Canadian Bank Note Company, Limited

Canadian Bank Note Company, Limited Employee Reviews

Canada23 reviews
Challenging work with monthly luncheons
The work is always challenging and never boring. The workplace culture could improve. Communication between departments is just fair. Management could be way better too, in fact I think some supervisors should take leadership skills courses. Despite being a big company, still functions in many ways like a family oriented business which has both advantages and disadvantages.
No one is happy
all the staff I interacted would double talk each other, specially managements kids.

Its not what you know, its who you know there that gets you ahead.
Great workplace
This company truly appreciates their employees. Lots of room for movement within the company. Great benefits and salary. Management knows what they are doing and treat people fairly. Hardest part of the job is nothing. Love interacting with fellow employees.
In Contract Position: Company Very Organized, Cooperative
People are wonderful to work with at all levels in the business, workplace is clean and organized and enjoyable and the employees make learning easy and fun, most enjoyable part of job would be the ability to learn and grow with the company and being appreciated for my input, the employees work as a team and is very efficient and effective
Pros
Happy People
Cons
Position I worked required sitting too long
Great Team environment
Pros:
- Great colleagues, always have your back

- You get to work with lots of cool technologies

- Monthly lunches

- Free drinks and donuts

- Onsite gym with classes

- Big employee appreciation event every year

Cons:

- Not much really....

Challenges: Being en expert in all of the technologies we use - you will need to learn on your own time
Beware the hiring process
this company hires a scummy 3rd party investigative firm from pickering ontario to investigate you after they offer you "conditional employment". for a person in the IT field there are thousands of better companies to work for. By all means take the job, but don't stop looking.
Not recommdended.
Colleagues at QA are not bad, but if you need developer's help, you are on your own.
Developers told me they don't need to help me because I'm not in their department.
Pros
Free juice.
Cons
Toxic inter-departmental relationship.
Interesting Company to work at
Great company to work at. A multicultural company full of very professional people, team workers.
Good workplace culture

Constant learning

Good salaries
Pros
Job security advancement
Cons
No tolerance
Fun place with focus on employee
Good people and fun place to work. The atmosphere is casual and they have many employee initiatives such as lunches, bagels and donuts on Fridays. free soft drinks, coffee and juice in the employee cafeteria.
Be white and English
The Canadian bank note.
Interesting place to work if your English. Outright racist comments from management, some people quit over such incidents. Otherwise ok.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
Chemicals
really good company
Canadian Bank Note is one of the best company, productive and fun workplace with table tennis, free lunch , free uniform shirts and pants, and very good insurance benefit
A great, solid place to work
One of the last of a dying breed of companies that actually provides job security, benefits, and a decent salary. Management varies, but my last manager was excellent. Definitely should be at or near the top of anybody's 'best places to work' list!
Pros
Job security, solid pay and benefits (similar to government)
Toxic work environment
Bullying is rampant towards management. Not enough care about future production. Work environment is toxic and unhealthy. Would not recommend employment with this company.
Does not live by its value. Employees live by constant power control individuals.
Pros
Decent salery
Cons
Toxic
CBN is a great place to work. You are working for a real Canadian Company with good values and interesting work. I would recommend CBN as a place to work for anyone.
Love my job
I have nothing bad to say about this company. I love coming to work everyday. The management is amazing and my co-workers are like family.
Pros
everything
Cons
having to leave
it fun to work there
Canadian Bank Note is a good place to work. I worked there for many years, and for family problems in my home country Chile.
I resign and leave Canada for two years. from 2007 to 2009.

When I returned to Canada ; there was not for my work at Canadian Bank Note there was good place to work learned many things;It was fun to work there
Pros
good benefits
Cons
productive and fun work place,
-Examined products and verified that all products were presentable for the consumer.
-Attention to detail in work space cleanliness

-Work under pressure in a fast past environment.

-Producing a balanced quota by the end of my shift.

-Problem solving and adjusting frequently during shifts.
Pros
the people i work with
Cons
repetitive
I like company picnic
•Ensuring a high quality check for Canadian Passport, Canadian Travel documents and all Foreign country
•Data entry for Canadian passport and all Foreign country passport

•Printed label for all Foreign country

•Prepared for Canadian passport and all Foreign country passport for destruction

•Modify company forms.

•Fill out DSA for all Canadian and Foreign country

•Set up and run IAI Laser for Temporary Canadian Passport and all Foreign country
Outdated approach to managing workers
Work environment fraught with tension. Very good colleagues, but bullying was rampant, even towards managers. If management had treated workers with more dignity, production would have been higher. Otherwise, the work was very interesting.
Good corporate workplace
I worked in the Lottery Department of Canadian Bank Note, on their Android application. The work introduced me to android development and thus helped in my personal development. If you are looking for a stable job in a corporate workplace, Canadian Bank Note fits the bill.
A typical day at work
If you are a person who loves new challenges and experiences, then you would appreciate to work at CBN. They offer and use a traditional approach in work flow management, but it works.

The people I work with are good people and have potential to be even greater, given the opportunity. There are people who will walk all over you and there are people who will do anything to help you on your feet.

The hardest part of this job is when you have nothing to do and just sitting there waiting for work to be assigned due to machine break downs.

The most enjoyable part of this job is the friends you make and people you learn and work with makes it worth wild to come everyday.
Pros
Full time/permanent
Cons
12 Hours shift/nights
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Bank Note Company, Limited. Our community is ready to answer.
Canadian Bank Note Company, Limited Reviews by Location