Canadian Appliance Source

Canadian Appliance Source Employee Reviews for Sales Representative

If I could give 0 stars, I would

Undoubtedly the worst company I have ever worked for. The lack of professionalism from management and HR is what appaled me and made my experience at CAS so negative. To the previous 5 star review in regards to how they were implementing government-mandated COVID-19 protocol, this was obviously written by HR or management because it is the furthest thing from the truth. They made employees feel like their job was at risk for getting tested, while COVID-19 spread rapidly through almost every office location. The only advice I can give is to steer clear.

Pros

Gained experience for future

Cons

- COVID-19 protocols not nearly as diligent as many other companies, heavy favouritism

Awful values and policies

This company only cares about sales. They want you to charm a customer into a sale without being honest about policies (example: non refundable deposit). Once we got the customers money, I wasnt allowed to acknowledge any complaints, it had to be transferred to "customer service" where they basically told customers there was nothing they could do. I felt like a sleazy salesman. The company also doesnt stand behind their products if something is delivered defective. These things made for extremely mad customers that we go into trouble for trying to help.

Official response from Canadian Appliance Source

30 September 2019
Hi there, It is unfortunate you feel that way but I hope that I can better explain our policies for you.The non-refundable deposit is put in place to prevent consumers from price matching a sold order with our competitors and abusing our Price Match Policy.We also have a dedicated team in our Customer Care and Resolution departments that are trained to deal with customer complaints. We created this team to help alleviate the stress and after-sales issues sales associates used to deal with. After all, you are commission based! We wanted to ensure you were not taking care of things other than making your sales!Here is our policy taken from the website, https://www.canadianappliance.ca/Content/Content/Return-Policy-63/ If a product is delivered and it is defective, the customer has 48 hours to report it. We also state in our policy that all defects are subject to the manufacturer's warranty. This is because manufacturers take care of functionality issues. We do not train or employ service technicians Unfortunately, CAS doesn't make the products, we only sell them!I hope this gave you a better idea of why our policies are the way they are.

Waste of time

Tiny Stores means sitting and showing Appliances on line all day. Hunting for customers on line when you are not with a customer on the phone.A few walk in customers in a 10 hour day,camera pointed at you all day,no leaving the store for lunch breaks,terrible Management,no spiffs though they are promised.Poor selection.Half the $ you will make at a real Appliance Store.

Pros

Good software program

Cons

Everything else.

Precious time of my life gone to the dust bin

I would not have given even a single star if this was not mandatory. I know in the long run the truth prevails. If to be cunning is the trait of a good management, they have the best managers.

Stay away if you can

No respect for sales people. No professionalism. Sycophancy is the only culture. If you are looking for a career in sales then you will get disappointment. They will find a way not to pay what you deserve.

Not a nice place

Management places no value on employees. Revolving door culture. Minimum wage after 6 months. Training too short. No pay for training travel. No patience with new employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Appliance Source. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9Job security/advancement

Compare Canadian Appliance Source with

• Canadian Appliance Source
  • Sales Representative
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?