Canada Post Employee Reviews

front end cashier
Postal Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Lawrence, NL31 January 2018
sorting mail, and entering packages into the system for delivery, organizing stationary and office supplies, directing phone call to the right department
Pros
working close to home
Cons
no cons
Interesting & wide breadth of work
Director, Business Analytics and Intelligence (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 January 2018
Supporting the organization with data & analytics has provided a great opportunity to learn more about the various parts of the business. A unique organization to work for.
No scheduled hours. Expect to work overnight.
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON25 January 2018
Well managed. Moved from various tasks makes job more interesting. Very respectful to workers. Eight hour shifts. Need attention to detail. No scheduled hours to start.
Good solid company, benefits, health exercise, meet new friends
Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 January 2018
Canada Post was a wonderful place to work. I have been retired for 4 years now. I raised a family and bought houses with the salary. Working for yourself on your walk daily was a wonderful expanse of responsibility. The conquest of making it go right daily, was a very reward filled feeling, and the caring for your respective clients was also a road for my future worth learning and putting into practice. In general management was in tuned to the goings on of day to day matters. The hardest part of the job was the few bitter cold days and the beast part of the job was the health and well being that I enjoyed
National company with lots of opportunity
Manager, Plant Operations (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 January 2018
The culture of starting employees as "terms" and continuously extending contracts can be discouraging. Individuals constantly feel on edge worrying about whether or not they will get permanent status.
Working with the union can be challenging as you try to build relationships.
It is a national company, and therefore individuals have many opportunities in many different sections, anywhere across the country.
Pros
Very stable once you become permanent
Cons
Not run like any company trying to make money
Extremely stressful workplace
Letter Carrier (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 January 2018
A typical day at work entails sortation in the morning at the depot, where tensions run high and I often am privy to yelling matches between coworkers and management. The workplace culture is very antagonistic. The demands put upon the workers creates an environment of stress and exhaustion. Overtime is expected, and if a worker is unable to do overtime they are questioned and / or shamed by management. Canada Post is a demanding corporation which exploits its workers. Upper management is composed of a roster of people who have multiple complaints against them regarding psychological abuse and discrimination. There are very few people at work who are happy with their job, and most disclose quietly to one another that they feel trapped and are unhappy.
Pros
The pay, benefits
Cons
Long hours, toxic work environment, physical strain
Professional
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 January 2018
I worked for the N.E.C.F. (National Empty Container Facility) of Canada Post which is the section where we sort and deliver Ad-mail to residential and commercial addresses. Great experience and clean atmosphere to work in, I really enjoyed working at Canada Post but it was only a contract placement!
Pros
very nice staff
Cons
no overtime work
High Stress
Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 January 2018
It was the most stressful job environment I have ever worked in. Low morale was a constant. Supervisors always practised favouritism. The unionized members and Management had a very volatile & unproductive relationship.
Pros
Pension
Cons
Monotomous work, not challenging
Training is not realistic to the job.
Letter Carrier - Temp, On-call (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 January 2018
I passed the 4 week training course with flying colors so I thought i'd do great since I worked as a courier for many years before this job. Truth is, they don't train you with what you will encounter in real life; self-important co-workers, overwhelming amounts of work, always feeling used and abused and constant cutbacks. I had to quit due to the lack of heat in my hands during the winter; you will be stuck outside for long periods without time or a place to warm up or use the bathroom.
Pros
Being outdoors and friendly public interactions
Cons
-50 windchill and disrespect towards new hires. Unrealistic expectations.
Canada Post
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC15 January 2018
I loved working at Canada Post. I especially loved customer service and being part of a team.

The work was heavy and I like hard work and I was very fast and will respected by my bosses.

The job paid well and kept me and my son well and provided many things that I would not have had as a single parent of 15 years.
Pros
All good!
Cons
None!
Postal Clerk
Postal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 January 2018
A typical day (work schedule is Monday-Friday) commences at 9:15 a.m. and concludes at 5:15 p.m.
I learned about the collective agreement between Canada Post and the CUPW, the Canada Labour Code, the Canada Post Act.
Pros
Guaranteed hours and rate of pay
Cons
Canada Post closing work centres.
fun place to work in
Postal Clerk / Letter Carrier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 January 2018
the best thing in this job is that you have your own schedule if you are a letter carrier no supervision. the hardest part of the job is walking in a very cold weather and dogs in summer.
Holiday Work Crew
Supplementary Christmas Crew (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK13 January 2018
I was employed in 'The Pit' where incoming parcels are sorted into bins for delivery to about two dozen postal locations across Saskatchewan. This job was a great workout with a lot of walking and carrying.
Over all about life
Lettercarrier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 January 2018
I believe that it made a difference in life skills. I can do the job for you.I am trainable and willing to learn new things to improve me as a person.
Canada post
Retail Rep (Current Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, AB11 January 2018
In my current position I am dealing with a different type of Canada Post Customer .Previouly I dealt with the delivery end and now , I am dealing with the customer at the shipping end. Mailing their packages through our company .

The process to ship around Canada and around the world varies from country to country and it has been a great look at this side of the corporation .

I love the way the corperation is going in the way of the management they are now putting into place . The corperation I feel is starting to care a bit more about the employee and the way our home lives and work lives are changing .

The hardest part of my job at the present time was is the overwhelming amount of products we sale and don't really get a lot of training on .

I love the customers my coworkers and have made many friends from both .
Pros
I have made it through 3 Recessions
Cons
I feel that our wages are low compared to other labour jobs .
Repetitive Job
Delivery Agent, Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 January 2018
The pay is nice but its not worth the amount of work you have to do for it. It should be a lot higher, especially in the winter when your hands freeze
Good job, really hard for newbies
Letter Carrier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 January 2018
It's a really great job if you've been here for years. To be successful as a new employee, you need to have nothing else going on in your life, because the work is long, hard, and consumes you. As a term employee your schedule changes day to day and you never know when you will be home so it is impossible to plan anything or have any kind of life outside of work. If you have the patience to stick through the misery and burn out for a couple years, it gets better and you get settled in with a nice, secure, easy job. Management will never tell you anything or help you with anything or answer any question directly, but the workers are a nice bunch and very helpful, lending to a good work environment. Considering you need no formal training, the pay is great.
Pros
Good pay, nice coworkers, engaging tasks
Cons
long hours, impersonal management, no set schedule.
Productive and fun place to work.
Mail Carrier (Current Employee) –  Morden, MB9 January 2018
Did lock changes and Forwarded mail for customers who have moved. Sorted mail and parcels in the Post Office. Distributed mail and parcels by vehicle to community mail boxes, residences and businesses. Released registered and special delivery letters and parcels to designated recipients and obtained signatures for release. Helped customers with oversized parcels. Resolved service related problems in a timely manner.
Pros
No weekends or evenings, good benefits
Cons
Have to use my own personal vehicle
Productive and fun place to work
Postal Sorter (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB9 January 2018
Although the hiring process is long, and the security screening for Canada Post is very in-depth and there is no job security for the position I was hired for, it is well worth the effort.
I love sports football and I hope to be a bodybuilder
Sales Clerk (Current Employee) –  toronto8 January 2018
I want to learn agriculture since I was young I was interested to be a green farm owner full of vegetables, fruits, fruits, flowers and animals of cows and horses rural life is safe and beautiful, and that believable in that. One of the days because the Canadian and American territories are known as opportunities for the people who are currently from the poor African countries and full of wars and terrorist bombings, which is a pity to get our country so we go to the Arab countries and we can get To university education because of financial problems, but thank God always has a second chance in this beautiful life of people like us who suffer from the hardships of life.
Pros
free lunches Upgrade functional
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canada Post. Our community is ready to answer.