Canadian Appliance Source logo
Canadian Appliance Source

Canadian Appliance Source Work-life balance reviews

Clear
3.8Pay & benefits

Productive and friendly workplace with Gym

Days are differents one another because some days you have much pick up and you can't have time to eat. Personnely I like the environnment of my work place we have fun.

22 June 2021
Great to hear you are having fun and enjoying the work environment. I know that customer pickups can definitely be a workout, but we don't have a gym!

The worst

Worst company ever !!! Don’t work here you will never grow in this company. They will ask about your feedback and don’t give you the credit for it. Such a waste of time

Cons

Productive and fun environment to work in.

A typical day at work involves coming in and preparing for the afternoon shift. I learned that planning and preparing sets the shift up for success. The management is always present and looking for ways for the company to be better. The workplace culture is mixed with people of all races however we all work and get along like family. The hardest part of the job involves maintaining a productive standard, not everyday is going to be a win. I enjoy coming to work and being faced with different scenarios. There is never a day where I do repetitive work, it maybe within my role however the conditions will vary.

Pros

Free lunches, overtime if needed and casual environment.

Cons

Must be able to lift 75 lbs comfortably

10 May 2021
Thank you for the positive feedback. We agree, one thing with CAS is that everyday we are challenged with new and different things.

Negative environment

This company likes to create a negative and threatening environment. Morale is terrible. They fire people all the time because of numbers written even if they are good .Was good when I first started but then downhill mostly because of upper management making decisions to do or change things then changing back when it didn't work .You never know what today will bring. The hours are not the greatest either. This is a fairly new company and they are very forward thinking to be better. I give them credit for that. Too bad they have to continue to stumble to get it right.

Pros

Cons

Too negative

10 May 2021
Thank you for the feedback. It is unfortunate you feel this way. A few things to note: we advise our employees of the working hours in the job posting and during our interview process. Many Sales Associates appreciate the evenings off! In term of the changes, we are a growing Company and we embrace Improvement as one of our core values. We are dedicated to evolving, innovating, and constant improvement.

New system changes should be done gradually

Too many changes in the system at a fast pace. Not enough time for the associates to settle down. As an SSM, too many distractions from the chore job of selling.

Pros

Transparency w management

Cons

A bit stressful with all the new changes coming up

22 June 2021
Thank you for the feedback. We understand that it can be quite fast paced here, not only with sales and customers, but our systems and processes are always changing. We hope you can keep in mind that we develop these changes to innovate and improve efficiencies.

I have grown over the years while working with CAS since 2018, I have learnt a lot about Logistics pros and cons as time time unfold.

Working with CAS has been a great experience and all round development for me. It is a company that looks affect everyone growth. I have growth over the years and even train new employees after me. It is literally my first job when I migrate to Canada, and I have learnt the Canadian WORK Culture through CAS.

Pros

Good Benefits

Cons

Good hours

22 June 2021
Amazing feedback! Thank you for showing off CAS' attitude towards growth and development.

fast paced but fun

there is a lot to do but if you have good time management and like commission jobs this is a very high paced but lucrative job experience for those that are committed

Pros

no night shifts

Cons

long hours, no weekend off

22 June 2021
Thanks for taking the time to give us this great feedback. CAS is definitely the place to work if you want to stay busy. Never a dull moment here.

Enjoy it a lot ,

I had a well-organized onboarding procedure and the culture was amazing. Very diverse place that everyone in the team was so helpful.I will highly recommend this job to anyone. And the pay rate was so good.

Great company to work for

I have been working for Canadian Appliace Source for more than 2 years now and I am very greatful to be part of this company. We have very supportive managment. Great pay and of-course it requires initiative and lots of effort. Due to the nature of commission everyone has the ability to decide how much effort to put behind continuous learning and helping clients to decide on their overall pay. I really like the work culture at CAS, a lot of co-workers and managers that I know are like family to me now. The only thing that I wish was better is the working hours. We have very long working hours and we all work on weekends.

Pros

Free lunches (unfortunatly due to covid we have not enjoyed this benefit)

Cons

Long hours, not having weekends off

Sales and a Great Work environment

Its always fun coming to work, speaking with new clients, building professional relationships, and trying to be the top sales person.You have phones, walk in customers, chatting system sales, they give you every opportunity to make as much sales as you want, and you get what you put into it, there is no cap for growth. I appreciate that they can see when someone works hard, and puts in the effort.

Pros

Your own desk, Freedom to sale, great staff, great pay.

Jobs at Canadian Appliance Source

See more jobs

Growth & Opportunity

To summarize my experience with CAS, the word growth comes to mind. I was fortunate to come on board when we had only two locations in Ontario. Things are extremely fast paced and always changing. To succeed here, you must be adaptable and get to know all aspects of the company, even if you're hired in just one department. Advancement is always a possibility, but never a given. I'm glad we expanded through COVID, even though the work days were extremely long picking up the slack of those who didn't excel working from home.

Pros

Travel, Senior Leadership are friendly.

Cons

Long days, Amount of Workload at time

Fun workplace with room for growth and advancement

Canadian Appliance Source is a great place to make a living! There are always tasks and challenges to keep you moving forward and involved, and a tremendous amount of support when you have questions. The workplace culture is cutting edge, and the staff is a delight to work with.

Pros

Lunch Events, Birthday Celebrations, Holiday Functions

Cons

N/a

Fast-paced, challenging, and rewarding work environment

Great workplace for those willing to take on the challenge of a fast-paced and growing company. Management always present and willing to help employees learn and grow.

Organized work environment, friendly staff, great salary and benefits

I felt right away that CAS warehouse was different from other warehouses I’ve worked at, it was spacious,organized,well lit with great personalities to work with. Most warehouses feel like dungeons, not CAS. Advancement opportunities are hard to come by but the company is still young in the province of Quebec and patience is required. Overall a great place to work.

Pros

Salary, Benefits, Pizza Days, Christmas Parties, fun work environment

Cons

Advancement from within/no leadership training programs

workplace culture

CAS has an amazing workplace culture.Everyone is willing and able to help each other find a solution to help our customers.Management is very supportive and everyone is treated as equal importance in the company.

our work place is competetive in nature and can't have a luxury of having this sort of things.

Typical day at work place starts by setting up goal for the day , resolve any outstanding issue , if there is a need we involve the management , hardest part of job for me is Chat and most enjoyable part of this job is self satisfaction that you get for closing the deals that you worked hard for it.

Pros

Everybody brings his or her lunch and I don't think free lunch does any good for the sales dept.

Cons

Long Hours is not suggested.

Fast-paced, highly engaging work environment.

A great thing about CAS is that a typical day will provide many challenges and rewards. Some days we are face-to-face with people from open to close, and others we are busy on the phones and online chat. You never know who is going to walk through the door. Finding out what their needs are and building a sale that meets those needs is very rewarding. Any questions or concerns we may have, there is a manager to assist and support us. The floor environment is fair, and everyone is given the chance to succeed. The sheer number of sales we do provides a lot of follow-up that can be difficult to keep up with, but if viewed as a challenge and dealt with consistently things will not become overwhelming.

Pros

Fast-paced, great support, friendly staff, lots of stock.

Enthusiastic work environment

From the beginning of my career at CAS , It has been a continued learning and development process which have lead into success both personal and business life . We have been running into obstacles like anything in life, fortunately with the right guideline from mentors , we always find the way to overcome them . It is versatile when it comes to problem solving. Its fast pace and technologically enabled infrastructure can be challenging sometimes but there is always support for people want to get out of their comfort zone and adopt .Its eclectic culture makes the day creative and fun !

Pros

Opportunity to sell across nation

Cons

Working weekend

Fast Paced Environment with Good Compensation

Great company with good pay structure. Fast paced environment, long hours, can be a stressful job at times. You are compensated fairly for the job that you do. Lots of opportunities within the company as they are growing fast.

Pros

Great compensation based on performance

Cons

Long hours.

Great People

I have been really lucky to work for great people and supportive management. Also, the people that work for me have been fantastic and have made my job easier.

Exciting and rewarding work environment

I have worked for the company for 5 years. I enjoy my job. I have never been able to truly say this after this amount of time. Normally with growth, one becomes lost in the shuffle and under appreciated. I feel that I am helping build something and that makes is worth while.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Appliance Source. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9Job security/advancement