Canadian Army Reserves Employee Review

View all Canadian Army Reserves reviews

Depends on the individual's desired interest
Pte (Current Employee) –  Canada27 September 2017
My time in the reserves has taught me that essentially nothing in it would work unless people didn't follow the rules. There are not enough allocated funds to the reserves to do much training at all (ammo, vehicles etc.).

Like in any job there are good and bad employees, unfortunately, in this job, bad employees can hold rank over you and you will be under their command. Hopefully, the good employees will make up for it.

There aren't many opportunities in the reserves right now to actually contribute to the betterment of Canadian/International society. That is my main gripe, but if you're looking for a steady job, rather than what I hoped for (meaningful work) than the reserves could be great for you. Not saying there isn't meaningful work out there in the army of course, just that we're not often given the chance to contribute. Even in domestic ops.

Having said that, the reserves seems like it kicks into action when it's needed (i.e. Afghanistan).
Pros
Work towards the greater good
Cons
Lack of opportunity and managment

Other Canadian Army Reserves Employee Reviews

some good days, some bad
corporal (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON20 June 2019
In a nutshell, you get what you put in. The military values hard work, attendance and pragmatism. The good days are really good, the bad days are really bad.
Pros
weapon handling
Cons
sandbags
Great Experience
PFC (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON21 April 2019
If you want to be a part of something bigger and your love of Canada is strong the reserves are for you. I meet amazing people that helped build me into a strong figure for future jobs and handle stress positively.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Army Reserves. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5