Canadian Appliance Source

Canadian Appliance Source Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

fast paced but fun

there is a lot to do but if you have good time management and like commission jobs this is a very high paced but lucrative job experience for those that are committed

Pros

no night shifts

Cons

long hours, no weekend off

22 June 2021
Thanks for taking the time to give us this great feedback. CAS is definitely the place to work if you want to stay busy. Never a dull moment here.

Negative environment

This company likes to create a negative and threatening environment. Morale is terrible. They fire people all the time because of numbers written even if they are good .Was good when I first started but then downhill mostly because of upper management making decisions to do or change things then changing back when it didn't work .You never know what today will bring. The hours are not the greatest either. This is a fairly new company and they are very forward thinking to be better. I give them credit for that. Too bad they have to continue to stumble to get it right.

Pros

Cons

Too negative

10 May 2021
Thank you for the feedback. It is unfortunate you feel this way. A few things to note: we advise our employees of the working hours in the job posting and during our interview process. Many Sales Associates appreciate the evenings off! In term of the changes, we are a growing Company and we embrace Improvement as one of our core values. We are dedicated to evolving, innovating, and constant improvement.

Breakdown in communication

I started with this company and rec'd excellent training in policies, procedures and product knowledge. However the manager played favorite with one sales person that caused me endless grief in working extra hours, and taking heat for problems that this sales person caused. The manager did not see it that way, so I left. I was surprised that no one contacted me to hear whey I did leave. I would have stayed if someone had listened to my side of this huge problem.

Pros

Great training

Cons

Manager did nothing to correct a very bad situation.

Learn Selling Big ticket items

An ideal employee for Canadian Appliance Source is a young, inexperienced worker with low salary expectations.This is a great place to temporarily work in order to learn the basics of Appliance Sales and Operations and to get some experience on your resume. Experienced workers on all levels should stay clear.

Pros

Good Prices

Cons

Poor Service

Internet lucky

Caution: Beware of any 4-5 star, 100% positive ratings that absolutely offers no real insight into the company - guaranteed to be plants from management. If you need a job yes go ahead. Only internet made it possible to put false reviews to get bonus from the employer.

Pros

Did not see any

Cons

Endless pain.

11 October 2018
It is unfortunate that you feel this way. Just wanted to politely point out that the link for the review site on Indeed is actually shared openly to every new hire once they have completed their probationary period as part of our feedback program. Also, we do not practice "reviews for bonuses" for our sales associates. That program was done away with at the end of 2017. Then again, nothing prevents us from rewarding our staff when they receive a positive review!

Great Innovative Company

I have been in the retail industry for more than 25+ years this has to be one of the best companies I have ever worked for! Very Innovative, user friendly and high tech sales order and follow up system to use. It makes your job very easy and you make less mistakes. Management always there for you for help and to support. Easy access to top management who always wants to hear from you for any suggestions or improvements. Job work and life balance is great, much better than my previous job. Employees are cared for, respected and recognized for the contribution they make everyday. Overall great support staff and very high paced professional work environment. For a challenging and rewarding career, this is the best place!

A great place to work

Best place to work. One of the fastest growing Canadian appliance retailer. The company has expanded and continues to open more stores right across the country.

Busy and engaged

Fast paced and productive weekdays and extremely busy weekends. Excellent place to work and make above average Income. Must be able to adjust to constant changes as the company is growing

Pros

Busy and productive

Cons

Simply a great career....

After being in retail for the past 35 years I came to Canadian Appliance Source just over a year ago in Hamilton. This is by far the most concise and professional appliance company in Canada. The training and overall atmosphere is excellent. Opportunities to earn a great income are abundant within this company. The customer care department and management staff are vigilant at helping the sales people with every aspect of the sale and delivery.I have never worked for a company that offers the sales incentives and the bonus structure that Canadian Appliance Source does. I enjoy coming to work each day knowing that this company strives to be the best in Canada at providing us with the best marketing strategy in the country. The hours also are considerably shorter then every other major appliance retailer. This keeps our staff fresh and maintains a balance of personal life and career. This as stated is.....simply a great career!

Pros

Great income.

Cons

Most sophisticated company in appliance market

I have been with CAS about a year. I have been enjoying every day at work so far. One of the most attractive aspects of the company is its culture. I have never felt I am being drawn into top to bottom dated corporate brick and mortar culture. Whatever the role you are performing at CAS ,everyone gets the same respect they deserve and team members always there to help you if ever needed. Second ,its innovative approach to appliance market. CAS provides all the necessary high-tech tools in order to provide highest satisfaction to it's clients. Third , CAS is very versatile when it comes to problem solving. Executive team is always keeping all the communication channels open so when problem occurs they can come up with a solution fast in order to increase efficiency.

Pros

income, innovative, respectful environment, versatile

Cons

Weekend

Jobs at Canadian Appliance Source

Sales Associate positions
See more jobs

Great Innovative Company

One of the best companies I have ever worked for! Very Innovative, user friendly and high tech sales order and follow up system to use. It makes your job very easy and you make less mistakes. Management always there for you for help and to support. Easy access to top management who always wants to hear from you for any suggestions or improvements. Job work and life balance is great, much better than my previous job. Employees are cared for, respected and recognized for the contribution they make everyday. Overall great support staff and very high paced professional work environment. For a challenging and rewarding career, this is the best place!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Appliance Source. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9Job security/advancement