Canadian Base Operators

Canadian Base Operators Employee Reviews

Nothing to loose and everything to gain ! They look after youfrom the time they pick you up at the door step Nd return home these way. Awesome treated like gold.
work for them for two week and was let go right after my first rotation wasn't fair to be with them to be shown around and to perform the job that they wanted you too, Their isn't no proper training and basically throw into the job management isn't fair and lack of leadership isn't their the way i was let go wasn't right in my experience wont recommend to work for them and very toxic environment. As well for other airline employee who wanted to apply think first before you submit your resume.
Pros
housing flight and food cover
Cons
lack of training and very poor managerment
Good place to learn and gain experience. Some days were tough,shortage of staff was an issue but hiring more "was not in the budget" and sometimes PPE wasnt either. Many people had duct tape and staples holding their reflective vests together. Management was unfair, a group of employees was expected to do more than the ones sitting inside on couches during down time
Pros
room and board
Cons
a lot
Extremely interesting at first -- took over food services etc. from military in far north -- then challenging to be proactive and fulfill contract, as well as demonstrate opportunities for efficiencies and cost savings, in which military is not terribly interested. Still one of the best jobs I ever had.
Pros
Good pay, though so-so-benefits if not FT
Cons
Isolation for several weeks at a time (not in all jobs?)
A great company to work for with a good benefits package, you feel very accepted when you start. They are very firm on what your salary or hourly rate maybe, you can try and up it. But if they say that\s final then it's final. they will let you walk. The pay is competitive.
Pros
good work culture
A good place to work, overall. The only downside is the uncertainty of contract based work. Oil and gas related work often changes hands to another contractor.
I have known about CBO since the start up. But only worked for them for 5 1/2 years. Overall the management was good but some of the supervisors were lacking expertise.
Pros
Wages
Cons
Job security
Excellent work environment. Well rounded group of employees. Management is approachable. Workplace is relaxed . The hardest part was the amount of travel but also the most enjoyable part was the travel.
Most of the time your a taxi service for military personnel bringing them to appointments or picking them up at airports in a minivan or a car. if you're not doing that then your detailing vehicles. Having an AZ license you're wasting away here. Great if you're retired. The people I work with a great helpful polite and professional. Every 5 weeks you work a 10-day schedule so you work a weekend. but you have two long weekends at the beginning and end of your cycle. There isn't much overtime but they say that there is some.
CBO offers a safe and challenging workplace. I can rely on my co-workers to provide safe working conditions. CBO offers the ability of advancement and the proper training for any duties that I may need to perform.
Pros
Free room and board for two weeks.
Cons
Being away from home.
My typical day consisted of inspecting and servicing vehicles. Making sure operators were prepared for the day. Hardest part of job, lack of tools and parts for servicing.
I enjoyed the department I worked in and the working with the military very much. It has a huge learning curve but that keeps the day interesting. Things are always changing so being flexible is very important.
Pros
Working with the people
Cons
Pay rate
At my current employment I am responsible for but not limited to; • Design and implement administrative programs, including Computer Maintenance Management System, Maintenance Connection, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe, and mail to improve daily operations • Accurately enter data and process payroll transactions for multiple pay groups • Accountable for auditing the company contract and maintenance connection database • Assist with setting up, updating and maintaining payroll data, records, documentation, and reporting systems • Prepare agendas, minutes, proposals, reports, correspondence, spreadsheets, surveys, and presentations • Responsible for filing and delivery of mail to staff • Coordinating travel arrangements and accommodations • Answer and direct incoming calls in a professional manner • Maintain a large database of all personal and professional development of staff and sub-contractors • Identify discrepancies within invoices and obtain outstanding balances • Prepare and organize security and human resource documentation • Assist with projects which includes attending meetings, determining the scope of the job, tracking the progress and handling all the required documentation I have learned hot to work in a fast paced environment and how to stay organized and multitask. I have learned how to audit and maintain online databases. The most enjoyable part of my job is everyone I work with they are like family. The hardest part is working with a group of guys you need to basically take care of them all and they all have short fuses.
Pros
Laid back boss
I worked for them for two years and they treated me very good. I would work for them any time.
very good company to work for like a family they take care of there employees the best they can if the contract didnt end i would still be there with them
Pros
great experence
Cons
contract ended