Canadian Cancer Society Employee Reviews

Not Profit
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 September 2018
getting your work form inbox. you get to learn different services that are offered. Culture is easy . Hardest part is not able to serve the clients due to lack of financial support.
Pros
friendly atmostphere
Cons
little chance of being fulltime
Spreading awareness
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 August 2018
As a volunteer we learnt the ways of identifying cancer. Everyone is friendly and knows what they're doing. Great atmosphere, great people and overall great time.
nice and quiet
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 June 2018
good and quiet workplace and relaxing the people there where really nice and kind. it was really easy to get to there. and it was easy to learn how to do data entry
Pros
a/c
Cons
nothing
YouthCAN team leader (volunteer) (Former Employee) –  London, ON14 May 2018
Productive workplace with super friendly staff. The supervisor always bring in free food
lots of interaction with co-workers, as we always come together and discuss many issues
Productive and interesting place to work
Regional Volunteer Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 May 2018
A great place to work. Management superb. Hardest part of job was leaving due to husbands relocation within the province. The most enjoyable part of my job was working as an individual within a team and culture that was one of assistance to those in need of help.
productive work environment with foosball table
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON12 April 2018
A typical day at work consists of knocking on doors and meeting new people, with the intentions to possibly get an on-going donor for the Canadian Cancer Society.
productive and fun work place as it had fooseballs
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON6 April 2018
in this job, i learned how to interact with people and be more convincing. i have learned to handle rejection from this job and be more confident yet after that. the hardest part was to go door-to-door and the most enjoyable part was that i get to travel different places and meet new people every minute of the work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 March 2018
Sorting and distributing of mail. I did not learn anything on job aside from job specific training. I have no comments on management, workplace culture, the hardest part of the job and the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
No comments
Cons
No comments
Best Place to work
Fundraising Coordinator (Waterloo, Brantford (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON6 February 2018
EWB is absolutely a place to work. They allow flexibility, travel, advancement and always pour as much energy as possible into their employees. They love strong willed and driven individuals.
many nice people to work with. friendly working environment.
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 January 2018
Colleagues are supportive and helpful. Working schedule is very flexible. You can come early in the morning and leave early in the afternoon as long as you have worked 8 hours a day.
It was really engaging and fun
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON8 January 2018
The supervisors were really informative and it was fun to engage with others and advertise for such a good cause. Work was done in a team so the environment was really comfortable as you were also working together.
Fun Learning Experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON15 December 2017
Volunteering at the Canadian Cancer was an unique experience that allowed me to help raising funds for people who's lives are affected by cancer. The people I worked with motivated me to work hard due to their dedication to their job.
Good Cause
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK22 October 2017
Volunteering with the canadian cancer society is fun and beneficial. You learn lots and your time/hours are always accounted for. Never feels like a waste of time, always fun
Pros
fun
Cons
no cons
A great place to work
Administrative Assistant (Volunteer) (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 October 2017
Excellent staff, very supportive, Organized.

Overall a great place to work.

A good place for Volunteering and growing your network.

I enjoyed it.
Great place to volunteer
Volunteer, Reception & Administration (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 October 2017
Staff at the Canadian Cancer Society are very appreciative of all the volunteers. They make sure they are scheduled so their time is well used and training is often offered to learn new skills.
Pros
Feel good to help people.
Cons
Don't have any.
Job culture was great
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 October 2017
working for a cause made the work rewarding. Got to know many people and enjoy the work experience. got to get my administrative expiration for school here.
experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC17 September 2017
The experience at this community was very interesting and really exausting. I learned a lot about the lives of people going through Cancer. Also, helping them.
Pros
free food
Cons
boring
This was a volunteer positon
(CCS) - Patient Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 September 2017
I spent three years volunteering at the Canadian Cancer Society. I made many connections that both helped me professionally and personally. It was by far the best volunteer/job that I have ever had.
Pros
Amazing Staff
Cons
You did not want to leave
Productive and Fun place to work
Exhibitor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 September 2017
Working at Canadian Cancer Society has open up doors for me to educate the public about the health risk of smoking to smokers.

I learned how to multitask and work well with my members.

The workplace culture is very diverse even though the employees hired are Chinese- Canadians.

The most challenging part of the job is to ask for donation

Talking to people about the health risk of smoking and convincing them to sign
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Long shifts
Canadian Cancer Society great place
Fundraiser Regional Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB5 August 2017
I enjoyed working at CCS, as this was a personal motivation for me, the atmosphere was fantastic. I traveled alot to Winnipeg, do not care to do that any more.
Non-profits struggle now and days, and this is something that I do not care to continue with, overall great place to work.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Had to fill budgets get money