Canada Revenue Agency Employee Review

View all Canada Revenue Agency reviews

Quiet but constant.
Assessment & Benefits Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  2215 Gladwin Crescent, Ottawa ON2 July 2014
The work was fairly steady, we rarely had days where we weren't busy. On the off day that we weren't our supervisors would often have us helping the other divisions. A usual day entailed going down the list of cases, calling people up and making sure our information was correct.

It was a nice, quiet work environment and I genuinely liked everyone on my team. The hardest part was adjusting to the frequent changes in policy or procedure. They didn't change day to day, but often enough that we'd have to re-evaluate how we approached things and adjust accordingly.

I'd say the best part of the job was definitely the flexible hours - you could elect to put in extra time each day to get more time off later, which worked great for my schedule.
Pros
Friendly, helpful environment with good support (and benefits!)
Cons
The days could sometimes feel long, and cold-calling people is never pleasant.

Other Canada Revenue Agency Employee Reviews

Good pay and benefits; no training
Mailroom clerk/General technician (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB24 April 2018
I started working while they were understaffed and received very little help or training until I was thrown into it headfirst. Because of this, my coworkers didn't trust me and the atmosphere at work made me extremely upset because no one would give me half a minute to figure out what I was supposed to be doing before giving my task to someone else.
professional workspace
Taxpayer Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON19 April 2018
very professional
very accommodating
great benefits

the staff is amazing, really learn a lot about our tax system
many opportunities to learn, grow and move up in the CRA