Canada Post logo
Happiness score is 73 out of 100Above average

Canada Post Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

Found 1,744 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,785 reviews

Flexible working time for me (3-11pm)

Not stressful, easy job, good pay. It likes a paid work-out to me. You have to pay the union fee ($90/month) even you work only one day.The co-works and the supervisors are friendly.

Pros

Good pay, low pressure at work.

Cons

Not consistent schedule for the part time worker.

A great palce to work

I did my internship at Canada Post and I was so pleased with my experience. I had a well-organized onboarding procedure and the culture was amazing. Very diverse place that everyone in the team was so helpful.

Pros

Culture, work flexibilty, diversity

Rural Contractor/Sub-Contractor

Worked as a rural contractor/sub-contractor, sorting & delivering mail & parcels to cmb modules (postal boxes) and parcel delivery to the door. The pay is decent, however they do NOT take any deductions off your pay, so unless you have many deductions, you will end up having to pay the government HUGE income tax. Because I functioned as a fill-in (sub-contractor) for the contractor of the route, I was not entitled to any of the union benefits or perks, nor did I acquire any seniority, which made it difficult to apply for any other job postings from within, or have any chance of retaining my job when the contractor of the route retires. The job itself is okay, but it’s ridiculous that a crown corporation treats its personnel so unfairly, and although I was doing the exact job as the contractor, I was paid differently and without the same perks/benefits. This is a busy job position with many hoops to jump through, too many politics and shoddy treatment from the general public (due to misinformation on the part of Canada post and retailers). To anyone who thinks this job would be easy, I say RUN....IT ISN’T WORTH IT.

Pros

Working outside

Cons

Working outside, unfair treatment from company as well as general public

Really a fun place to work

I worked as a Seasonal Postal Clerk for about 2 months and it was an amazing experience. The people were so nice and friendly. I will highly recommend this job to anyone. And the pay rate was so good.

Questions will take forever to be answered if at all

Worked casual;y for a short while. Applied for a follow-up job. More than 90% of the applicants got an interview. I was part of the 10% that didn't even receive an email. All questions to them from me and even supervisors went unanswered. Too bad because I was an excellent employee and loved my job.

Pros

Union cares about Safety, pays good, great co-workers

Cons

Getting anything done through the channels is not possible.

Depends on what depot you are at

I loved working in Hamilton, they were understanding and flexible. Cambridge - Galt was worse, with one new manager not understanding her employee's needs and how to retain talent. You get trucks in Hamilton, which makes winter easier, but Cambridge is walking only, so pretty terrible in - 20 degree weather.

Pros

By yourself a lot, lots of outdoors and exercise

Cons

Cold weather, walking routes are very hard, management

Experience

Working at Canada Post is terrific, but if you are located Edmonton like area where winter is harsh, it is extremely difficult on winter. summer is really fun. If you finish your work before designated 8 hours, you can come back to home.

Pros

Exercise, work alone

Cons

Winter season

Great employer

Positive customer driven company. Management support and collaboration between functions is getting much better at the management level.It is indeed a great place to work.

Pros

Benefits, support staff, training

Cons

Occasional work load

Educational, fun and friendly place to work

I loved it and I never should have let my job go I miss it. They train you well and if you still need more they explain it till you get it I had the privilege to also work in Timmins and Chapleau every place is different but no matter where you are the workers are great to work with

Pros

Everyone is respectful of everyone it’s a great place to work

Cons

I found the travelling long and I find the shipping of parcels to be sometime confusing

It’s can be fun

I liked working for Canada post unfortunately I was only a person to take over for people when they needed time off or was sick so there wasn’t enough hours for me but if I could get a full time job with them I would take it

Pros

Every good pay

Cons

Driving all day and sometimes not getting home until late

Jobs at Canada Post

See more jobs

Avoid unless you're a mule

At first I was excited to work at Canada Post. I'll make a difference I told myself. Boy was I wrong! You come in as a temporary relief carrier. Good luck being full-time permanent as that means they would have to pay you benefits, can't have that! It means you are at the bottom of the barrel. Working outside isn't the issue it's actually a relief being outside away from the depot. Experienced carriers will keep being surprised that you're staying and will tell you. Wear and tear of your body will come quickly. Many older carriers all have some form of injury or surgery that needed to be done related to the job. During the holidays, expect to be the biggest mule in North America. Some routes are very heavy on parcels and packets. Expect to walk at minimum 20+kms per day. Same goes for junk mails...ops, I meant flyers or neighborhood mail. Some routes will have 3-4 of them. Others will have 8 to 12 of them. Management is hit or miss, literally. They might give you the almighty speeches about caring about you and your safety, but they care more about the bottom line than you the employee lining their pockets. I used to hear this joke about how their step vans were held together by gum and tape...it's not a joke in actuality because they are in the inside. The union doesn't give 2 cents as long their overloads are with them. Company is ran like it's the 60's...

Pros

working outside

Cons

management, useless union, no modern equipment for carriers or vehicles

Bon environnement de travail

Environnement de travail sain et sécuritaire. Bonne ambiance.

Caustic Supervisors and Managers spoil what could be a good job. HIGH risk of injury.

Working at Canada Post was the most stressful job I had in MANY years. - the work is physically demanding - and that part was great - wonderful way to get in shape walking if you are a Letter Carrier. Now the bulk of the manual sorting is done - so perhaps that means that the worker can spend LESS time IN the office / Delivery Centre. STAY AWAY FROM MANAGEMENT.In my opinion - Management or lack of effective management is THE problem at Canada Post. I met and was honoured to work with many hard-working people who knew how to move mail. But they all worked overnight shifts - - and they did this by choice - because that is where all the brand new supervisors and managers get sent - so the long-term workers go there for less hassle. THEY teach the supervisors who are smart enough to learn.MOST of the supervisors and managers are so negative they are caustic. They make a physically demanding job that CAN be fun - dangerous. In My Opinion Supervisors who regularly coerced workers back to duty before they had properly-recovered from injuries - is why my body still aches needlessly today. The act of dealing with the weather, customers and physically delivering the mail - - is nothing - compared to the joke of trying to work for the current management. They manage - by disciplinary action. Or that was my overall experience after almost ten years as both a driver of all sizes of vehicles and as a Letter Carrier in Depots in more than one province.

Pros

You get great exercise if you want it - and you get to go home at night.

Cons

Terrible Management and high risk of damage to your body: if not acute, by injury, long-term damage to joints, like arthritis, is VERY likely.

Very difficult, high stress, toxic environment

One of the most difficult jobs you can do. The workload is overwhelmingly heavy. Be prepared to walk over 100kms a week your feet will have blisters the 2nd day on your job. The people are toxic, and the management doesnt care about anybody aslong as they have the easy job sitting at the desk all day. Taxes and the amount of deductions from your paycheck are very high. Overall not a very good environment very stressful.

Pros

Pay is decent buy your really working for it

Cons

Stressful, physically and emotionally exhausting, feeling overwhelmed everyday, taxes and deductions are high, toxic environment, employees are rude, very undervalued, no respect for essential workers, can never trust anybody in this compnay.

You have to fit the mould

Culture is very political. You do not fit the mould, you might get put on a performance plan, or worst intimidated by colleagues and/or supervisors to enter in the circle.

Pros

Pension Plan, benefits

Cons

Culture, salary, expectations

Long hours, heavy work load

If you get hired you’ll be a relief. That means you’ll make 80% of the person you’re covering. The problem is the person you’re covering knows their route, so it takes them half the time it will take you. You’ll be working twice as long for less pay. You won’t understand all the codes and additions and subtractions on your pay stub, and 30% of the time your pay will be wrong and you’ll have to leave messages for management to correct it. Management is always “off” or “on holidays” in one year I saw the supervisor once, and in that same year I wasn’t paid on five separate occasions. Don’t work here if you have bills to pay. This is a job for someone who’s parents or partner supports them financially and they don’t mind busting their butt for next to nothing. 10 hour days delivering a “6 hour route” at 80% ends up being less than minimum wage after deductions. Not worth it.

Pros

Good coworkers.

Cons

Long hours, insufficient pay, unreliable pay cheques, heavy work load.

Good place great people

Great place to work looking for work in side now hope to get work with Canada post Available Monday to Friday And saturdy if need looking to hear from you

Politics and advancement over honesty.

Very political, your own boss has his buddies working under him even though it's not allowed.. extremely based on who you know.It all depends on who, and where you know. Better hope you have friends, otherwise, everyone is an enemy.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Poor management

Toxic environment

I gave up another job to work at Canada Post and it was the worst mistake I ever made. Zero training, very toxic environment, no one does their job and it's all who you know if you want to advance within the organization. I liked the job but the letter carrier's are awful and management even worst. No one helps each other out and no one thinks twice to throw you under the bus and spread lies. Extremely disappointing for my career but at the end of the day, it was their loss!

Pros

Good pension

Cons

Toxic environment, back stabbing, zero support

Over all excellent

From the depot I worked from, I had fun, learned a lot, gained friends. Most colleges are friendly and approachable. The shift was unusual but manageable because it was regular.

Keep Looking

I attended Letter Carrier Training. The classroom learning is risible, the management mendacious. The deliveries are better, room for improvement is required. An overhaul of the organization is evident.

Pros

Outdoors

3.3Job security/advancement