people's names down.In the amount of thousands. Her brothers turn a blind eye.racist towards natives. Say anything be fired
12 November 2019
These are very serious allegations you have brought to our attention. If you feel strongly about the accuracy and sincerity of your accusation, we encourage you to reach out to our Human Resources Department who will expeditiously open an investigation. We are here to support all parties involved and to promote success in our Honest, Humble, and Hungry way. Please reach out via email at careers@cdnrg.com.
Excellent company to work for and growing like crazy
Would highly recommend to those seeking a career with unlimited opportunity and growth

do not hesitate to contact them with your resume
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
12 November 2019
The bedrock of our confidence comes from our people. The best people, the best culture—this is what makes everything else possible. We believe in accountability and we live and breathe our values: Honest, Humble, and Hungry. Thank you for your contributions to our culture, values and success. We wish you the best in your future endeavours.
This was an amazing place to work with great co workers and superiors.
Very good benefits and policies.

However the company decided to downsize and after a 5 year journey ,during my 8 month of pregnancy myself and many others were laid off.

Unfortunately this came as a big life changing milestone for me ,as upon my maternity leave completion I was put in a situation to start from scratch with regards to employment .

I maintained a very good relationship with my former boss which also left the company ,in the past years he has given me various side projects to work on from home during my mat leave.
Pros
Great attitude overall
Cons
downsized without notice
Free company lunches, long days, undervalued, not appreciated. company travel, company culture needs to be overhauled top to bottom. travel is both the best and worst part of this job
12 November 2019
As a former teammate, you know that our primary focus is first and foremost our customers. They are our “North Star,” and their outcomes guide everything we do.
Thanks for being part of our Honest, Humble and Hungry culture, we wish you every success in your future.
Most enjoyable job that I have ever had. So sad not to be working there at present. Good people to work with. Satisfying work, with so much to learn in a progressively growing and advancing industry.
14 November 2019
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Canadian Energy. We wish you every success in the future.
Canadian Energy is a good place to work. The general feel of the company is relaxed but everyone across the country works very hard to reach their targets and get the work done.
Growing company that kept its family based caring attitude; long days and sometimes long days away from home, but well paid and excellent benefits; initially difficult learning the ropes as mudman as well as drilling rig operations, but coworkers and supervisors very helpful.