Canada Post Employee Reviews

it's a hard wrok
Flyer Delivery (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS19 March 2018
Overall, the work is pretty heavy for women, not having any gender discrimination. If you have a good physical condition and a truck, and if you have a lot of flexible time, you can have a try. But, honestly, you cannot count on this job to support yourself very well. The payment is too low for such a heavy workload.
Letter carrier
Letter Carrier/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 March 2018
I think I had the most fun working as a letter carrier as I was an SLC which means I did holiday relief. Every week or two I would be on a new walk and meeting more customers all the time. It was great exercise and I enjoyed being outdoors no matter what the weather.
Pros
Outdoors
Cons
n/a
I personally love my job, just ready to not be full time, everyday
Letter Carrier (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC17 March 2018
I have always enjoyed working at Canada Post. My only issue has been the relationship between the union and management that trickles down to the workers. Often find that you have your avid union people and then others that just want to do their job.
Pros
Being outside working
Cons
The weather at times
it is what you make it
RSMC (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON17 March 2018
The best of both worlds, you get to work inside and organize your day and then go on the road for your deliveries. It's nice to meet your customers and have a chat, I love my customers, they are wonderful. I get along very well with management, they are a great bunch of people, you can always take your concerns to them. Everyone gets along, you can be as social as you want or if you would rather keep to yourself that is fine too. I think the hardest part is the difference between LC's and RSMC's.
Pros
being on the road
Cons
amount and size of parcels
Fun if you work
Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 March 2018
Was enjoyable if working. Awful system of calling you the morning of if there's work available which can make scheduling your time tricky.

If you get a weekly assignment it's nice for that week. Just hope you get it for longer than a week because some times you might not work for a few weeks, and sometimes you might have 8 weeks of work. It can be hit or miss.

Supervisors, while in a different union were great to me as a new hire and helped out a ton when I needed it.

Not a bad gig, but not a great gig.
Satisfactory
Data Integrity Officer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 March 2018
Frustrating...unable to achieve objectives. Constant change and unclear direction form Management made it difficult to fulfill goals and feel satisfaction in one's accomplishments.
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga12 March 2018
Not a very stressful job environment. Slow-pace culture with poor management and lack of recognition of employees. Great work/life balance. Flexible working hours.
Pros
Flexible work hours / great work-life balance
Cons
no employee recognition, can get boring/stale
Heavy work!
Clerk/Plant Worker (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 March 2018
Company production expectation can be unrealistic for some jobs! They require production tickets to be printed in some areas and not in others...For the most part the supervisors are good people who are respectful of the employees.
Bad place
Letter carrier (Current Employee) –  Burlington11 March 2018
Long hours, rude management.
No life work balance
volume of flyers
Broken pdt
Long routes
Work at any weather condotion
Hard to get permanent position
okay summer work, tough in winter
Rural Suburban Mail Carrier On Call (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON11 March 2018
The only issue I have is if you are an RSMC you cannot apply for any other position. If you are a clerk or delivery you can. RSMC is inside the same union but separate, for some unknown reason.

Compared to delivery agent you get 2/3 the pay or less for similar work. No overtime, what you get paid in the summer when work is light you get in December when work is heavy.
Pros
work on your own
Cons
cannot apply for work inside Post
Productive and fun place
Letter Carrier (Current Employee) –  Georgetown8 March 2018
Fun, energetic. Great place to work. Most of the day is spent on your own. Very little supervison form managers. The pay is fair but the work is not easy. It can be strenious on your body.
canada post
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON6 March 2018
is a very good place to work. It is a place to learn how postal department is serving the nation. The hardest part of the job is to work with the team because all people are not same. And most interesting thing is flexibility at work.
working outdoors
Mail Carrier (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB5 March 2018
I loved being able to work out doors and also had the opportunity to work over time. Being casual was a bit tough as I was never on the same route and sometimes it was difficult to figure out the recommended route.
Temp job has no set hours
Letter Carrier - Temporary (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 March 2018
It's a Coroporation but unionized. You might get work one week and not work for a week to a month. No benefits or pension. It takes a long time to get PT or FT status.
Work place is good and it’s depend on where you working
Letter Carrier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 March 2018
I am working at 66 Ray Avenue supervisor very helpful if they don’t have help simple they said sorry no help today as a new employee.
Every month has biding schedule you can bit the route and move the place to place
Yeah i would say work load some time too much but if you can’t able to finish on time you will get over time pay which is good
Letter carrier totally physically work you all the time on your foot walking but good for your health as well
I would say latter carrier is very fast way to get permanent employee
Letter Carrier Supervisor
Letter Carrier Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON4 March 2018
I was a Letter Carrier Supervisor. This entailed the safety of all staff, the delivery of mail and packages, safely and efficiently. Staff time entry, staffing, sickness interviews, modified work, workers compensation, unions collective agreements. Transportation sectors of the business. From the letter box to the Mail Processing plant, to the Mail delivery Depot, to delivery to homes and business's.
Responding to customer complaints, issues on the streets, dog bites, mail delivery issues.
Self motivated, dedicated and trustworthy.
Pros
Excellent advancements
Cons
Hours, travel
Double the workload and less pay
Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Keswick, ON1 March 2018
7 years ago this job was hiring at $25 an hour and the routes had half the stops that they have now. It is a very difficult job to walk that far every day and the mail sorting is very stressful. You've been warned. It is not a good place to work.
Pros
daytime hours
Cons
non stop physical labour, not enough time in day to finish routes, awful maps, so many fliers every single day
Productive place to work
Rural and Suburban Mail Carrier, (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON28 February 2018
Early Mornings, long days. You will learn about time management and how to be more effective in your work life with proper organization on the job. Management is fantastic and are always willing to help when needed and very understanding and patient. The hardest part is having to learn a new route every other week in order to keep a consistent work life until a full time position becomes available which can take a long time. The most enjoyable part is having your own office out on the roads while delivering and meeting new people.
Pros
work truck while working
Good work life balance
Letter Carrier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 February 2018
Hours are good and able to be home by 4pm everyday and have weekends off as well. Work could be more organized and management not in favor of employees.
Out doors working
Letter carrier(Delivery Agent) (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON23 February 2018
great place to work for people who like to be outside in the elements. pay can be a little better and not wait so long to get hired on full time. people there are very helpful as well

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canada Post. Our community is ready to answer.