Canadian Appliance Source

Canadian Appliance Source Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

A fun and rewarding company to work for.

Coming into the showroom, checking all your messages and any changes to your outstanding accounts. Provide fantastic service to your clients in person, over the phone and on-line, with the goal of getting their commitment to make the purchase. Learning and training is an ongoing and a very important part of the job as appliances are always changing. The management team is supportive with a team based focus, which contributes to the culture as a whole. You will manage or own accounts but will certainly help a team member on their day off, etc. If you don't want to be constantly adapting to new changes, you may find this position more of a challenge. One of the many enjoyable aspects would be the flexibility and relationship building you get to experience.

Pros

No late retail hours and a flexible atmosphere.

I recommend working at Canadian Appliance Source

A typical day as a Customer Care Representative at CAS involves arriving at your reserved cubicle to go over tickets or tasks that may have been assigned to you. Then comes answering calls from customers, which takes up the majority of the day but can be satisfying knowing you assisted in an essential purchase. Management is the furthest thing from being domineering, allowing you to make mistakes as long as you learn from them. The hardest part of the job is informing a customer we do not have their product(s) due to a manufacturer delay. The most enjoyable part of the job is using the many tools CAS offers to satisfy customers.

Pros

Clean workspace and washrooms, periodic pay raise, free parking

Cons

Manufacture delays

Official response from Canadian Appliance Source

2 August 2021
Thank you for this genuine review! We are glad our employees feel a sense of accomplishment for helping our customers. Keep it up!

workplace culture

CAS has an amazing workplace culture.Everyone is willing and able to help each other find a solution to help our customers.Management is very supportive and everyone is treated as equal importance in the company.

If I could give 0 stars, I would

Undoubtedly the worst company I have ever worked for. The lack of professionalism from management and HR is what appaled me and made my experience at CAS so negative. To the previous 5 star review in regards to how they were implementing government-mandated COVID-19 protocol, this was obviously written by HR or management because it is the furthest thing from the truth. They made employees feel like their job was at risk for getting tested, while COVID-19 spread rapidly through almost every office location. The only advice I can give is to steer clear.

Pros

Gained experience for future

Cons

- COVID-19 protocols not nearly as diligent as many other companies, heavy favouritism

Fast Paced Place.

Job at CAS is fast paced and competitive and keeps you occupied all day.Best online presence pulls in the customers. Competitive prices ensures steady business.

Pros

You are busy all day with different modes of Sales, Not a dull moment in day's routine.

Cons

Spiff system is not there like most competitors.

Ambitious, fast-growing company

Each day provides a manageable challenge between scheduled and unexpected tasks. It's a good opportunity to demonstrate your organisation skills and versatility.Management is extremely approachable, always open to ideas about how to improve company procedures and individual job tasks. Decisions are made and implemented as quickly as possible. It's rewarding to see your efforts recognised and appreciated by management.There's a real sense of team effort both within and across departments, with a strong emphasis on bettering customer experience and strengthening the company.

Great People

I have been really lucky to work for great people and supportive management. Also, the people that work for me have been fantastic and have made my job easier.

Very fast growing company with a great culture.

CAS has a great company culture that is welcoming and inclusive. You are treated and respected as a professional and given the necessary tools and support to succeed in your career. If you have a positive attitude and are willing to adapt to changes, then you will have a great career here. There are many opportunities for advancement.During COVID they were quick to implement policies and took government mandates seriously.

Pros

Employee benefits, Annual Reviews

Great place to work, everyone is very friendly and helpful.

Work environment is very fast paced, once you've settled in to how the system works it's a non stop cycle. We receive product, store product, pick product, ship product and also return product. Everyone is always ready to help out when needed.

Pros

Rewards are always available for hardwork.

Cons

Busy season has a lot of over time which can be looked at as negative or positive.

It is a fun workplace, it keeps me busy and I enjoy it

The company has given me so much that I am thankful to it. I remember the days when I used to work under the direct contrrol of the CEO, who always applauded my work and motivated me all the times. Now the company has grown bigger and bigger and I am happy that I started my career in this company when it was a plant and now it has become a very strong tree. A lot of changes and lot of knowledge I have gained in the past around 7 years. May this company grow leaps and bounds. From the core of my heart, I have very special respect for Mr. Ari Klein, who always takes care of all the employees

Pros

free luches used to be served on every Sunday, but now it has become a very big company but still we get free lunches, free gift cards for achieving the goals etc/c

Cons

Working from 9.15 till 7.00 is very long work time, but it is fun. I never get tired at work, because of the multiple activities at work

Jobs at Canadian Appliance Source

in Toronto, ON
See more jobs

Good place

Room for growth depends on management. Good people. Helpful team. Needs more professional speaking habits when speaking with employees but overall a good place to work

Productive working place and good teammates

Working here you must be a team player, they’ve got good teammates on ground. I personally detest the late night shifts, the management needs to hire more people at different locations than inconveniencing those who do not wish to work at night. They need to improve their pay for those in Customer service and resolution, these guys do a lot of work and complain within themselves about their pay. You get to meet people from different backgrounds, it is a multicultural place I must say and really fun. Very nice people and easy going

Pros

Good teammates, hope they are regarded and retained at all cost

Cons

Night shift and Saturday shift which isn’t considered overtime

Learn Selling Big ticket items

An ideal employee for Canadian Appliance Source is a young, inexperienced worker with low salary expectations.This is a great place to temporarily work in order to learn the basics of Appliance Sales and Operations and to get some experience on your resume. Experienced workers on all levels should stay clear.

Pros

Good Prices

Cons

Poor Service

Internet lucky

Caution: Beware of any 4-5 star, 100% positive ratings that absolutely offers no real insight into the company - guaranteed to be plants from management. If you need a job yes go ahead. Only internet made it possible to put false reviews to get bonus from the employer.

Pros

Did not see any

Cons

Endless pain.

Official response from Canadian Appliance Source

11 October 2018
It is unfortunate that you feel this way. Just wanted to politely point out that the link for the review site on Indeed is actually shared openly to every new hire once they have completed their probationary period as part of our feedback program. Also, we do not practice "reviews for bonuses" for our sales associates. That program was done away with at the end of 2017. Then again, nothing prevents us from rewarding our staff when they receive a positive review!

Busy and Growing

Busy, so days fly by. My managers listen to ideas and implement them if good/effective. Great people to work with. Exciting to be part of growth and be rewarded accordingly.

Pros

People

Cons

Commute

Precious time of my life gone to the dust bin

I would not have given even a single star if this was not mandatory. I know in the long run the truth prevails. If to be cunning is the trait of a good management, they have the best managers.

Stay away if you can

No respect for sales people. No professionalism. Sycophancy is the only culture. If you are looking for a career in sales then you will get disappointment. They will find a way not to pay what you deserve.

Busy and engaged

Fast paced and productive weekdays and extremely busy weekends. Excellent place to work and make above average Income. Must be able to adjust to constant changes as the company is growing

Pros

Busy and productive

Cons

A good company to work for

I have been with the company for just over a year. During that time we have seen tremendous growth, which is exciting to be a part of. Management encourages staff to expand skills and responsibilities and to take ownership of projects. Support is offered and is available as and when needed. There is a friendly atmosphere throughout the and also a sense that people from every department are working hard to move the company forward. I feel I am challenged every day to work hard and it's rewarding to see the difference my efforts make. I feel my opinions are listened to and the work I do is valued. The workload is high but that's as a consequence of growth. There are some issues that have arisen due to the increase in volume but steps are being taken to improve systems and efficiency.

Pros

Friendly staff, supportive management, growing company

Excellent opportunity for growth, strong leadership.

I have worked at CAS for less than a year and so far it has been a great company to work for. Management respects and values their employees as evidenced by the salary and benefits package. CAS leadership encourages and nurtures a team environment and communicates change well. They welcome feedback from staff to streamline company processes and are quick to implement changes that make day-to-day work more efficient and effective. This is a company where hard work actually pays off. There is a lot of growth in the company (which means that there is ample opportunity for promotions and pay increases). I'm glad I found this company and I look forward to a long career with CAS.

Pros

Great coworkers, Team Environment, Strong Leadership

Workers are great. Work environment not so much.

I don't even know how to explain the time I had working at this company. I think the ratings should be enough though. I was a delivery truck driver for just over a year. Worked ridiculous hours and did a lot of RIDICULOUS out of the norm things to get the job done. It just isn't an experience I would recommend to anyone else.

Pros

Great employees

Cons

Long hours, disrespect, neglect..the list goes on.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Appliance Source. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9Job security/advancement

Compare Canadian Appliance Source with

• Canadian Appliance Source
  • Toronto, ON
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?