Canadian Army Reserves Employee Review

View all Canadian Army Reserves reviews

exciting and ever changing job
Armoured Reconnaissance crewman (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 July 2017
There's no such thing as a typical day at work in the Canadian Armed Forces. you will always be doing different things and learning or practicing new skills to make yourself a better soldier. Including the many skills I've learned specific to the army, I have also gained and improved my skills in working with people such as communication and teamwork. The management differs with each individual and all have their own style of leadership which you will need to adapt to. the workplace culture could be one of the best parts of the job. The military drills teamwork and cooperation into all of its soldiers from the moment you enlist, the comradery found in the forces is truly amazing and the army is where I've met some of my best friends. The hardest part of the army is the first weeks. Getting accustomed to army life. the most enjoyable part of the job is the workplace culture.

Other Canadian Army Reserves Employee Reviews

good times horrible family life
Canadian Armed Forces (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 April 2019
spend so much time at work you do not have time for a family life, it is a great career for single men and i encourage them to sign up it is incredible work experience but is a horrible family life
Its a good place to work and meet others, the environment is nice and its always improving.
Vehicle Technician (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB20 December 2018
Typical days at work consist of working and inspecting vehicles, trailers, or generators as a Vehicle Technician. I've learned how to be a good leader and be an even better technician through all of the mentors I've had through the 4 years of working there. The management is great with the higher ups, workplace culture is always at a high. The hardest part of the job is to move around, and relocate to do courses and other things of that nature during your time on training, or work related. I love meeting new people, and learning new things, its always something I enjoy doing, learning how to do something I do every day, in a new efficient way.
Pros
Free food, free travel
Cons
Working late a lot

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Army Reserves. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4