Canadian Appliance Source

Canadian Appliance Source Employee Reviews

Featured review
Canadian Appliance Source selected this as a representative review
for me I was comfy working at Canadian appliance my coworkers wear helpful and management was well manage. I had a great time working at Canadian appliance with friendly co-workers
Days are differents one another because some days you have much pick up and you can't have time to eat. Personnely I like the environnment of my work place we have fun.
Saturdaysshipping and receiving, taking payments, managing inventory hardest part is loading heavy items into customer's cars the enjoyable part is making new friends everyday because i deal with so many customers
Pros
at least once in a month the manager buys me lunch
Cons
longest hours spent at work is may be 10 hours
A typical day at work involves coming in and preparing for the afternoon shift. I learned that planning and preparing sets the shift up for success. The management is always present and looking for ways for the company to be better. The workplace culture is mixed with people of all races however we all work and get along like family. The hardest part of the job involves maintaining a productive standard, not everyday is going to be a win. I enjoy coming to work and being faced with different scenarios. There is never a day where I do repetitive work, it maybe within my role however the conditions will vary.
Pros
Free lunches, overtime if needed and casual environment.
Cons
Must be able to lift 75 lbs comfortably
10 May 2021
Thank you for the positive feedback. We agree, one thing with CAS is that everyday we are challenged with new and different things.
This company likes to create a negative and threatening environment. Morale is terrible. They fire people all the time because of numbers written even if they are good .Was good when I first started but then downhill mostly because of upper management making decisions to do or change things then changing back when it didn't work .You never know what today will bring. The hours are not the greatest either. This is a fairly new company and they are very forward thinking to be better. I give them credit for that. Too bad they have to continue to stumble to get it right.
Pros
Cons
Too negative
10 May 2021
Thank you for the feedback. It is unfortunate you feel this way. A few things to note: we advise our employees of the working hours in the job posting and during our interview process. Many Sales Associates appreciate the evenings off! In term of the changes, we are a growing Company and we embrace Improvement as one of our core values. We are dedicated to evolving, innovating, and constant improvement.
I am satisfied with my revenue and looking forwards to develop more business , a lot of work to do in Sales and other admin. Tasks , but it pays off as long as you follow up with it .No one is perfect but I would say this will be the best place to work for in the Major appliances industry.
Pros
short shifts on week end .
Cons
Customer service reverse some tasks to you, you don't just do sales.
10 May 2021
Thank you for this feedback! We are striving to improve our processes everyday.
Too many changes in the system at a fast pace. Not enough time for the associates to settle down. As an SSM, too many distractions from the chore job of selling.
Pros
Transparency w management
Cons
A bit stressful with all the new changes coming up
Working with CAS has been a great experience and all round development for me. It is a company that looks affect everyone growth. I have growth over the years and even train new employees after me. It is literally my first job when I migrate to Canada, and I have learnt the Canadian WORK Culture through CAS.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Good hours
there is a lot to do but if you have good time management and like commission jobs this is a very high paced but lucrative job experience for those that are committed
Pros
no night shifts
Cons
long hours, no weekend off
A typical day as a Customer Care Representative at CAS involves arriving at your reserved cubicle to go over tickets or tasks that may have been assigned to you. Then comes answering calls from customers, which takes up the majority of the day but can be satisfying knowing you assisted in an essential purchase. Management is the furthest thing from being domineering, allowing you to make mistakes as long as you learn from them. The hardest part of the job is informing a customer we do not have their product(s) due to a manufacturer delay. The most enjoyable part of the job is using the many tools CAS offers to satisfy customers.
Pros
Clean workspace and washrooms, periodic pay raise, free parking
Cons
Manufacture delays
I had a well-organized onboarding procedure and the culture was amazing. Very diverse place that everyone in the team was so helpful.I will highly recommend this job to anyone. And the pay rate was so good.
I have been working for Canadian Appliace Source for more than 2 years now and I am very greatful to be part of this company. We have very supportive managment. Great pay and of-course it requires initiative and lots of effort. Due to the nature of commission everyone has the ability to decide how much effort to put behind continuous learning and helping clients to decide on their overall pay. I really like the work culture at CAS, a lot of co-workers and managers that I know are like family to me now. The only thing that I wish was better is the working hours. We have very long working hours and we all work on weekends.
Pros
Free lunches (unfortunatly due to covid we have not enjoyed this benefit)
Cons
Long hours, not having weekends off
My experience has been nothing but a problematic. Bonuses not paid properly. Delivery company screwing up your orders and you will be punished for the same(your commission gets deducted for every problem Delivery creates). You have been abused by customers constantly without your fault.
Pros
Cons
Lack of management support, workplace environment is toxic
Its always fun coming to work, speaking with new clients, building professional relationships, and trying to be the top sales person.You have phones, walk in customers, chatting system sales, they give you every opportunity to make as much sales as you want, and you get what you put into it, there is no cap for growth. I appreciate that they can see when someone works hard, and puts in the effort.
Pros
Your own desk, Freedom to sale, great staff, great pay.
Exciting products, high quality people, dynamic solution challenges, commitment to excellence, corporate values.The managers focus on the work you do. There is a minimum of favoritism and personality clashes.
Pros
Great work environment with amazing team work.
Cons
Ensure we are planning long terms for any adjustments we make to our business.
To summarize my experience with CAS, the word growth comes to mind. I was fortunate to come on board when we had only two locations in Ontario. Things are extremely fast paced and always changing. To succeed here, you must be adaptable and get to know all aspects of the company, even if you're hired in just one department. Advancement is always a possibility, but never a given. I'm glad we expanded through COVID, even though the work days were extremely long picking up the slack of those who didn't excel working from home.
Pros
Travel, Senior Leadership are friendly.
Cons
Long days, Amount of Workload at time
Canadian Appliance Source is a great place to make a living! There are always tasks and challenges to keep you moving forward and involved, and a tremendous amount of support when you have questions. The workplace culture is cutting edge, and the staff is a delight to work with.
Pros
Lunch Events, Birthday Celebrations, Holiday Functions
Cons
N/a
Typical day consist of a tug of war over resources between different areas of the warehouse .Management does the best they can. With the resources that they are given.Workplace culture can be too playful at times. Too much talking and camaraderie when there is work to be done. Faster Pace needed. Hardest part is not having competent staff. What I like about my job completing the task that's put before me and my team.
Pros
Leaving work before Rush Hour
Cons
Fighting for resources staff and space
Great workplace for those willing to take on the challenge of a fast-paced and growing company. Management always present and willing to help employees learn and grow.
I felt right away that CAS warehouse was different from other warehouses I’ve worked at, it was spacious,organized,well lit with great personalities to work with. Most warehouses feel like dungeons, not CAS. Advancement opportunities are hard to come by but the company is still young in the province of Quebec and patience is required. Overall a great place to work.
Pros
Salary, Benefits, Pizza Days, Christmas Parties, fun work environment
Cons
Advancement from within/no leadership training programs
Started with this company with zero knowledge of its policy or procedures.Was given proper training to advance my skills.Team support from all departments
Pros
team work. inter department support. free lunches, BBQ s and recognition on great job
Cons
heavy items. lot of walking. multi similar items(1 letter or 1 number different)