Canadian Appliance Source
Happiness score is 66 out of 100

Canadian Appliance Source: 109 Employee Reviews

Canada109 reviews

salegrowinggrowthpacechallengesupportfastproduct

A workplace where you can grow

Featured review

Canadian Appliance Source selected this as a representative review
When I started working at CAS, I was wondering if they were adhering to their values which are : Respect, Responsibility, Commitment and Improvement. I was well served as CAS thrive to offer that work environment to their employees. If you work hard and show you are up to the task you will enjoy your experience being part of the team. CAS is a growing company where there is so many possibilities. If you are willing to put in the effort there is space for you to become better every day with lots of support.

1 December 2021
Thank you for this great review! We have taken on a new initiative to promote our values and ensure all the work we do ties back to them.

Fun to work here and good environment

Nice to work in this company and expect to have a good futurw within this company.Its been a year and now i want to get more involved within this company with some new position of my area of study

31 May 2022
Thank you for this great review. Be sure to check our internal job posting board as well as Indeed for future growth opportunities within the Company.

Insights into Canadian Appliance Source

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Support from manager
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

You have a shelf life

Management is absolutely brutal. Extremely incompetent and half of the time don’t even know their own system. Also don’t expect to work there for more than 2 years as they will always find a way to get rid of you. They have cut our hours, decimated our once decent monthly bonus to a much weaker structure. New hires: please know you will not receive bonus for 6 months and you will likely be on hourly for a long time as they usually don’t have stock in priority items. Goodluck!

Pros

25/h safety net

Cons

Management, shady co workers

31 May 2022
Thank you for this feedback and I understand your frustrations. Here at CAS, things are constantly changing as we try to improve. Comparatively, we have some of the best working hours for sales associates in the industry! It is also good to note that our compensation and bonus structures are constantly under review to ensure they are meeting their objectives.

Nice place to work

Very nice work environment, lots of opportunities. You can make a lot of money here is you are focused and a hard worker. Also a nice new schedule where we don't do 10 hour days anymore.

31 May 2022
Thank you for this great feedback. We try to offer as many learning and career opportunities that we can .

Fast-pace, Competitive, Learning experience, Better salary structure, Fast growing company

First thing in the morning I go through my Emails and start my day for new sales through in coming chat, phone calls and walk-in traffic. This placed has helped me to acquire the knowledge and skills I needed to develop in sales and management field which will help me achieve my career goals. Helpful management team makes the work smooth and manageable.

Pros

Light and fun atmosphere overall.

Productive and fun place to work.

Keeping busy, always learning, good ambiance with colleagues, hardest part is trying to learn everything i can, most enjoyable part is dealing with customers.

Enjoyable workplace most of the time

Not much to say, other than I've learned a lot working this job, and developed my sales skills exponentially. Quite a few incompetent higher ups such as managers. no extra comment on thisOverall a wonderful place to work and learn on a day to day basis.

Good pay, set sales up for success

A mostly great company. Their systems are set up very nicely for an experienced or inexperienced salesperson. Pay is higher than the competition by a significant margin as well. Great base hourly wage, commission, monthly bonus.

Productive, fun, high paying but not secure job

CAS is very good company and if any person needs to make more money definitely this is the place and commission structure is good. But mostly people looking for the security in their main work which CAS do not provide at all. They thinks that way our pay is high so we will keep hiring al the time. Instead of giving well coaching to up bring they just let you go and do not settle it down. So overall good but not job security.

Lot of improvements needed

The team I am working with is great. However it has become a very stressful job due to the fact that company's sales management team has no sort of guidance and putting constant pressure regarding metrics which does not matter to improving your over all sales. Example would be, Asking to get 20 orders today because we did 20 orders exactly rather than saying we achieved 100k in sales and lets meet or beat the sales done last year that day. The hardest part of this work place is that everyday when your at work, you are worried about some sort of problem arising due to rapid changes in the management and no guidance. Our showroom manager and colleagues are great people, but if your upper management is not in the same category, it wont be pleasant work environment.

A fun workplace to make some "Easy Money"

Easy to get involved even if it is a first "sales" job. If you work hard enough you can easily reach a 100k to 200k according that you work to the right branch.

Great Place to work

Great place to work, great staff and lots of room for growth. Really good training programs in place. Management teams are always available and willing to assist you with what ever you need.

Ok place to work

CAS has lots of great people working within the company. But more training is required for new employees. More employee input needs to be taken seriously and implemented to move forward as company grows.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Slow on implementing changes

I think CAS is a great company to work for because they give people opportunities to grow within the company ...

this job like any job it has up and downs .. a lot of the staff are team player and we all pull together as a team to get the job done .. most management work hard to keep team happy and treat the staff with respect and help improve people to strengthen their weakness ...

Pros

i have awesome staff ..

Productive and fun workplace I will highly recommend this place to others for work

I just love working here, I never wanna leave this company, it suits me so much all my managers are really smart,kind and friendly. The workplace is really amazing. I never get bored while working here. Hope I can reach the heights of this best company in upcoming years.

Stress filled / blantant disregard for customers. Snipping of orders happens daily. Even mangers steal orders!

Horrible experienced. Managemnt expects far too much! Wants to control every aspect. Discounts are promoted but it results in VERY low, in some instances no commission. Company has NO regard to home life.Customers receive no customer service support. Product that is bought n paid in full is constantly used to fulfill "priority" orders.

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

No respect...period!

Friendly employees

It's a good place to work. Nice work environment with long hours. If you're good at handling a lot of customer complaints then you can fit in very well.Stressful sometimes

Pros

Free lunch sometimes

Cons

Lots of money if your good at sales

Good company to work for if your committed . I don’t have anymore weekends but my bank account is saying hello to future toys. The hours are long but everyone I worked with was good… it’s challenging some days but I like that.. you meet awesome people every day

Fast paced environment.Excellent opportunities for growth.

From Day 1 CAS has proved to be a cut above the rest. Fast paced environment that embraces talent! Being part of the company growth has had a tremendous effect on my career.

Decent company to work for with standard benefits.

Overall a decent company to work for with average benefits, Job security is not solid as decisions are generally taken more on people perceptions than data. Also, scope for career progression is limited

Pros

Friendly people and team members

Cons

Stressful work, low career growth prospects

A good place to work, with enough room to adopt your own leadership style

Great working environment:- Results driven- No Micromanagement- Good Team Spirit- Regular Performance Reviews Great Benefits with state of the art insurance coverageDue to the distance from the Head Office, one could feel outside the sphere of influence at times...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Appliance Source. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement