Canadian Brewhouse Employee Reviews

Fun and care
Manager (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK19 October 2018
One of the best place to work they really care about their workers. Lots of opportunities to grow. Best in all ways . Management is great. They give everyone chance to prove themself.
A Company That Doesn't Care About You
Server (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB18 October 2018
The Canadian Brewhouse does not care about the little guys aka you. I loved my brewhouse and the people in it but head office was enough for me. they will write you up no questions asked even if nothing happened, they accuse you of things and make situations into giant ordeals. They don't care about you and you are absolutely expendable to them. I would never work for them again.
Pros
good people
Cons
you are expendable
great food, great people, great service.
Porter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 October 2018
Over all good place to work, people are sweet, and the work is none stressful. And the atmosphere is great for someone whos is learning all about the a steadiness of a well organized working crew.
Pros
people, food
Cons
liquor orders, kegs
Very Productive and fun workplace.
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 October 2018
Everyone at the Canadian Brewhouse is very hands on and loves to help one another if need be. Very friendly and good customer service. They treat their customers like family, they always make sure the customer have nice and enjoyable experience when they are in to eat.
Poor Work Culture and Upper Management
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 September 2018
The one good thing about working at the Brewhouse is you generally make good money. The more negative aspects involve poor management at most of the locations that include poor communication and favouritism. The work environment can be negative. The Brewhouse does many things against Alberta Labour Laws and being a big corporation it is surprising that they are still getting away with most of it. The company has a good base behind it and moto but it is to bad that they do not follow it. I believe that the company grew to fast and therefore have not been able to keep up with the image that they first wanted to portray. I would not recommend working for this company.
Pros
Good money and tips
Cons
Long hours, no brakes, cut pay, lack of support
Fun place to work for the time being
Server (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 September 2018
I love working at the Brewhouse, the staff is fun and the managers are great. The tips are really good and management lets you work as little or as hard as you want. It is always busy. Tons of incentives for you to work harder. Staff discounts are phenomenal.
Work/life balance can be sacrificed, but this is common in most restaurant industry jobs. Company is run by men and there seems to be less opportunity for advancement (to management) for women. Tip out is high at 6% with minimal support from the support staff.
Overall Brewhouse is a great place to work for the time being or a couple days a week. Working full time is exhausting and is straining on mental health.
Pros
Fun environment, good tips, very busy
Cons
Night shifts, dealing with drunk people, no women leadership
productive and fun
Cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 September 2018
its nice to work in this company its has a long hour shift and having a good relation to your conworkers.its a very nice experince to work in tvis company
Pros
free lunch
All the opportunities
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB18 August 2018
They promote from within if you show your worth. Lots of incentives to do better. Ongoing training. Certificates for top servers and top bartenders. Free (ish) food. Scholarships to students. Wicked atmosphere.
Pros
Incentives/ promotions/ scholarships/ tips
amazing
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC13 August 2018
Wonderful staff and management. Overall my favorite workplace yet. Made you really want to strive for success and treat each other like family. recommend to anyone.
full job experince
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 August 2018
I had personallynever workewd full time till i had this job on the LINE and oh boy was i in for a wake up call. the training was harsh and tough and as a 19 year old surronded by 40 year old cooks it was a very frustrating at times. although my manager was an awsome guy the general manager of the store did not care one bit about the Cook staff, line or prep
Pros
free lunch
Cons
closing takes super long
Overall i enjoyed my time at The Candian Brewhouse
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB31 July 2018
Overall I enjoyed working at The Canadian Brewhouse, it was my first serving job, i learned lots from the team and will keep the skills i learned with me throughout my future jobs.
Candadian brewcrew
Server (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB23 July 2018
I quite enjoyed working at the brewhouse, you were able to make good money for yourself if you were ontop of things. Hours were tiring sometimes but thats the life of a teenager,
managment were friendly and helpful, hardest part was if you were short staffed for a busy night, but everyone helps eachother out, All the girls were lovely to meet
Pros
tips
Cons
hours
Exausting and Stressful
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, AB8 July 2018
Working in the kitchen as a line cook you work 8-12 hours. There is no forgiveness from FOH staff if you are unable to make them something.
Asking for a raise while being a good employee will get you 50 cents if you're lucky. The company treats it's staff like they are disposable and like we deserve no life outside of the kitchen.
The best family you could ask for
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 June 2018
Name says it all. To put it as simply as possible, the owner of this company will meet you one day, and remember you 2 years later. Name and everything.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Obnoxious Customers on occasion.
worst place i ever worked
Regional Chef (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB23 May 2018
hired me as a management position, used me to train and run food truck for 6 months, tried to say they didnt hire me for said position even though HR sent me a hire package, wrongful termination, no notice, long legal battle currently in lawsuit
Pros
Cons
terrible enviroment
Management was sub par. Pay was menial, and you were forced to pay for walk outs.
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John14 May 2018
The management hardly cared if you had an issue or a complaint with how things were being run. They cared little for anybody but themselves, which is why they only have 2 members of the original hiring staff a year after they opened. Management included. If someone walked out on a bill, it wouldn't matter if it was a $3 bill, or a $300 bill. You were expected to pay for every cent on that receipt. All Front of House Staff had to tip out, slow days you would actually have to pay out of pocket if you didn't make good enough tips.
Pros
They let you have a paycheque. They also let you go home.
Cons
Pay was pitiful, management disrespectful, management's ability to resolve problems (such as fights) = 0
Self absorbed
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 April 2018
Everyone above general managers is selfish , They look out for themselves and how they can benifit , The SM’s and AGM’s are often great but can’t cause the changes needed , The bartenders and servers and porters don’t have a voice and even when we do our reviews nothing ever changes it’s the same always , So unless you know somebody and are best friends with the company higherups you won’t go far with this company , lots of fun everyday staff , its is on the way down as they build more and more
Pros
Servers and coworkers
Cons
GMs regionals, selfishness, no humane traits
Server (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK20 March 2018
Tips are good, hours are not. Best servers only get three shifts a week, perfect job for someone in school but not so much if you're looking for full time work.
Creative and enjoyable place to work
Line cook/ Prep cook (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB6 February 2018
- Increased my cooking skills
-Excellent management who made us feel important
- Preparation could take 8 hours sometimes
- The community surrounding the team
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Rushed orders
Not great,
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC10 January 2018
Low pay, told if we didn't like it here that we could be replaced and to not let the door hit us on the way out. The cooks lost their free meals and in just a year and a half of being open almost all the management is different. One day a customer walked out without paying and the response was for the waitress to either accept a mark against her or pay for his meal.
Pros
The family was fantastic before everyone quit at the same time.
Cons
Treated like we could be replaced.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Brewhouse. Our community is ready to answer.