Canadian Appliance Source logo
Canadian Appliance Source

Canadian Appliance Source Management reviews

Clear

it was great place to work with such a good people

Featured review

Canadian Appliance Source selected this as a representative review
for me I was comfy working at Canadian appliance my coworkers wear helpful and management was well manage. I had a great time working at Canadian appliance with friendly co-workers

22 June 2021
Thank you for such a great review of our team and culture here.

The worst

Worst company ever !!! Don’t work here you will never grow in this company. They will ask about your feedback and don’t give you the credit for it. Such a waste of time

Cons

Overall good place to work, but not without it's frustrations.

The day to day working for CAS is a pleasurable experience. My two direct bosses, are awesome. But the disconnect between the higher up management on the Ops and Sales sides can prove to be quite frustrating, and has lead to conflicting direction on projects they want done more than once.

Pros

recognition for hard work, great working relationship with direct bosses.

Cons

Disconnect between the \ mgmt on the Ops and Sales sides can prove to be frustrating, & has lead to conflicting direction on projects they want done more than once.

Productive and fun environment to work in.

A typical day at work involves coming in and preparing for the afternoon shift. I learned that planning and preparing sets the shift up for success. The management is always present and looking for ways for the company to be better. The workplace culture is mixed with people of all races however we all work and get along like family. The hardest part of the job involves maintaining a productive standard, not everyday is going to be a win. I enjoy coming to work and being faced with different scenarios. There is never a day where I do repetitive work, it maybe within my role however the conditions will vary.

Pros

Free lunches, overtime if needed and casual environment.

Cons

Must be able to lift 75 lbs comfortably

10 May 2021
Thank you for the positive feedback. We agree, one thing with CAS is that everyday we are challenged with new and different things.

Negative environment

This company likes to create a negative and threatening environment. Morale is terrible. They fire people all the time because of numbers written even if they are good .Was good when I first started but then downhill mostly because of upper management making decisions to do or change things then changing back when it didn't work .You never know what today will bring. The hours are not the greatest either. This is a fairly new company and they are very forward thinking to be better. I give them credit for that. Too bad they have to continue to stumble to get it right.

Pros

Cons

Too negative

10 May 2021
Thank you for the feedback. It is unfortunate you feel this way. A few things to note: we advise our employees of the working hours in the job posting and during our interview process. Many Sales Associates appreciate the evenings off! In term of the changes, we are a growing Company and we embrace Improvement as one of our core values. We are dedicated to evolving, innovating, and constant improvement.

New system changes should be done gradually

Too many changes in the system at a fast pace. Not enough time for the associates to settle down. As an SSM, too many distractions from the chore job of selling.

Pros

Transparency w management

Cons

A bit stressful with all the new changes coming up

22 June 2021
Thank you for the feedback. We understand that it can be quite fast paced here, not only with sales and customers, but our systems and processes are always changing. We hope you can keep in mind that we develop these changes to innovate and improve efficiencies.

fast paced but fun

there is a lot to do but if you have good time management and like commission jobs this is a very high paced but lucrative job experience for those that are committed

Pros

no night shifts

Cons

long hours, no weekend off

22 June 2021
Thanks for taking the time to give us this great feedback. CAS is definitely the place to work if you want to stay busy. Never a dull moment here.

I recommend working at Canadian Appliance Source

A typical day as a Customer Care Representative at CAS involves arriving at your reserved cubicle to go over tickets or tasks that may have been assigned to you. Then comes answering calls from customers, which takes up the majority of the day but can be satisfying knowing you assisted in an essential purchase. Management is the furthest thing from being domineering, allowing you to make mistakes as long as you learn from them. The hardest part of the job is informing a customer we do not have their product(s) due to a manufacturer delay. The most enjoyable part of the job is using the many tools CAS offers to satisfy customers.

Pros

Clean workspace and washrooms, periodic pay raise, free parking

Cons

Manufacture delays

Good to work if you need stress in your life

My experience has been nothing but a problematic. Bonuses not paid properly. Delivery company screwing up your orders and you will be punished for the same(your commission gets deducted for every problem Delivery creates). You have been abused by customers constantly without your fault.

Pros

Cons

Lack of management support, workplace environment is toxic

Needs Improvement

Typical day consist of a tug of war over resources between different areas of the warehouse .Management does the best they can. With the resources that they are given.Workplace culture can be too playful at times. Too much talking and camaraderie when there is work to be done. Faster Pace needed. Hardest part is not having competent staff. What I like about my job completing the task that's put before me and my team.

Pros

Leaving work before Rush Hour

Cons

Fighting for resources staff and space

Jobs at Canadian Appliance Source

See more jobs

Fast-paced, challenging, and rewarding work environment

Great workplace for those willing to take on the challenge of a fast-paced and growing company. Management always present and willing to help employees learn and grow.

A culture of accountability and fun

It has been my experience that CAS is a fast paced environment with cutting edge innovations. The leadership team is approachable and do their best to maintain a culture of fun without scarifying the very high standards of performance. With an air personal accountability employees can work independently, without micromanagement.

Pros

Lunches, Recognition, in person and online, group outings like boat cruise and Christmas party (pre covid)

Cons

In the fast paced environment, sometimes the "WHY" gets missed. Better performance with buy in vs compliance.

workplace culture

CAS has an amazing workplace culture.Everyone is willing and able to help each other find a solution to help our customers.Management is very supportive and everyone is treated as equal importance in the company.

our work place is competetive in nature and can't have a luxury of having this sort of things.

Typical day at work place starts by setting up goal for the day , resolve any outstanding issue , if there is a need we involve the management , hardest part of job for me is Chat and most enjoyable part of this job is self satisfaction that you get for closing the deals that you worked hard for it.

Pros

Everybody brings his or her lunch and I don't think free lunch does any good for the sales dept.

Cons

Long Hours is not suggested.

If I could give 0 stars, I would

Undoubtedly the worst company I have ever worked for. The lack of professionalism from management and HR is what appaled me and made my experience at CAS so negative. To the previous 5 star review in regards to how they were implementing government-mandated COVID-19 protocol, this was obviously written by HR or management because it is the furthest thing from the truth. They made employees feel like their job was at risk for getting tested, while COVID-19 spread rapidly through almost every office location. The only advice I can give is to steer clear.

Pros

Gained experience for future

Cons

- COVID-19 protocols not nearly as diligent as many other companies, heavy favouritism

Great company and friendly work environment

CAS is a wonderful workplace and I feel lucky to be a part of this company.Great management- always understanding and taking care of the team members. It is a fast paced work environment, day goes by really quick.Friendly staff and co-workers always helping each other and working as a team. I love my CAS family.

Ambitious, fast-growing company

Each day provides a manageable challenge between scheduled and unexpected tasks. It's a good opportunity to demonstrate your organisation skills and versatility.Management is extremely approachable, always open to ideas about how to improve company procedures and individual job tasks. Decisions are made and implemented as quickly as possible. It's rewarding to see your efforts recognised and appreciated by management.There's a real sense of team effort both within and across departments, with a strong emphasis on bettering customer experience and strengthening the company.

Great People

I have been really lucky to work for great people and supportive management. Also, the people that work for me have been fantastic and have made my job easier.

Supportive and encouraging working environment

CAS is a busy and challenging working environment but its a very friendly workplace as well. Specially I learned lots of sales techniques and problem solving skills. The management of this company is very help full. It is a fast paced and comfortable work place. The hardest part of the job is long hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is multitasking because I like multitasking working environment and most of the staff are very friendly. CAS is a fast growing and had a very high 2020 revenue. The company facilitate lots of product knowledge and leadership trainings. And the upper management always encourages the employees to improve the skills and grow more and more in the industry.

Pros

No micromanagement

Cons

No weekends off

Productive and fun work place

I have been with CAS going on to my 8th year , there is never a dull moment we are always growing and learning as a team with the support and trust the company places in me is Humbling . The company provides me with the correct tools to make my job easy Support from upper management is phenomenal the work place culture is always driven to positivity the most enjoyable part of my job " there is never a dull moment " I am always learning as a long term employee I must say Thank you CAS I am proud of being part of this great company .

Fast Paced Fun Place to Work

CAS has taken me farther than I had ever previously imagined with other companies. This company has always valued the voice of their employees and even implemented change in policy and procedure when warranted.

Pros

Team Atmosphere

Cons

Longer Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Appliance Source. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9Job security/advancement