Canadian Blood Services Employee Review

View all Canadian Blood Services reviews

No work/life balance
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Calgary4 October 2013
This is a well paid job, but if you are looking for work/life balance, this isn't the company for you. As a part time job, you have to fit into their schedule and it's not flexible, no matter what they say.

Management is weak at best!

Donors and the people you work with are great, but they don't make up for the disrespect the management heaps on its workers
Pros
Good pay for little education required
Cons
Inflexible work schedule

Other Canadian Blood Services Employee Reviews

Not so impressive
Mid Manager (Former Employee) –  HO13 May 2018
I worked under the Finance umbrella. Within a year of joining I left, disillusioned by some of the truly staggering waste. Poorly considered projects, lack of intelligent due diligence followed by the inevitable flop, suppression of information and passing out of the Kool-Aid was not uncommon.. We've seen it before in other lightly regulated NFPs.. A management consultant's dream,there were more than a few CBS cows exchanged for magic beans...

On the bright side, lots of high quality and committed people delivering on the day-to-day mandate.
Pros
A number of Pros and some outstanding amateurs
Cons
Yes I saw more than a few cons....
Typical Day
Donor Care Associate/Phelbotomist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 April 2018
many different cultures interacting with donors and staff learned a lot and got new experiences hardest part of my day when its crazy busy and you just have to keep up the pace and get everything done in a timely manner
Pros
Benefits and unionized
Cons
tedious work days at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Blood Services. Our community is ready to answer.