Canada Revenue Agency
Happiness score is 66 out of 100

Canada Revenue Agency: 819 Employee Reviews

Canada819 reviews

canadataxtaxpayerrevenuecontractgovernmentcentreagency

Great place to work. Coworkers are great. Pay is Good. Great work life balance. Not as high stress as some might imagine. Most work is virtual now too.

Bad place and stressful job any of them!

Work place is toxic. They don’t have a work life balance. This very very very high stress job. Expect to gain weight and not be listening too. DON’T work hard otherwise you will make your other team mates hate you and especially your TEAM LEADER LOOK BAD! Doesn’t make sense, trust me it’s government NOTHING makes sense. Keep your head down and @s* up! Good luck and never again !

Insights into Canada Revenue Agency

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction

Great

Really good place to work, helpful staff and very friendly. Looked forward to going to work everyday and would recommend this company to anyone. Interview process was short as well.

Great worklife balance/benefits, average pay

Never have to work longer than the 7.5hours a dayLots of PTO and sick day. No restrictions for useDefined benefit pensionFully remote No bonusesGood starting pay, but takes time for big raises (promotions). Based on time in the company, not credentials.

Favorite place I've worked thus far.

Fast paced, casual, inclusive work place. Super supportive supervisors. 9/10 coworkers are ridiculously friendly, and non judgmental. Cannot wait for my recall to work.

Work environment is excellent

Overall work experience has been very satisfying. The main stumbling block is gaining fulltime employment. The majority of employment is on a contract basis which gives a high percentage of staffing retention.

Pros

Work environment

Cons

Contract work

A low stress job

My workplace is super low stress without any regular overtimed required. This has helped me a lot when i need find time to study in order to better my career prospects.

Pros

low pressure, easy going

Cons

can get boring

Great work

Easy work than the private companies. Good salary not more than private ones out there. But caring and supporting senior staff members. Lots of opportunities for growth.

Salaire compétitif mais environnement de travail toxique

Centre d'appels régional- formation botchée pour la période des impôts- certains chefs d'équipe espionnent les membres des autres équipes pour aller rapporter sur eux et trouvent ça normal- d'autres chefs d'équipes cherchent plus à se faire aimer qu'à se comporter de façon à ce qu'on ne pense pas qu'ils ont des chouchous- pression pour expédier les appels que les gens sortent du building à 21hEnvironnement de travail vraiment horrible dans la mesure où les gens semblent oublier qu'ils sont là pour travailler et non pas pour se comporter comme s'ils étaient au secondaire ou bossaient dans un fast-food.

Pros

Aucun point positif

Cons

8 à 10 s entre les appels; 30 mn de pause pour manger

Travail répétitif mais plaisant à court terme

Contrat de 3 mois. Travail de nuit de 16h a minuit, plusieurs formations (symboliques) pendant une semaine et prise en main du poste rapide. Apres 2 mois, évaluation qui donne le droit de revenir l’année prochaine. Très bonne conditions de travail, collègues et responsables très cool. Le travail est surveillé mais ya pas de soucis avec ça.

Pros

Ambiance et conditions de travail

Cons

On espère une prolongation mais c’est réservé aux anciens!

Very generous vacation and sick leave policy

Great place to work, supportive management and supervisors. Sometimes you do get difficult callers. Tax Payer Agent job is kind of busy through the year

Stressful

I found it very stressful and confusing, manual is difficult to follow, high expectations of daily productivity rate. I would prefer to be put into a lower position for $2 an hour difference not worth the stress.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Work

A good place to work learn and grow

a fun place to work with lot to learn. Challenge with the individuals calling you with all various queries. Mgt overall good. Opportunity to grow. the only catch is that you are on term contract with potential to be permanent in the long run if the mgt likes you and favors you. So one got to be in their good books. Rest all good. Better than working with private companies.

Excellent place to work

I worked here for 35 years, would do it all over again. Management is a tough job, but if you work hard, stay focused, do what you have to do, then you'll reap the rewards of retirement.

Poor management!

Management is terrible!New management comes in a couple times of year it seems, and they all want to make changes !!It’s terrible to try to keep up with the changes !If it ain’t broke ! Don’t fix it !They hire staff, that I don’t even know where they find these people !

Pros

Some coworkers are nice

Cons

Poor management!

Cco

average job, pay is good. Training is minimal and you learn as you go. Some supervisor do not give adequate feedback. Other supervisors offer tremendous support and help guide you as you learn.

work life balance

Great work-life balance, Great supervisor, enough family time, remote work with a supportive team, and lots of coaching and training. Management comes highly recommended.

Production and fun workplace

Firstly,i would like to say that my first day at work was a litlle bit tough because of fellow that i met there cause the way of commication with them was not as well as planed and secondly, i learned a lot of things there such as, receiving people at the time that their are coming in agency thirdly, i learned listening about suggestion of people for mistakes that we've done for not doing it anymore and then differents ways ofn being with people but it was so tough for because i didn't know people there and so thereford the most enjopyable part of the job for is the way that they received me cause i've met people persons there

Pros

free lunches

Cons

healthcare

Excellent employer

Responsive, caring, lots of training and progression available. Many different paths and department sections depending on employee interests. Lots of interaction with senior people to help determine career path.

Decent pay but not worth it

Working in the call center is a nightmare. Management is rude and unprofessional, they expect perfection every single day and are not lenient when it comes to making mistakes. They say there are opportunities to move up, but they only give those to people who are suck ups. If you're looking for a job that will give you grey hair and make you miserable, well then this would be the job for you. Not worth it.

Worked there over 25 years.

I started as a clerk in January 1990. I was on contract for two years. I got a permanent position with Revenue Canada answering queries from clients in the call centre. I’d had many internal courses to be able to do so. I had this position for just over 5 years. I also moved to the front counter helping clients in person. I ended up in the audit division for several years; then to investigations. There was files being assigned for clients appearing to have not filing honest tax, GST, corporate’s filing tax returns that showed claims,income, expenses according to the Income Tax Act the could not be reconciled.Overall, a very good employer for room for advancement to other divisions within the employees work and doing well in one position ready for advancement at your own pace.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canada Revenue Agency. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement