Canadian Appliance Source Employee Reviews

Learn Selling Big ticket items
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 October 2018
An ideal employee for Canadian Appliance Source is a young, inexperienced worker with low salary expectations.This is a great place to temporarily work in order to learn the basics of Appliance Sales and Operations and to get some experience on your resume. Experienced workers on all levels should stay clear.
Pros
Good Prices
Cons
Poor Service
Internet lucky
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 October 2018
Caution: Beware of any 4-5 star, 100% positive ratings that absolutely offers no real insight into the company - guaranteed to be plants from management. If you need a job yes go ahead. Only internet made it possible to put false reviews to get bonus from the employer.
Pros
Did not see any
Cons
Endless pain.
Official response from Canadian Appliance Source
11 October 2018

It is unfortunate that you feel this way.

Just wanted to politely point out that the link for the review site on Indeed is actually shared openly to every new hire once they have completed their probationary period as part of our feedback program.

Also, we do not practice "reviews for bonuses" for our sales associates. That program was done away with at the end of 2017. Then again, nothing prevents us from rewarding our staff when they receive a positive review!

Growing business. Lots of room for advancement.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON26 August 2018
Just started my employment with CAS. I go to work learning more each day. Management is more than willing to help. Company is growing rapidly across Canada. They pay a very fair starting wage until your commission is higher than the wage. Usually this takes a few months. I go to work each day with a positive mind set and really enjoy my job. If you have a positive mind set and with the company rapidly expanding there will be many opportunities for advancement at CAS. If you are reading this and debating whether or not to apply for a job posting I strongly recommend applying. Working here is a great place to work. I’m excited to see what my career at CAS holds. I
Pros
Work environment, room for advancement, pay
Cons
Working weekends unless you request it off.
Hardworking is the key of success
Customer Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC25 August 2018
I started my career at Canadian Appliance Source as a Customer Care Representative in January 2018. Since then I became a part of CAS family. At CAS work atmosphere is extremely positive. This is a place where hardworking is the key of success. Management supports and motivates their employees. I was promoted to the position of Customer Care Manager in June 2018. New role in the company opened to me new opportunities and gave me a chance to share my motivation with my teammates. I am very proud to be a part of this great organization which provides me with necessary tools and knowledge. What amazes me the most at CAS is how management takes feedback from employees to improve the company. I enjoy the fact that I represent the best Canadian company. Thank you CAS.
Great place, great people
Purchasing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke6 August 2018
This company is busy, which keeps your day moving quickly. There is lots of support for all your questions, and a very friendly overall environment. A great place to work!
Pros
Company events, friendly staff
Great place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC23 April 2018
Since starting here last year CAS has grown fast & so much opportunity is in the works. I’m very proud to be working here & always a pleasure to go to work. I look forward to having a great career here.
Pros
Good environment, good advancement & good hours.
Best company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC17 April 2018
Eager to go to work every day, work atmosphere is extremely motivating. From the beginning I felt that I am part of the team.

This is place where hardworking and dedication are noticed. Very professional and meantime friendly management that will always support. Place, where your opinion is respected.

Company is growing very fast and there is opportunity for growth. I am extremely proud and happy that I work for this great company. Looking forward to a long successful career with CAS.
The Right Choice
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON17 April 2018
Having been in the Appliance Industry for some time now I can honestly say joining the CAS team was the absolute right choice. Culturally this is one of the best places I have worked in the industry. Management is thoroughly on top of their game providing a structured, encouraging, and enjoyable work environment. Tools provided for executing your day to day are absolutely phenomenal. They are sincere leaders in this industry constantly growing and expanding their team. But more importantly encouraging and allowing for personal growth within the company. Opportunities are endless and things are always changing for the better. What really amazes me is how genuinely they take associate feedback to continue to improve this organization. I feel supported and challenged in my job which is a top priority for selecting a place of employment. All in all I am more than satisfied with my decision to come to CAS and I am looking forward to growing with the company.
Pros
professionalism, leadership, work environment
Very productive and friendly environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON17 April 2018
Very friendly and productive environment to work in. Everybody looks out for each other and managers are very easy to talk to and helpful.
The company takes pride in the products and services that are offered to their customers. Employees are also valued and it is evident by the way our managers relate to us.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Work on weekends
Great Innovative Company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON17 April 2018
I have been in the retail industry for more than 25+ years this has to be one of the best companies I have ever worked for! Very Innovative, user friendly and high tech sales order and follow up system to use. It makes your job very easy and you make less mistakes. Management always there for you for help and to support. Easy access to top management who always wants to hear from you for any suggestions or improvements. Job work and life balance is great, much better than my previous job. Employees are cared for, respected and recognized for the contribution they make everyday. Overall great support staff and very high paced professional work environment. For a challenging and rewarding career, this is the best place!
Busy and Growing
Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 March 2018
Busy, so days fly by. My managers listen to ideas and implement them if good/effective.

Great people to work with. Exciting to be part of growth and be rewarded accordingly.
Pros
People
Cons
Commute
Precious time of my life gone to the dust bin
Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto10 March 2018
I would not have given even a single star if this was not mandatory. I know in the long run the truth prevails. If to be cunning is the trait of a good management, they have the best managers.
Stay away if you can
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 February 2018
No respect for sales people. No professionalism. Sycophancy is the only culture. If you are looking for a career in sales then you will get disappointment. They will find a way not to pay what you deserve.
Busy and engaged
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 January 2018
Fast paced and productive weekdays and extremely busy weekends.
Excellent place to work and make above average Income.
Must be able to adjust to constant changes as the company is growing
Pros
Busy and productive
Not a nice place
Appliance Sales (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 January 2018
Management places no value on employees. Revolving door culture. Minimum wage after 6 months. Training too short. No pay for training travel. No patience with new employees.
A good company to work for
Logistics (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 April 2017
I have been with the company for just over a year. During that time we have seen tremendous growth, which is exciting to be a part of.

Management encourages staff to expand skills and responsibilities and to take ownership of projects. Support is offered and is available as and when needed.

There is a friendly atmosphere throughout the and also a sense that people from every department are working hard to move the company forward.

I feel I am challenged every day to work hard and it's rewarding to see the difference my efforts make. I feel my opinions are listened to and the work I do is valued. The workload is high but that's as a consequence of growth. There are some issues that have arisen due to the increase in volume but steps are being taken to improve systems and efficiency.
Pros
Friendly staff, supportive management, growing company
Simply a great career....
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 March 2017
After being in retail for the past 35 years I came to Canadian Appliance Source just over a year ago in Hamilton. This is by far the most concise and professional appliance company in Canada. The training and overall atmosphere is excellent. Opportunities to earn a great income are abundant within this company. The customer care department and management staff are vigilant at helping the sales people with every aspect of the sale and delivery.I have never worked for a company that offers the sales incentives and the bonus structure that Canadian Appliance Source does. I enjoy coming to work each day knowing that this company strives to be the best in Canada at providing us with the best marketing strategy in the country. The hours also are considerably shorter then every other major appliance retailer. This keeps our staff fresh and maintains a balance of personal life and career. This as stated is.....simply a great career!
Pros
Great income.
Cons
Excellent opportunity for growth, strong leadership.
Logistics (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 March 2017
I have worked at CAS for less than a year and so far it has been a great company to work for.

Management respects and values their employees as evidenced by the salary and benefits package.

CAS leadership encourages and nurtures a team environment and communicates change well. They welcome feedback from staff to streamline company processes and are quick to implement changes that make day-to-day work more efficient and effective.

This is a company where hard work actually pays off. There is a lot of growth in the company (which means that there is ample opportunity for promotions and pay increases).

I'm glad I found this company and I look forward to a long career with CAS.
Pros
Great coworkers, Team Environment, Strong Leadership
Most sophisticated company in appliance market
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke20 March 2017
I have been with CAS about a year. I have been enjoying every day at work so far. One of the most attractive aspects of the company is its culture. I have never felt I am being drawn into top to bottom dated corporate brick and mortar culture. Whatever the role you are performing at CAS ,everyone gets the same respect they deserve and team members always there to help you if ever needed.
Second ,its innovative approach to appliance market. CAS provides all the necessary high-tech tools in order to provide highest satisfaction to it's clients.
Third , CAS is very versatile when it comes to problem solving. Executive team is always keeping all the communication channels open so when problem occurs they can come up with a solution fast in order to increase efficiency.
Pros
income, innovative, respectful environment, versatile
Cons
Weekend
Great Innovative Company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON20 March 2017
One of the best companies I have ever worked for! Very Innovative, user friendly and high tech sales order and follow up system to use. It makes your job very easy and you make less mistakes. Management always there for you for help and to support. Easy access to top management who always wants to hear from you for any suggestions or improvements. Job work and life balance is great, much better than my previous job. Employees are cared for, respected and recognized for the contribution they make everyday. Overall great support staff and very high paced professional work environment. For a challenging and rewarding career, this is the best place!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Appliance Source. Our community is ready to answer.

Canadian Appliance Source Reviews by Location