Canada Post logo
Canada Post

Canada Post Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

Found 1,746 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,787 reviews

Flexible working time for me (3-11pm)

Not stressful, easy job, good pay. It likes a paid work-out to me. You have to pay the union fee ($90/month) even you work only one day.The co-works and the supervisors are friendly.

Pros

Good pay, low pressure at work.

Cons

Not consistent schedule for the part time worker.

Lots of exercise, the job will keep you in shape. Management keeps your well being in mind and often gives the options of early starts to avoid the extreme heat in summer

Pros

Days only

Cons

Cold weather

Careful what you wish for!!

I’ve worked for Canada Post for over 15 years, all in the same building in Kelowna and it’s scary to see the supervisors and management run this place into the ground. This place has never run so poorly, largely in part to the supervisors, superintendent and manager not having a clue what they’re doing. The pay is nowhere near where it should be, and if I wasn’t so close to retirement I would be looking for another job ASAP!!

Pros

Exercise

Cons

Everything else

One of the best places to work

Excellent company. You will always be assured of respect from the management team at Canada Post. I worked in a professional office environment. Canada Post always looks inside before promoting and have an excellent tuition reimbursement program. If you are willing to relocate to a larger center hard work and a commitment to continuing education can take you to the top of the organization. Being Bilingual is a huge asset. Working at a plant or in the fulfillment aspect is more challenging due to the unionized environment. That said, if you do your job you will not have any difficulties.

Pros

Opportunity for advancements

Cons

Most jobs start as casual

flexible work

Working for government seems like an awesome idea with decent pay but after all the training fingerprinting background cheeks and all the testing you are ready to rock hard but unfortunately what they don't tell you that you start as a casual worker, call into work maybe few times a month and regardless how many hours you work you will have to pay union dues $98. Which will most likely make you work for less then minimum vague. And then you will hope that some day you can become part time worker well make sure you ready to wait 2 to 3 years as it goes by seniority.

Pros

security

Cons

not good pay after union dues

Why review I thin my comments are satisfactory

Over all very satisfying job Not sure after 39 years if it would be a good choice today Work with fantastic people Some management exceptional others not so much power corrupts

Pros

Love overtime

Cons

Can't think of any

Not bad depending on location

Would have stayed if I was able to get another location. My manager was very rude. Found out I was left handed and said if she knew during interview she wouldn't have hired me.

Pros

Pay, benefits rtc

Cons

Management in my area

Great for temporary / casual work, but not long term

If your best friend isn't in management do not expect to go far in this organization. It does not matter how hard you work and your dedication, you will be replaced without a care in the world when their friend needs a job. Beats flipping burgers but the company is so dissorganized you end up taking the brunt for a lot of things beyond your control. You won't get any benefits as they only hire on as causal and temp even after working 40+ hours for 3 years I still was not eligible to benefits or a full time placement,

Pros

no weekends

Cons

no respect no full time hours dissorganized chaos

Great short work day, but work can get monotonous

If you are lucky enough to land employment with Canada Post, what is there to complain about. I enjoy the customers, the simple, easy nature of the job. I worry though that it could get monotonous, delivering to the same people every day. I work alone most of the day, which adds to the tedium. I am a people person and would prefer to get back into a role where I deal with more people.

Pros

Great customers, Essential Service. Predictability

Cons

Predictability, Communication, Coaching

Decent place to work

Nice friendly people, fast paced environment, Supportive team. Overall a great place to work. Only problem is the incredibly long wait for a part or full time positions. Wish hours worked contributed to seniority

Jobs at Canada Post

See more jobs

If you get a position good but not lot of hours sometimes

Some office the shifts not long. Mail volume changes daily. I enjoy going to different offices, some are much busier than others. Uniforms are only provided after you have worked so many hours. They should provide one shirt to begin with as a term not used ones.

Pros

Pay is good.

Cons

Casual, some shift are not very long so hard to make a living

Poor place to work

There was a lot of yelling and screaming at the office. The management team always fight with the union employees. Bad work atmosphere. The training received did not match the reality of the job.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Bad work environment bad training

Not a good place to work.

I was hired over 10 years ago. The worst thing about the job is not the job. The job is great and doable, it’s the supervisors that destroy the awesomeness of the job. All management make bonuses based on your attendance, your injuries, the flyers you deliver, and many other ridiculous things. You are hounded daily about the least important aspects of your job.

Pros

Exercise, customers, being outside.

Cons

Management.

COVID substitute postmaster at the moment. No real future!

Love the job, want to be permanent! Busy fast days helping the public with their questions and concerns. Every day goals are exceeded, I enjoy the challenge.

Pros

Being in charge/ working by myself. Busy days!

Cons

Non conscientious term workers

Decent job

I wasn’t a huge fan of the position. They give you astronomical amounts of mail to deliver and don’t really help you on how to get it done efficiently.

I would recommend to anyone, but it is not for everyone. Good attitude with most ppl. Preston office is best depot in all of KW area. Good atmosphere to be in.

Pros

Work alone most of the time

Cons

Weather conditions

clean and safe vehicle

a very secure job great pay benifits always room for advancement friendly people management proper, everyday is always going to be different.once you learn your route it becomes enjoyable to see your customers

Pros

paid lunch

Cons

traffic

Not a good place to work for long term.

Supervisors and managements are doing bad bad job. Save your time and stay away from Canada post. you will never see a team work in there, most of the employees wont even give a smile. sad place.

Pros

Cons

everything

Tres plaisant comme travail

J'étais adjoint maître de poste, plusieurs tâches à exécuter, service clientèle, résolution de problèmes, vente de produits, classer le courrier, colis etc,, dépôt bancaire, mandat, caisse, vente de monnaie

Pros

Travail diversifie

Cons

Aucun

Productive and work individually

As an employee you should be knowledgeable in your workstation process and ability to work individually. The hardest part of the job is how you manage your time to finished your daily route.

Huge difference of work and pay between seniors & newly hired

You work more, paid less and less uniform than those working before. Most Supervisors specially at Hamilton are the worst & put pressure on new hires

Pros

Benifits

Cons

Difference of work and wage between seniors and juniors

3.3Job security/advancement