Canadian Appliance Source

Canadian Appliance Source Employee Reviews

Canada33 reviews
Featured review
Canadian Appliance Source selected this as a representative review
it was great place to work with such a good people
for me I was comfy working at Canadian appliance my coworkers wear helpful and management was well manage. I had a great time working at Canadian appliance with friendly co-workers
Nice showroom working conditions with long hours
The showrooms are nice to work in. The training for the job is non-existent when it comes to product knowledge so you have to learn the products on the go as fast as you can. You compete with your sales managers on the floor so they're not always available to assist you. Standard hours are about 45 hours a week but can go up to 75 - 80 hours when there are special promotions. Sometimes you only get one day off and sometimes you are required to attend training sessions on your day off as well.
Good place
Room for growth depends on management. Good people. Helpful team. Needs more professional speaking habits when speaking with employees but overall a good place to work
Awful values and policies
This company only cares about sales. They want you to charm a customer into a sale without being honest about policies (example: non refundable deposit). Once we got the customers money, I wasnt allowed to acknowledge any complaints, it had to be transferred to "customer service" where they basically told customers there was nothing they could do. I felt like a sleazy salesman. The company also doesnt stand behind their products if something is delivered defective. These things made for extremely mad customers that we go into trouble for trying to help.
Official response from Canadian Appliance Source
30 September 2019
Hi there,

It is unfortunate you feel that way but I hope that I can better explain our policies for you.

The non-refundable deposit is put in place to prevent consumers from price matching a sold order with our competitors and abusing our Price Match Policy.

We also have a dedicated team in our Customer Care and Resolution departments that are trained to deal with customer complaints. We created this team to help alleviate the stress and after-sales issues sales associates used to deal with. After all, you are commission based! We wanted to ensure you were not taking care of things other than making your sales!

Here is our policy taken from the website, https://www.canadianappliance.ca/Content/Content/Return-Policy-63/ If a product is delivered and it is defective, the customer has 48 hours to report it. We also state in our policy that all defects are subject to the manufacturer's warranty. This is because manufacturers take care of functionality issues. We do not train or employ service technicians Unfortunately, CAS doesn't make the products, we only sell them!

I hope this gave you a better idea of why our policies are the way they are.
Breakdown in communication
I started with this company and rec'd excellent training in policies, procedures and product knowledge.
However the manager played favorite with one sales person that caused me endless grief in working extra hours, and taking heat for problems that this sales person caused.

The manager did not see it that way, so I left.

I was surprised that no one contacted me to hear whey I did leave.

I would have stayed if someone had listened to my side of this huge problem.
Pros
Great training
Cons
Manager did nothing to correct a very bad situation.
Waste of time
Tiny Stores means sitting and showing Appliances on line all day.
Hunting for customers on line when you are not with a customer on the phone.A few walk in customers in a 10 hour day,camera pointed at you all day,no leaving the store for lunch breaks,terrible Management,no spiffs though they are promised.Poor selection.Half the $ you will make at a real Appliance Store.
Pros
Good software program
Cons
Everything else.
- A typical day at work is answering phone calls and making outbound calls to customers

- Management makes you feel like you are valuable and open to helping you progress

-The culture is very positive and hardworking

- Hardest part is dealing with difficult customers and having to often multi-task

-What I enjoy most are the people there
Pros
Work environment
Productive working place and good teammates
Working here you must be a team player, they’ve got good teammates on ground. I personally detest the late night shifts, the management needs to hire more people at different locations than inconveniencing those who do not wish to work at night.
They need to improve their pay for those in Customer service and resolution, these guys do a lot of work and complain within themselves about their pay.

You get to meet people from different backgrounds, it is a multicultural place I must say and really fun. Very nice people and easy going
Pros
Good teammates, hope they are regarded and retained at all cost
Cons
Night shift and Saturday shift which isn’t considered overtime
Learn Selling Big ticket items
An ideal employee for Canadian Appliance Source is a young, inexperienced worker with low salary expectations.This is a great place to temporarily work in order to learn the basics of Appliance Sales and Operations and to get some experience on your resume. Experienced workers on all levels should stay clear.
Pros
Good Prices
Cons
Poor Service
Internet lucky
Caution: Beware of any 4-5 star, 100% positive ratings that absolutely offers no real insight into the company - guaranteed to be plants from management. If you need a job yes go ahead. Only internet made it possible to put false reviews to get bonus from the employer.
Pros
Did not see any
Cons
Endless pain.
Official response from Canadian Appliance Source
11 October 2018
It is unfortunate that you feel this way.

Just wanted to politely point out that the link for the review site on Indeed is actually shared openly to every new hire once they have completed their probationary period as part of our feedback program.

Also, we do not practice "reviews for bonuses" for our sales associates. That program was done away with at the end of 2017. Then again, nothing prevents us from rewarding our staff when they receive a positive review!
Good place, family owned.
Day to day work is not too hard. It's family owned business which makes it feel more personable. A customer is really a king with this company and everyone tries to bend backward to help out whenever they can.
Hardworking is the key of success
I started my career at Canadian Appliance Source as a Customer Care Representative in January 2018. Since then I became a part of CAS family. At CAS work atmosphere is extremely positive. This is a place where hardworking is the key of success. Management supports and motivates their employees. I was promoted to the position of Customer Care Manager in June 2018. New role in the company opened to me new opportunities and gave me a chance to share my motivation with my teammates. I am very proud to be a part of this great organization which provides me with necessary tools and knowledge. What amazes me the most at CAS is how management takes feedback from employees to improve the company. I enjoy the fact that I represent the best Canadian company. Thank you CAS.
Great place, great people
This company is busy, which keeps your day moving quickly. There is lots of support for all your questions, and a very friendly overall environment. A great place to work!
Pros
Company events, friendly staff
Best company to work for
Eager to go to work every day, work atmosphere is extremely motivating. From the beginning I felt that I am part of the team.

This is place where hardworking and dedication are noticed. Very professional and meantime friendly management that will always support. Place, where your opinion is respected.

Company is growing very fast and there is opportunity for growth. I am extremely proud and happy that I work for this great company. Looking forward to a long successful career with CAS.
The Right Choice
Having been in the Appliance Industry for some time now I can honestly say joining the CAS team was the absolute right choice. Culturally this is one of the best places I have worked in the industry. Management is thoroughly on top of their game providing a structured, encouraging, and enjoyable work environment. Tools provided for executing your day to day are absolutely phenomenal. They are sincere leaders in this industry constantly growing and expanding their team. But more importantly encouraging and allowing for personal growth within the company. Opportunities are endless and things are always changing for the better. What really amazes me is how genuinely they take associate feedback to continue to improve this organization. I feel supported and challenged in my job which is a top priority for selecting a place of employment. All in all I am more than satisfied with my decision to come to CAS and I am looking forward to growing with the company.
Pros
professionalism, leadership, work environment
Very productive and friendly environment
Very friendly and productive environment to work in. Everybody looks out for each other and managers are very easy to talk to and helpful.
The company takes pride in the products and services that are offered to their customers. Employees are also valued and it is evident by the way our managers relate to us.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Work on weekends
Great Innovative Company
I have been in the retail industry for more than 25+ years this has to be one of the best companies I have ever worked for! Very Innovative, user friendly and high tech sales order and follow up system to use. It makes your job very easy and you make less mistakes. Management always there for you for help and to support. Easy access to top management who always wants to hear from you for any suggestions or improvements. Job work and life balance is great, much better than my previous job. Employees are cared for, respected and recognized for the contribution they make everyday. Overall great support staff and very high paced professional work environment. For a challenging and rewarding career, this is the best place!
Busy and Growing
Busy, so days fly by. My managers listen to ideas and implement them if good/effective.

Great people to work with. Exciting to be part of growth and be rewarded accordingly.
Pros
People
Cons
Commute
Precious time of my life gone to the dust bin
I would not have given even a single star if this was not mandatory. I know in the long run the truth prevails. If to be cunning is the trait of a good management, they have the best managers.
Stay away if you can
No respect for sales people. No professionalism. Sycophancy is the only culture. If you are looking for a career in sales then you will get disappointment. They will find a way not to pay what you deserve.
Busy and engaged
Fast paced and productive weekdays and extremely busy weekends.
Excellent place to work and make above average Income.

Must be able to adjust to constant changes as the company is growing
Pros
Busy and productive
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Appliance Source. Our community is ready to answer.