Canadian Army Reserves Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

Flexible career with endless opportunities
PRIMARY INSTRUCTOR/SECTION COMMANDER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 October 2018
As a reservist vehicle technician the training received was unparalleled. You get experience working on vehicles the public never sees and you get paid to do it. The training is done mostly over the summer, but there are options throughout the year if you are available. The work is extremely flexible with your civilian life and you can take as much training and career advancement as you can. There is not a lot of actual vehicle work to be done during regular work, but many opportunities for taskings where you do. Once you are trained, you can become an instructor, supervisor, or manager and the experience continues from there.
Pros
flexible work hours, physically demanding, fun, unique
Cons
long hours, little pay
exciting and ever changing job
Armoured Reconnaissance crewman (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 July 2017
There's no such thing as a typical day at work in the Canadian Armed Forces. you will always be doing different things and learning or practicing new skills to make yourself a better soldier. Including the many skills I've learned specific to the army, I have also gained and improved my skills in working with people such as communication and teamwork. The management differs with each individual and all have their own style of leadership which you will need to adapt to. the workplace culture could be one of the best parts of the job. The military drills teamwork and cooperation into all of its soldiers from the moment you enlist, the comradery found in the forces is truly amazing and the army is where I've met some of my best friends. The hardest part of the army is the first weeks. Getting accustomed to army life. the most enjoyable part of the job is the workplace culture.
Amazing place to work
Musician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 May 2017
I have enjoyed my 10 years being in the military. It is an amazing opportunity and I have been able to learn so many things. Typical day is practising music and learning things about the Navy. The management is really good as we work in a chain of command style. The culture is a wide range of cultures. Hardest part of the job would be going away for trainings as you have to be away from your families for long periods of time. Most enjoyable part is meeting people all over the world, and having the opportunity to travel.
One of the best places to work
Vehicle Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 June 2016
If you want a job like no other, room to grow, get paid to learn, this is the place. Canadian Armed Forces is an amazing opportunity
Pros
Learn new skills
Cons
Food is not always 100%
Great work environment regardless weather conditions
Infantry Soldier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario4 June 2015
Tight-knit working relationships. As stressful as the job may entail, working in teams helps alleviate the stresses of military life.
Pros
Friends working with you, travelling, Learning experience
Cons
Poor leadership organization skills(sometimes)
its an adventure
Combat Engineer Regiment (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 April 2015
work can be anything from 4 hours to 24 hours in hot or cold climate.
the stress level from low to high within minutes.
physical fitness and coordination are a must.

the hardest part about the job is when you want time off, you require permission. you just can't call in sick.

the most enjoyable part of this job is that you get to travel and meet new people.
Pros
meals provided when on contract
Productive and Informative
Reservist - Artillery (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 March 2014
Enjoy working with the Reserves;
I have learned many applicable skills;
Co-workers are more life family;
Learned how to be efficient and self disciplined;
Currently on Leave
A part time career
48th Highlanders of Canada, Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 January 2013
Working in the reserves has given me a great satisfaction to serve my Country. It has given me livelong friendships that I cherish and pushed me to levels that I didn't know I had.
Pros
challenging, great friendships, awesome life skills, great training
Cons
very long hours with no overtime benefits