Canadian Appliance Source
Happiness score is 71 out of 100

Canadian Appliance Source Employee Reviews

A workplace where you can grow

Featured review

Canadian Appliance Source selected this as a representative review
When I started working at CAS, I was wondering if they were adhering to their values which are : Respect, Responsibility, Commitment and Improvement. I was well served as CAS thrive to offer that work environment to their employees. If you work hard and show you are up to the task you will enjoy your experience being part of the team. CAS is a growing company where there is so many possibilities. If you are willing to put in the effort there is space for you to become better every day with lots of support.

Challenging work with good people

Every day as a sales rep starts at zero so I find that a new challenge on a daily basis which keeps me motivatedThe hardest part of this job is securing stock for clients who order their appliances way in advance. These orders usually tend to be the most problematicThe easiest part of this job is finding clients who know exactly what they wantManagement and coworkers are very easy to get along with and are for the most part very available.

Pros

Commission based work with bonus incentives

Cons

Limiting discounting abilities and going through the process to get them can be demeaning

It's a great place to work and grow

It is really a great to company to work. The other colleagues and the management are very supportive. The team is awesome. Your hardwork is recognized by giving some bunus every week and month.

A fun and rewarding company to work for.

Coming into the showroom, checking all your messages and any changes to your outstanding accounts. Provide fantastic service to your clients in person, over the phone and on-line, with the goal of getting their commitment to make the purchase. Learning and training is an ongoing and a very important part of the job as appliances are always changing. The management team is supportive with a team based focus, which contributes to the culture as a whole. You will manage or own accounts but will certainly help a team member on their day off, etc. If you don't want to be constantly adapting to new changes, you may find this position more of a challenge. One of the many enjoyable aspects would be the flexibility and relationship building you get to experience.

Pros

No late retail hours and a flexible atmosphere.

Cons

Great Place to work, learn and grow.

Great place with a good potential to grow in appliances retail sales, lots of opportunities to make money from such as live chat, phones and walk-in.

Pros

unlimited potential to earn with commissions, spiffs

Cons

Long hours, sitting on the desk for a very long time

Great Place for a Career

Great place to work as I have been given an opportunity to excel at the things I do best. Was hired as a leader and my leadership role has evolved with my experiences at CAS. The company has been a blessing in work life balance and have not had a work life balance like this in my sales career! Unbelievable place to be and the management staff has been extremely supportive in all areas of my job! Would recommend to anyone looking for a sales career.

The worst

Worst company ever !!! Don’t work here you will never grow in this company. They will ask about your feedback and don’t give you the credit for it. Such a waste of time

2 August 2021
Thank you for your feedback. We understand that in such a fast-paced environment, it can be difficult to get our ideas across. We have a commitment at CAS to listen to all feedback provided and implement new ideas where needed.

Productive and friendly workplace with Gym

Days are differents one another because some days you have much pick up and you can't have time to eat. Personnely I like the environnment of my work place we have fun.

22 June 2021
Great to hear you are having fun and enjoying the work environment. I know that customer pickups can definitely be a workout, but we don't have a gym!

Overall good place to work, but not without it's frustrations.

The day to day working for CAS is a pleasurable experience. My two direct bosses, are awesome. But the disconnect between the higher up management on the Ops and Sales sides can prove to be quite frustrating, and has lead to conflicting direction on projects they want done more than once.

Pros

recognition for hard work, great working relationship with direct bosses.

Cons

Disconnect between the \ mgmt on the Ops and Sales sides can prove to be frustrating, & has lead to conflicting direction on projects they want done more than once.

2 August 2021
Thank you for this important feedback. As we get larger, there is definitely more of a challenge to align visions and projects. We appreciate this feedback and will work on aligning.

i enjoy BBQ

Saturdaysshipping and receiving, taking payments, managing inventory hardest part is loading heavy items into customer's cars the enjoyable part is making new friends everyday because i deal with so many customers

Pros

at least once in a month the manager buys me lunch

Cons

longest hours spent at work is may be 10 hours

22 June 2021
Thanks for highlighting that we like to treat our employees when we can. Keep making those connections with all those customers you assist!

Productive and fun environment to work in.

A typical day at work involves coming in and preparing for the afternoon shift. I learned that planning and preparing sets the shift up for success. The management is always present and looking for ways for the company to be better. The workplace culture is mixed with people of all races however we all work and get along like family. The hardest part of the job involves maintaining a productive standard, not everyday is going to be a win. I enjoy coming to work and being faced with different scenarios. There is never a day where I do repetitive work, it maybe within my role however the conditions will vary.

Pros

Free lunches, overtime if needed and casual environment.

Cons

Must be able to lift 75 lbs comfortably

10 May 2021
Thank you for the positive feedback. We agree, one thing with CAS is that everyday we are challenged with new and different things.

Negative environment

This company likes to create a negative and threatening environment. Morale is terrible. They fire people all the time because of numbers written even if they are good .Was good when I first started but then downhill mostly because of upper management making decisions to do or change things then changing back when it didn't work .You never know what today will bring. The hours are not the greatest either. This is a fairly new company and they are very forward thinking to be better. I give them credit for that. Too bad they have to continue to stumble to get it right.

Pros

Cons

Too negative

10 May 2021
Thank you for the feedback. It is unfortunate you feel this way. A few things to note: we advise our employees of the working hours in the job posting and during our interview process. Many Sales Associates appreciate the evenings off! In term of the changes, we are a growing Company and we embrace Improvement as one of our core values. We are dedicated to evolving, innovating, and constant improvement.

Over all good company to work for

I am satisfied with my revenue and looking forwards to develop more business , a lot of work to do in Sales and other admin. Tasks , but it pays off as long as you follow up with it .No one is perfect but I would say this will be the best place to work for in the Major appliances industry.

Pros

short shifts on week end .

Cons

Customer service reverse some tasks to you, you don't just do sales.

10 May 2021
Thank you for this feedback! We are striving to improve our processes everyday.

New system changes should be done gradually

Too many changes in the system at a fast pace. Not enough time for the associates to settle down. As an SSM, too many distractions from the chore job of selling.

Pros

Transparency w management

Cons

A bit stressful with all the new changes coming up

22 June 2021
Thank you for the feedback. We understand that it can be quite fast paced here, not only with sales and customers, but our systems and processes are always changing. We hope you can keep in mind that we develop these changes to innovate and improve efficiencies.

I have grown over the years while working with CAS since 2018, I have learnt a lot about Logistics pros and cons as time time unfold.

Working with CAS has been a great experience and all round development for me. It is a company that looks affect everyone growth. I have growth over the years and even train new employees after me. It is literally my first job when I migrate to Canada, and I have learnt the Canadian WORK Culture through CAS.

Pros

Good Benefits

Cons

Good hours

22 June 2021
Amazing feedback! Thank you for showing off CAS' attitude towards growth and development.

fast paced but fun

there is a lot to do but if you have good time management and like commission jobs this is a very high paced but lucrative job experience for those that are committed

Pros

no night shifts

Cons

long hours, no weekend off

22 June 2021
Thanks for taking the time to give us this great feedback. CAS is definitely the place to work if you want to stay busy. Never a dull moment here.

I recommend working at Canadian Appliance Source

A typical day as a Customer Care Representative at CAS involves arriving at your reserved cubicle to go over tickets or tasks that may have been assigned to you. Then comes answering calls from customers, which takes up the majority of the day but can be satisfying knowing you assisted in an essential purchase. Management is the furthest thing from being domineering, allowing you to make mistakes as long as you learn from them. The hardest part of the job is informing a customer we do not have their product(s) due to a manufacturer delay. The most enjoyable part of the job is using the many tools CAS offers to satisfy customers.

Pros

Clean workspace and washrooms, periodic pay raise, free parking

Cons

Manufacture delays

2 August 2021
Thank you for this genuine review! We are glad our employees feel a sense of accomplishment for helping our customers. Keep it up!

Enjoy it a lot ,

I had a well-organized onboarding procedure and the culture was amazing. Very diverse place that everyone in the team was so helpful.I will highly recommend this job to anyone. And the pay rate was so good.

2 August 2021
Amazing! We have worked incredibly hard to make the onboarding process a better experience for our new employees. After all, you only get one chance at a first impression! Glad you are liking it here at CAS.

Great company to work for

I have been working for Canadian Appliace Source for more than 2 years now and I am very greatful to be part of this company. We have very supportive managment. Great pay and of-course it requires initiative and lots of effort. Due to the nature of commission everyone has the ability to decide how much effort to put behind continuous learning and helping clients to decide on their overall pay. I really like the work culture at CAS, a lot of co-workers and managers that I know are like family to me now. The only thing that I wish was better is the working hours. We have very long working hours and we all work on weekends.

Pros

Free lunches (unfortunatly due to covid we have not enjoyed this benefit)

Cons

Long hours, not having weekends off

Good to work if you need stress in your life

My experience has been nothing but a problematic. Bonuses not paid properly. Delivery company screwing up your orders and you will be punished for the same(your commission gets deducted for every problem Delivery creates). You have been abused by customers constantly without your fault.

Pros

Cons

Lack of management support, workplace environment is toxic

Sales and a Great Work environment

Its always fun coming to work, speaking with new clients, building professional relationships, and trying to be the top sales person.You have phones, walk in customers, chatting system sales, they give you every opportunity to make as much sales as you want, and you get what you put into it, there is no cap for growth. I appreciate that they can see when someone works hard, and puts in the effort.

Pros

Your own desk, Freedom to sale, great staff, great pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Appliance Source. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9Job security/advancement