Canada Post
Happiness score is 66 out of 100

Canada Post Employee Reviews

Canada1,954 reviews

Found 1,954 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,998 reviews

Exciting time to work at Canada Post.

Many terrific people work at Canada Post. Most difficult thing is size and complexity of organization. Culture is in transition--hopeful for improvement. Many people work far too many hours.

Worst environment to work in

Was not impressed to work for Canada Post. Got yelled at by coworkers, every supervisor would tell you something different. Lots of drama and people talking behind everyone’s back. So disorganized over Christmas even though they deal with it every year. Did not feel safe being who I am as a person. If you want a pension and can work the worst hours than go for it but it was not worth it for my mental health.

Insights into Canada Post

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Stressful, too much of a workload but worked by yourself

They did not handle the pandemic well treating employees like garbage and throwing them out after 20 years of service. They could have done better!!!!!

co-worker are fun to work with

Working at Canada Post is really enjoyable when work is available. The hourly pay is great, and union is awesome. However, it's hard to advance out of casual as it's all seniority based, and there aren't a ton of positions that open up. Can go long weeks- months without a call in the slow season with low seniority.

PostMaster

Hired as a postmaster and not paid nearly enough for all the duties involved for the job, I know I'm new but to be in charge of the whole operation the pay is minimal also split shifts at 30 hours a week

Il prennent les gens pour des bouche trou

Impossible avoir du temps plein Et il y as du favoritismes envers des employés

Decent place

Decent starting job. As a clerk you don’t make a lot but can work your way up to a supervisor role. However it can be highly competative going that route.

Stressful. Very Stressful.

I’ve been with CPC for a few years now and worked with many people in many offices. The people IN office (for the most part) are great. We become little weird families and take care of each other because the company does not. Not those of us who do the grunt work. I work in the retail part so I am the face of the company. I’m the one that customers come to, whether it be problems - which they usually blame me for - or to send something. Up above myself and my colleagues in the corporate areas they get bonuses, work from home, best of the best tech, etc. What do we get - the ones that actually could use the tech? Nothing. Refurbished printers older than me, a ‘new’ system that was NOT ready to be launched and an absolutely useless helpline. The only reason I give it two star - and even then it’s hard - is because of the amount of hrs I am required to work vs the amount of benefits I’m entitled to and receive. The benefits are good. HOWEVER, they purposely split the different positions so that ONLY post masters basically get the dental coverage. Like literally by 45 mins or an hour do my colleagues and myself miss out on dental. AND IT IS DONE PURPOSELY SO THAT THEY DONT HAVE TO PAY OUT.

Good

Great place to work but takes very long to get full time or part time position. Good if your young looking for a side job for extra money. I suggest applying

Ongoing transformation

Great place to work. Growing focus on customer and employee experience.Previously, teams operated in silos but work is being done for more cross functional collaborations.

Postal Clerk

Postal Clerk for over 3 years. Easy and simple. Sorting all parcels and package, and not a fast pace, but take a easy and do a good job. Also sort the envelope

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Take long time to be hired

good

good opportunity to learn, grow, count envelopes, look at birds in the plant, experience the side of people brought out in unionized work environment, occasional cold pizza lunch provided for price of listening to management.

Think twice prior to applying .............

Full honestly its a unionized company, might as well be two large corporations only looking out for the higher paid members of both. The culture is toxic and negative. During covid we were treated poorly and our concerns constantly dismissed. Your lucky if you get a good morning from the senior management. I am so happy I got out of there. The management lies and promises full time hours, but yet cant seem to follow through with anything. The lack of consistent leadership and communications is evident and actually embarrassing. No professionalism, no long term thought to decision making...supervisors lack integrity and actual any management experience. They take their direction from someone no one ever meets. Think long and hard prior to wasting your time, you might get tons of training hours, but in actuality your just being used to move parcels for three weeks until they use up your training hours....then can't give you anything else. This is not a Company that empowers their employees and they hire management personal with NULL experience in working with people.

Above industry wage but no career progress.

If you want to remain where you are for the rest of your life and guaranteed job security, this is the place for you. No career advancement unless you 'belong' or know someone in upper management.

Pros

Nice place to work if you're with the right team ..or people.

Cons

The pay and benefit is great. The union is useless and not worth the amount deducted. Unfortunately, the two major minority groups are ra ...t and think the organization belongs to them.

good

très peu satisfaisant, à la recherche d'un meilleur employeur,

syndicat pas très efficace, salaire insuffisant pour la difficulté à porter aux phisique, l'employeur ne recherche aucunement la satisfaction de ces employé mes seulement des coupure budgetaire pour plus de profit, le raport employeur et employé est vraiment pitoyable et regrétable.

Pros

je ne trouve pas

Not my favourite job

I only worked at CP for a few weeks to do the training and then a few shifts here & there as on call casual. It's notoriously hard to get a permanent position and the work is difficult. So many procedures and protocols to follow I couldn't remember many things after training as you use them so infrequently and work so little after getting hired.

Pros

Decent benefits

Cons

Low pay and difficult work

I don't recommend anyone to work for this company

Couldn't pay me enough to work for such a terrible company,,, I do not recommend this company to anyone. This company has gone downhill. Even being retired, fighting them tooth and nail trying to get our pension that we rightfully earned. They do not care for any of there employees,,,, you are just a number to them. AGAIN I WOULD NOT RECCOMEND THIS COMPANY TO ANYONE

A place where you can deliver for Canadians and each other every day

Great people from all corners of Canada, working together for a common purpose and values. Focused not only on delivering a great experience but also considering the impact tot he environment and social responsibility that comes with being one of the largest crown corporations in Canada.

No hours until 2 years in.

EXTREMELY unreliable when starting. No hours for the first 2 years until you get on permanently. Extremely poor management. Good job after the first 2 years when you're not on a different route everyday.

Good pension, but is it really worth it?

Less qualified people get promoted due to women/visible minority preference. This in turn causes a ripple effect on how things are run and creates a toxic work environment akin to a circus.Culture of laziness, especially in management and the union. Job is literally about cheating and cutting corners because of structure and management.

Pros

Easy job, anyone can do it.

Cons

Everything you can imagine and more.

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement