Canadian Cancer Society Employee Review

View all Canadian Cancer Society reviews

Excellent Work and Life Balance
Network Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 December 2013
Everyday brought challenges of managing over 40+ sites in multiple provinces with widely different needs. In this supporting staff of over six hundered on a daily basis. The Society has over 70,000 volunteers who have access to various parts of the computer network. Strict and rigid access control management is in place and checked.

Working and large WAN has its challenges with providing access to all sites to our modernized data centre. Making sure we have the highest up-time possible.

Management to which I report to is excellent, second to none. Working with my co-workers is a pleasure. Being part of a very small team, which very large responsibility is very enjoyable.

Working is such a dynamic environment has brought my technical skills up to date. With updated Server farms to 2008 +, deployment of WAN Accelerators, implementation and maintenance of VoIP systems. With my time here, learning is something that you do a daily basis.
Pros
Summer Fridays
Cons
Non Profit, Small Room for Advancement

Other Canadian Cancer Society Employee Reviews

productive work environment with foosball table
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON12 April 2018
A typical day at work consists of knocking on doors and meeting new people, with the intentions to possibly get an on-going donor for the Canadian Cancer Society.
productive and fun work place as it had fooseballs
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON6 April 2018
in this job, i learned how to interact with people and be more convincing. i have learned to handle rejection from this job and be more confident yet after that. the hardest part was to go door-to-door and the most enjoyable part was that i get to travel different places and meet new people every minute of the work.