Canadian Cancer Society

Canadian Cancer Society Employee Reviews

Canada175 reviews
fun environment and welcoming community
A nice place to work at. The people were very welcoming, and the volunteering helped pass time. It was also fun because of the runner and the people passing by.
Supportive and collaborative environment
Very supportive and collaborative environment with fun individuals. The job can be stressful but your co-workers will be your greatest assets as you work to reach your goals.
Able to learn new things
Unable to get any permanent job as funding was stopped by the government. I would suggest to work for other health care agencies to volunteer which do not close abruptly.
Pros
Exposure to canadian health care system
Cons
Agency closed its office so no more options to volunteer there
Making a difference for people living with cancer and their families
Sophisticated organization that hires the best, gives great opportunities for growth, encourages innovation and collaboration. Focused on advancing research and better outcomes for cancer patients. Recognizes achievements
Volunteer driver do it because you can
A volunteer position that I do to help those who are being treated for cancer in Kelowna. I start at 7:00am and drive to Kelowna sometimes stopping in Vernon to pick up an overload passenger. My job is get the people there and back. They are always appreciative. May have to wait two hours for everybody to finish treatment then back we go. Unpaid but patient gratitude and helping people on their way is everything you could ask for. If you have a soul and you can drive up to eight people in a tall van you can help too. If you have to ask why then don`t apply.
It a nice place to work
Great place to work. The staff and volunteers at the local office are amazing. It can get hectic but everyone pulls together. Be prepared to work hard but the work is very rewarding.
There are many passionate people at CCS and their commitment to success is contagious. It's a great environment to work in. The management if fair and focus.
Productive but fun work environment.
Pros
The people who work there actually want to be there
Cons
hectic at times
Waste of donor money
Donor money is not valued as it should at this company and the mass marketing team spend on obsolete activities such as expensive direct mail packages with minimum marketing ROI and weak justification.
expect over and above what is in your job description
Very stressful working environment. Constant need to meet different quotas. Expect you to do more and more as they let employees go from the society, Nothing is ever good enough.
Pros
feel you are making a difference in fund-raising
Cons
Never enough, no sense of accomplishment
Great Place to work
Productive and fun volunteering experience
Throughout this volunteering experience, I learnt how to use the program called CRM where we input all the information. It was such a big honour to served those of whom suffering by Cancer
Top down directive management
There is very high expectation of volume of work compared to how you are compensated. Collaborative and group problem solving is not supported. Many level management and many layoffs YOY.
As a volunteer an amazing environment
This environment is amazing. They give you a lot of opportunities to volunteer in numerous of ways, and also include numerous amounts of local activities.
Great People
The job was very fulfilling and I enjoyed all the great people as well as the environment.

I was not a paid employee, though I was handed all the tasks of an Administrative Assistant, as I was there on practicum with Red River College.

I felt like I was apart of the company.
I will miss my job
The people are amazing and the company is dedicated to bettering itself and fighting cancer. Amazing experience that I will always cherish and look to come back to.
Great Staff and Great Opportunity
All the staff is well informed and are very hard workers. It was a pleasure to work alongside them. I would highly recommend this position for anyone interested in getting a foot in the door of the Nonprofit sector.
Great work environment
The upper management is stuck in the past, not experienced enough to move the organization forward.
Great team culture and supportive colleagues.

Great salaries and benefits
Fun
Volunteering is CCS is extremely fun. You get to meet so many people.
It as a positive environment. Not stressful depending on what role you decide to take on
Management support and training was lacking
Not much support or training for the job. Mentor ship would have been a big help. Felt good to do the work which would benefit the community .
Good work culture mixing with other departments
It’s a good cause.
It’s a very good cause that offers a multitude of opportunities within the organization. The staff and other volunteers create a welcoming environment, it is a nice place to be.
Very fun place to work and atmosphere to be apart of.
All the work I did at the Canadian Cancer Society was strictly on a volunteer basis. My cousin was diagnosed with cancer and i shaved my head and raised money. After raising thousands of dollars I feel very proud of my acomplishments from all of my friends to my family. Every at the Cancer Society also made me feel incredibly about myself and what i was doing.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Cancer Society. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3