Canada Post

Canada Post Employee Reviews

Canada1,954 reviews

Found 1,954 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,999 reviews

It's okay company

Interesting thing about this job is that you get behind the scenes experience of postal service. Typical day - come to work and start sorting all incoming mail. By the time you finished there's a constant stream of people looking for their parcels, letters etc. Sometimes you might have a quiet hour or two, but mostly there's always something happening.

Alright place to work

The people at Canada Post were very pleasant to work with, there was a lot of workplace politics that I stay out of, but my day-to-day work experience was pleasant. There was support when needed and the supervisor made sure employees moral was up when possible

Insights into Canada Post

• Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Fun place great people

Factory work, when it’s busy you are busy. Great employees! I like the supervisors too, others complain about themMidnights best shift with hours everyday if your higher on seniority list, unionized environment

Difficult at first, but gets easier as you gain more seniority. If you don't mind working in all weather conditions, it should be fine.

-Difficult at first-Stressful to learn the different routes- Gets easier with time and more seniority- Shift finishes when you finish your route- Difficult to work in all kinds of weather conditions

Working at Canada Post has been a pleasure. Not only did I get to interact with the public on a daily basis, but I was able to learn alot about what goes on behind the scenes. It's given me alot of respect for all the workers that are employed by Canada Post.

Great workplace and fantastic staff and management team. Absolutely no stress and everyone is helpful and amazing to work with.

I was hired as a casual employee for a seasonal contract. I absolutely loved working as a Postal Clerk. It was physical work, but not a heavy laborious job. It was just enough to keep you moving and stay active. Even though it was night shift, I enjoyed doing the work as it was honestly such a pleasant working environment. It kept me going and it was actually fun! I would love to go back and work there again!

Pros

Great working environment. Helpful and nice people to work with. Unionized, The management team shows a great concern for their employees.

Cons

Hard to become a permanent employee takes a while to get within the company as a permanent employee

As an on-call temp, AT THE SORTING WAREHOUSE, you really need a 2nd job.

During Christmas season you can expect to get 30 - 36 hours a week. Around mid February it's dropped to 8 - 12 hours a week. One thing I've noticed that bothers me is that part-timers, even permanent, get less fair treatment than full-timers. The union is supposed to support all their workers but is biased towards full-timers. They always offer them the over time over part-timers which is unfair. Permanent employees should be treated equally. It's hard to get in to Canada Post but once you do I hear it's very easy to stay. Good pay and benefits. Full-timers are guaranteed 40hrs a week. Part-timers are supposed to get around 20 but have had permanents tell me they only get the bare minimum during the slower times (8hrs). It takes a long time to get permanent - about 2 years at the current rate. They used to have more part-time positions but now only seem to have part-time clerks, at the sorting warehouse, during the 8am - 4pm shift time. Long time workers can be annoying at times when telling you what to do.

Pros

Nice coworkers, pay is above minimum wage.

Cons

Union Bias. Hard to get permanent. Temp/part-time is not enough, need a second job. Only one part-time position available. Lack of communication with temps/on calls.

Steady job but pay and benefits are average.

Good work life balance but some days can be exhausting. Most people will work less than 8 hours in a day. New hires aren’t paid nearly enough. Seniority rules the roost. No room for career progression. The new pension and benefits are average at best.

Pros

Can finish early

Cons

Pay is poor to start with, not much overtime. Can be exhausting on the body.

A challenging job.

Going out and delivering mail on nice day with little mail is great. But that's where it ends. Its a very challenging, physical, and high stress job that is underappreciated by management and the company. They police your every move and take every opportunity they have to increase your workload. And at times, I wasn't sure who the union is there to represent. They allow the company to bully you and turn a blind eye to the companies infractions. What they pay is not worth the mental and physical anguish you have to endure. I had to leave because I was tired of the abuse and neglect.

Pros

Good coworkers.

Cons

Forced overtime often in winter months, uncaring management, unfair wages, harassment and discipline are regular everyday occurrences for minor and irrelevant actions, almost daily mini-meetings to discuss new procedures which consist of demoralizing the employees, and warnings of discipline.

If you’re good at taking orders and following somewhat of routine, might be the place for you

toxic atmosphere with toxic people, no reward for the ones who do work hard, and the lazy seem to be rewarded and never reprimanded, that’s a good old union for you

Pros

You do get a break every two hours

Cons

Lunch cafeterias are fairly overcrowded and no healthy food options

Productive and fun workplace

I worked as a Christmas Casual and recently accepted a position to work as a Temp worker. I highly recommend this job, as the people were overall welcoming and helpful. Additionally, it’s a job that you don’t have to bring home with you.

Fairly simple work

The work is straightforward and simple, pay and benefits are great also. Management is fairly helpful when you have questions, hardest part of the job is standing your whole shift along with the stress of a very hectic holiday season.

Pros

Compensation, Management

A supportive place to uphold the functions of my life and help fellow Canadians, which feels good.

Very supportive environment. Good training. Safety oriented. Friends everywhere you go. If you do your work correctly, management leaves you alone.

Easy working place, pretty straight forward. Enough time for assignments. Communication sucks though.

Pretty good and independent, fun at times. Miserable people. Unappreciated and a sense of entitlement . Lacking discipline. Most transportation shift times are sensitive. Different star times in a schedule for the week which can be tiring on the drivers . Needs to maintain same start times for assignments.

It's a good job.

On-call/casual positions. Obtaining a desirable permanent position partly depends on your own flexibility and preferences. Seniority rules above all else.

Good place to work but…

I was hired as an on call MSC (mail service courier) training was about 8 days. 4 in class and 4 on road. Great ppl and place to work but i didn't get a call for work for 2-3 months. I eventually got a new job by then.

Pros

Good people and training

Cons

Lack of work opportunities

work is repetitive and mundane

Make sure you get paid for hours worked. I didn't and have to go to the labor board. Union is useless management there for themselves.don't complain about treatment or you are gone

No matter where you work there is always bureaucracy.

The company expects one to work long hours and not get over time, the company never paid me holiday pay, I would work the day before and after and still never paid me holiday pay. The company runs on abusing people and then never giving them permanent work.

Pros

Cons

Long hours No job stability Not reasonable pay

Relaxed place to work.

Great place to work. Work at your normal speed, no pressure. Great pay and management. Stable jod if you become permanent. Great benefits and work environment.

Cons

Poor place to work for ambitious people.

Poor place to work with very little job satisfaction. The management does not understand the true essence of what the company is supposed to deliver to the public in terms of a user experience.

Pros

Short days. Excellent exercise.

Cons

Low pay poor management.

Environnment productif et agréable ,

Autonomie dans le journée , 1 heure au bureau et le reste à l'extérieur , difficile pour les journées climatiques extrêmes (tempêtes neige, pluie , température) , être responsable de son camion et de son contenu.. absentéisme et accident de travail élevé.. . être parmi le public sur la route peut-être difficile...

Pros

Organisation de la journée, camaraderie

Cons

Température externe extrême difficile pénible

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement