CanadaHelps

CanadaHelps Employee Reviews

Canada4 reviews
You are told from the get go that the job is not easy, and they are not joking. Its hands down the hardest job I've had. HOWEVER the downside is it seems like you are expected to know everything right away. There is no leeway or give for not knowing how things work internally. The level of perfection demanded from day one is unreasonable and difficult to work under. The learning curve was so steep it may as well have been a sheer wall of ice.
Really great work atmosphere among co-workers. Driven and compassionate people, interested in their work. Lots of learning, a unique environment.

Micro-managing; not of "favourite" staff though. Tiered structure in company: "lower-level" employees not respected. Too much blame not enough self-awareness of real cause of problems. Horrible CEO.
Pros
Downtown location, work form home options, great colleagues
Cons
Blame-culture, little vacation, pay is a bit lower than what one would consider 'competitive'
I love working with these guys , a lot of fun . wonderful environment . relaxed and flexible . good management . you will really love the environment and the food lol
The hardest part of the job was the day when we decided to launch the roll out with many fixes and features., One of the feature was to update the email templates and we deployed it without testing. It was not in my notice to test. As team deployed our changes, marketing team came with all the issues with emails, They were not updated as required. ON behalf of a QA, it was my responsibility to handle that issue as we fixed the next launch after 6 days. As a result,I contacted the marketing team and explained them all the test results. There was no bug that we had to fix immediately and the marketing team agreed till the next launch.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at CanadaHelps?