Canadian College of Business, Science and Technology Employee Reviews

"Great opportunity for self development"
Call Centre Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON11 July 2019
I have been working at CCBST College full-time for more than a year...
- Work is on campus
- Hours are great
- You get to learn more by teaching other people
- It's overall rewarding
Pros
"Nice co-workers, Nice work environment"
Cons
Everything was more than perfect
Great place for full timers
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON4 July 2019
CCBST College is an excellent place to work. The people, environment and culture are all focused on the pursuit of education and knowledge sharing. It is an environment best suited for full time rather than contract work.
Pros
Flexibility, Supportive, Meaningful work
Cons
Hard work
Great pay, meet great people and flexible scheduling
Admissions Officer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 June 2019
I worked here for 1 year while in college. Can be hard work some days but its worth it. Tips plus a good hourly pay. Was able to advance to a management position quickly. Most enjoyable part was the great people I met. Met professional people on jobs and made some lifelong friends. Definitely one of the top college jobs around.
Pros
Great pay, flexible scheduling
Cons
Hard work
CCBST is Great
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON14 June 2019
Great atmosphere for studies and connecting with People. CCBST College is one the best community colleges in Canada. The college campus is modern and highly technologically developed. Students from all over the world come here to get a better education. Especially students from South Asian countries, such as India, China, Bangladesh, come here a lot.. Transportation is available all the time. So, anyone can reach here anytime.
Pros
Great Staff and excellent campus
Cons
No Cons, ..
A excellent opportunity for personal growth
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON31 May 2019
CCBST is an excellent place to work. The people, environment and culture are all focused on the pursuit of education and knowledge sharing. It is an environment best suited for full time rather than contract work.
Pros
fun people to be with
Cons
weekly work hours are short
Stay away! Find Another job if you are not Indian
Admin (Former Employee) –  North York, ON13 May 2019
Any good review you see for this place is from the owners! stay away
-Poor work environment
-Unhealthy work
-The management encourage gossip
-If you are not Indian don't even bother to apply
-Always speaking in their language in front of you
Rude boss! Rude team
Worst place I've ever worked, unstable working environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 October 2018
Stay away from this place. Too much work, low pay and poor management. Working facilities are inadequate.
Majority of the staff is well qualified and experienced. Many people were also doing other peoples jobs, which was highly stressful and impacted hugely on health.
Pros
Outstanding teachers at the college who pushed and wanted the best for the students
Cons
Too much to do and merging of roles meant long working hours, Constant job insecurity due to redundancies, Buck passing and dishonesty, focus on income, people scared to speak out, inadequate working facilities
The head of the organization was not as expected
N/A (Former Employee) –  North York, ON25 September 2018
I was called for the second interview to meet the head of the organization. I waited for more then 40-45 mins but he did not met me. In spite of him there was another girl who met me who was kind and smart. She took my interview and it went well & now have been called again for the third 1.
My concern is if the head is not interested then why he calls those people who desperately needs job to waste their time & to make them feel he is in need.
Working culture was seems to be okay but i can imagine how this person would be treating anyone.
Stay Away
Paralegal Instructor (Former Employee) –  North York1 August 2018
I went to an interview. The Campus Director showed zero interest in asking the questions and took less than 4 minutes. She asked 3 questions which she apologized for asking and visibly appeared uninterested.Then she asked how much money I wanted and then that was it the interview ended abruptly when presumably I stated the wrong no.. The most unprofessional interview I have ever had. I am not sure what kind of instructor this school is looking for but the Campus Director made it clear she is simply going through the motions, could care less who she is hiring and has zero interview or people skills. Wow what a negative impression.
Great Staff
Admissions Officer (Former Employee) –  North York, ON6 April 2018
There are great people that work at the school from instructors to administration staff but the pay is very low and there is a lot of pressure from management to perform
This is a scam not a college
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON15 June 2017
It's just a money making business. Employees are insulted in front of students and other staff members. Anyone can work here without any educational background or experience. Too much politics and the employer is not even bother for anything. every month or so there will be a complete staff change. students were never happy.
Feel pity on people who studied in this scam college. No future for them at all.
Pros
nothing is good
Cons
everything is bad
Poor Management
School Staff (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario12 April 2017
Avoid this place at all cost! The positive reviews are created by the management itself. Too much work, low pay, no structure, and salary is given late for unexplained reasons.
Pros
Fixed schedule
Cons
This school is not managed properly
Reception / Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 March 2017
I work with a small team of 6 administrative staff members and many instructors. It is a good workplace and I have been giving my best both to my work and the organization.
Management needs improvement
Staff (Former Employee) –  Ontario26 February 2017
Most of the school staff and instructors are working very hard, but management has to analyze a proper work balance instead of taking several breaks and a shut eye. Staff and instructors tend to be overworked due to poor task delegation from the management, which results to the employee being stressed out. I lost count of how many times I've seen an employee almost passing out or arriving to work sick especially on very busy days.

But as a start up job for anyone who wants to gain experience and knows multitasking, I can say this company gives you a lot of it.
Pros
Fixed work schedule
Cons
Poor management
Great Workplace
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 February 2017
I've been working at CCBST for 9 months. None of the negative reviews reported are true (at least not anymore). I'm paid well, respected, am given time off when family situations arrive and management listens.

Students love their classrooms and instructors. Its a very positive environment for everyone.
Pros
accessible management, flexible hours, nice work space
Cons
technology needs an upgrade but weve been told this is happening
I don't know if i can call this a college but hey....
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario9 November 2016
This place lacks organization, professionalism and ethics. Workers work enough not to get fired and they get paid enough not to quit. So obviously costumer service is dead, english is not the first language and everybody is scared of the BOSS.
Very shady type of business when it comes to government loans and grants.
Pros
Co-workers, Students and Instructors
Great place
Admissions Officer (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON20 April 2016
Great place to work with very supportive staff
opportunity to meet new students
Good benefits
Good salary
Team work.
Cool environment.
Great people.
fun place to work at. Excellent Administrator, very help full
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON19 April 2016
I like multi culture environment. I have taught at this place and found new things to learn every day. I had to leave as I moved out the area and it is too far for me.
Pros
Flexible hours. Respect for all
Minimum Wage For Illegal Work
Staff (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON15 January 2016
The highest paid employee makes $16 an hour.
Most employees make minimum wage or less.
Everything is unorganized and a lot of fraud going on.
The place is a chaotic zoo, totally mind blowing and insane.
None of the students can even pass their basic college entrance test. Most of the students do not know how to use a computer.

The teachers are unqualified and are paid minimum wage.
Students freaking out on regular basis.
They do not provided training to any employees.

None of the equipment or computers work properly.

You are expected to work an extra 30 hours a week plus weekends for free and no paid travel. Nobody gets raises either.

You are allowed zero sick days.

Management just turns the other way and pretends everything is great when everything is terribly wrong and out of control.

I'm surprised there hasn't been a riot in that place.

Avoid this place at all costs, you will regret it for the rest of your life!
Worse place to work
instructor (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON12 January 2016
Very cheap, unorganized, unprepared . They enrol everyone even if they do not have the proper skills. They don't have people who have last alot with their job there They pay very low but expects alot in return
Pros
Nothing really
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian College of Business, Science and Technology. Our community is ready to answer.

Canadian College of Business, Science and Technology Reviews by Location