Canadian Brewhouse Employee Reviews

productive and fun
Cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 September 2018
its nice to work in this company its has a long hour shift and having a good relation to your conworkers.its a very nice experince to work in tvis company
Pros
free lunch
All the opportunities
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB18 August 2018
They promote from within if you show your worth. Lots of incentives to do better. Ongoing training. Certificates for top servers and top bartenders. Free (ish) food. Scholarships to students. Wicked atmosphere.
Pros
Incentives/ promotions/ scholarships/ tips
amazing
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC13 August 2018
Wonderful staff and management. Overall my favorite workplace yet. Made you really want to strive for success and treat each other like family. recommend to anyone.
full job experince
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 August 2018
I had personallynever workewd full time till i had this job on the LINE and oh boy was i in for a wake up call. the training was harsh and tough and as a 19 year old surronded by 40 year old cooks it was a very frustrating at times. although my manager was an awsome guy the general manager of the store did not care one bit about the Cook staff, line or prep
Pros
free lunch
Cons
closing takes super long
Overall i enjoyed my time at The Candian Brewhouse
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB31 July 2018
Overall I enjoyed working at The Canadian Brewhouse, it was my first serving job, i learned lots from the team and will keep the skills i learned with me throughout my future jobs.
Candadian brewcrew
Server (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB23 July 2018
I quite enjoyed working at the brewhouse, you were able to make good money for yourself if you were ontop of things. Hours were tiring sometimes but thats the life of a teenager,
managment were friendly and helpful, hardest part was if you were short staffed for a busy night, but everyone helps eachother out, All the girls were lovely to meet
Pros
tips
Cons
hours
Exausting and Stressful
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, AB8 July 2018
Working in the kitchen as a line cook you work 8-12 hours. There is no forgiveness from FOH staff if you are unable to make them something.
Asking for a raise while being a good employee will get you 50 cents if you're lucky. The company treats it's staff like they are disposable and like we deserve no life outside of the kitchen.
The best family you could ask for
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 June 2018
Name says it all. To put it as simply as possible, the owner of this company will meet you one day, and remember you 2 years later. Name and everything.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Obnoxious Customers on occasion.
worst place i ever worked
Regional Chef (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB23 May 2018
hired me as a management position, used me to train and run food truck for 6 months, tried to say they didnt hire me for said position even though HR sent me a hire package, wrongful termination, no notice, long legal battle currently in lawsuit
Pros
Cons
terrible enviroment
Management was sub par. Pay was menial, and you were forced to pay for walk outs.
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John14 May 2018
The management hardly cared if you had an issue or a complaint with how things were being run. They cared little for anybody but themselves, which is why they only have 2 members of the original hiring staff a year after they opened. Management included. If someone walked out on a bill, it wouldn't matter if it was a $3 bill, or a $300 bill. You were expected to pay for every cent on that receipt. All Front of House Staff had to tip out, slow days you would actually have to pay out of pocket if you didn't make good enough tips.
Pros
They let you have a paycheque. They also let you go home.
Cons
Pay was pitiful, management disrespectful, management's ability to resolve problems (such as fights) = 0

Want to know more about Canadian Brewhouse?

Ask a question
Self absorbed
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 April 2018
Everyone above general managers is selfish , They look out for themselves and how they can benifit , The SM’s and AGM’s are often great but can’t cause the changes needed , The bartenders and servers and porters don’t have a voice and even when we do our reviews nothing ever changes it’s the same always , So unless you know somebody and are best friends with the company higherups you won’t go far with this company , lots of fun everyday staff , its is on the way down as they build more and more
Pros
Servers and coworkers
Cons
GMs regionals, selfishness, no humane traits
Server (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK20 March 2018
Tips are good, hours are not. Best servers only get three shifts a week, perfect job for someone in school but not so much if you're looking for full time work.
Creative and enjoyable place to work
Line cook/ Prep cook (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB6 February 2018
- Increased my cooking skills
-Excellent management who made us feel important
- Preparation could take 8 hours sometimes
- The community surrounding the team
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Rushed orders
Not great,
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC10 January 2018
Low pay, told if we didn't like it here that we could be replaced and to not let the door hit us on the way out. The cooks lost their free meals and in just a year and a half of being open almost all the management is different. One day a customer walked out without paying and the response was for the waitress to either accept a mark against her or pay for his meal.
Pros
The family was fantastic before everyone quit at the same time.
Cons
Treated like we could be replaced.
Productive and fun workplace
Food Preparation (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB26 December 2017
I learned how to manage my time to finished my tasks everyday. For one year im the one who did all the vegies preparations then after a year im the one who did all kinds of sauces
Pros
Free lunch
It is fun while you learn new things
Prep - Cook (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB10 December 2017
Preparing the Line Set up ,making sure that it is complete .Most of the time the kitchen is busy ,doing the prep list is the guidelines of daily needs for the kitchen.The Management is supportive to each and everyone.
Pros
free meal
good experience
Server (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB11 November 2017
A good learning experience
picked up on social skills, as well as proper communication techniques
Management was poor which made the job harder but was a good learning curve to know how to handle those situations
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
management
Fun workplace
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK9 November 2017
No increase in salary
Deduction for the meal automatically even you will not eat your meal
No increase in salary
Mostly doing Undertime

The management can easily approach
Fun place for casual work
Server (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB4 October 2017
A job with extremely flexible hours and great coworkers! Truly great atmosphere to work in however advancement opportunities seem to be difficult to achieve. Overall a great place to casually work.
Pros
Half price drinks and upbeat atmosphere.
Cons
Managerial issues.
the inner workings are deeper and darker than you think
Server and Bartender (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK25 September 2017
The girls: Some were rude and catty and acted like they were the popular girls in school while you were a mathlete with braces. A lot of gossiping.
The Boys: kitchen stafff was usually always helpful and friendly
Managers: hit or miss. Sometimes we're great and some were awful. Lazy and would blame things on the servers rather than actually help us
Tipout: they make you tipout on taxes included which is illegal (patron pays tax on service which a company charges the patron and then forwards to the government) a server should not be tipping out on this!!!! Tip out is super high to begin with. I would tip out half of what I made on a good day. And they would take it off you cheque if you did it wrong. (Also illegal)
Food: most is overpriced and you don't get a great discount on food to begin with
Pros
Cool atmosphere, sports bar with effort
Cons
Literally everything about working there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Brewhouse. Our community is ready to answer.